Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Tail Servo issues Raptor G2

I just purchased a Raptor G2, put the battery in after full charge and headed to indoor warehouse for flight. It was hovering at 2 inches perfectly for about 3-4 minutes, had excellent controll over the heli. Then I had no rudder controll left or right, so i landed... Tried to lift off and instantly started rotating 360 degrees, landed...

I examined that the tail servo had froze up...

i replaced it with a HiTec HS-81 Micro...

now i am having new problem.

it is VERY sensative, also it does not return to center, if i rudder left it stays over to the left and hangs, and has hard time returning to center, If i rudder right, it hangs a bit and has hard time returning to center...

Any ideas???!! Help!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Tail Servo issues Raptor G2

I have been doing more research on this, I think i may have a gyro issue, when the heli is sitting still, i can see the servo twitching back and forth with noone touching it... I am not sure but i don't think thats supposed to happen..

also i was wondering if i have a heading hold mode, or a rate mode? i think thats what its called. any information appretiated. gyro is wk-g011

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Tail Servo issues Raptor G2

Update: after numerouse youtube videos... i figured out that my heli has the heading hold function, which is why it reacts this way when it is not running.... when i fly it, it performs flawlessly...

Hence the machine is smarter than the man...

I guess it happens sometimes