Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Exceed RC Support - Helicopter
Reload this Page >

Crash, smoke bent main shaft

Notices
Exceed RC Support - Helicopter Discuss all Helicopter Support for items purchased or will be purchasing at Exceed RC.

Crash, smoke bent main shaft

Old 09-19-2009, 11:23 AM
doogietim02

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crash, smoke bent main shaft

I am a newbie. Have anExceed RCG2. Has gone well however, I had a small crash that broke one of the main blade holders. The RC hit the wall. The blade also kind of split on the edge a bit but not too bad. One other thing that occurred was I was unable to zero my throttle and a bit of smoke came from the motor. Only for about three seconds but smoke none the less. I have ordered new parts and they r in route. I was able to fix the blade holder, at least tepmorarily. When I tried to throttle up all goes pretty well. Not as smooth as before, just a tiny bit of wobble. now as I increase throttle I am unable to get the RC to lift off the ground. It sounds like the motor is not getting up to speed as before. Of course I am only going by the sound and the fact that it will not lift off. The bladesare slightly unbalancedbalance visually.
My questions:
Why will it not lift off?
Could the motor be bad even though it is still working? It just does not sound loud enough as before the crash.
Will it lift off even with unbalanced blades?
Could it be the main shaft being bent? Looks bent. How do you remove the main shaft? Any RCG2 schematics?
Any suggestions?
Old 09-23-2009, 05:35 PM
yadac123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Crash, smoke bent main shaft

when the heli is not lifted off it could be your pitch is set incorrectly. A pitch of 5 to 6 degree is necessary for the heli to lift at center throttle. Another reason is the motor's brushes are damaged and it's not spinning at the targeted RPM.

If your blades are not balanced, it will create stress on he motor and therefore transferred to the ESC. Please make sure your blades are well tracked. Yes a heli can lift even if the blades are not well tracked.

If your main shaft is bent you can see a wobble at high rpm the best thing to do is to remove it and roll it on the flat surface and you can see it. Please see here: http://site.exceedrc.com/resource/product/g2-ex.jpg

Andy
Old 04-12-2010, 03:43 PM
gclow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you have never set up the pitch for the main rotor blades there exists a 2  part series on youtube at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VArYrRQ4dxw&feature=fvw

Watch both before you start, that will provide a better understanding of the goal.

Good luck
Old 04-14-2010, 07:23 PM
yadac123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the help.

Andy