Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Exceed RC Support - Helicopter
Reload this Page >

EXCEED MADHAWK 300 AIRWOLF???

Notices
Exceed RC Support - Helicopter Discuss all Helicopter Support for items purchased or will be purchasing at Exceed RC.

EXCEED MADHAWK 300 AIRWOLF???

Old 12-13-2009, 03:28 AM
aluminum crusher

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default EXCEED MADHAWK 300 AIRWOLF???

HI ALL I would like to know if this is a good stable heli for a newbie to helis. I have the blade msr and can hover pretty good N, E, S, and West . And also can fly flat slow speed forward circles left and right...every now and then I will hit a wall or door knob But low and behold I was on the rc motorcycle section on RCU and I saw an add for Xheli.com. That was my first time hearing about them, after viewing their site I fell in love with that madhawk 300 airwolf. I was at the hobbystore thee other day and ask them did they have anything that was fixed pitch like the Blade msr but in a bigger size...and they said NOPE. But as I said low and behold I came across xheli.com, so tell me what you guys think will that madhawk 300 airwolf perform like the blade msr fixed pitch mini heli or better??? Or shall I gone ahead and get that rc TTiger motorcycle (I'm just trying new stuff out Thanks for your reply's
Old 12-13-2009, 06:54 PM
yadac123

Default RE: EXCEED MADHAWK 300 AIRWOLF???

Yes the madhawk 300 is a perfect helicopter if you want to give yourself a bit more challenge. The rotor head is a hybrid of fix pitch and coxial so you get the pros of both heli.

Andy
Old 12-13-2009, 08:01 PM
aluminum crusher

ORIGINAL: yadac123

Yes the madhawk 300 is a perfect helicopter if you want to give yourself a bit more challenge. The rotor head is a hybrid of fix pitch and coxial so you get the pros of both heli.

Andy
OK thanks ...now all I need is for you to put up a good video with no music I would like to here how it sounds. Thanks
Old 12-14-2009, 02:58 AM
aluminum crusher

Oh and what wind speeds can this heli fly in. Thanks again
Old 12-14-2009, 04:00 PM
aluminum crusher

Hi is this walkera model the exact same chopper as the exceed madhawk airwolf 300 http://www.xheli.com/walkera-hybrid-...elicopter.html

Because if it is the walkera model says it is 21 inches long and the exceed model is only 18 inches long http://www.xheli.com/50h28-madhawk300-red.html
Also do they have the same style of rotory head, it says the walkera head is cnc....is the exceed rotory head on the madhawk 300 made of aluminum parts because from the pic's they look like black plastic. Thanks please let me know so that I can place my order I tried calling you guy's but the phones are always busy [:@] Please let me know the correct size of each because I want to order the longest one but I like the red and white exceed madhawk 300 but if the walker is almost 4 inches longer then I will get the walker cb180 airwolf. Thanks again
Old 12-18-2009, 12:49 AM
yadac123

both models share the same parts just the color is different. I'm looking at the description and it doesn't say 21 inches so where did you get that? Yes both model are aluminum head not plastic.

http://www.xheli.com/walkera-hybrid-...elicopter.html descriptiuon says 18 inches.

http://www.xheli.com/50h28-madhawk300-red.html clearly mentioned "New Precise CNC-machined metal rotor head provides more operation accuracy"

???

Andy
Old 12-18-2009, 02:35 AM
aluminum crusher

both models share the same parts just the color is different. I'm looking at the description and it doesn't say 21 inches so where did you get that?

Andy
Well I got it from xheli website but they have said that they were sorry because their web guy had post up the wrong specs. Here go and read what xheli wrote on youtube. Then you will see that it was changed since then. I'am not telling lies just to stir up stuff[sm=wink_smile.gif] As you read it, you will see that it was also someone else concern on the matter . Because it stated that the parts were the same, but it also stated ( in the spec's) the walkera cb180q was almost 4inches longer than the exceed madhawk 300. So if so then the question was how can the parts interchange with each other.???

THE PROOF
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3blNH2bNEw[sm=wink_smile.gif]
Old 12-19-2009, 05:47 PM
yadac123

ok I see. I do see that the web has been changed when someone brought it up on youtube. Thanks

Andy
Old 12-24-2009, 01:10 AM
aluminum crusher

ok I see. I do see that the web has been changed when someone brought it up on youtube. Thanks

Andy
HEY Yadac how do I get more left and right movement from this heli (madhawk 300). The nose turns just fine but I have to give the right stick ALOT of throw just to get it to move left or right. And it also keeps going forward even tho i have the trim set all the way back what adjustments must I do. And I'm gonna need some step by step instructions on how to remove the fuselage and to repair this thing[&:]. I already had to replace the tail rotor blades and that thing was a pain to get off , it was like if it had super glue on it. I had to take off the tail end and then hold the rotorblade shaft with some vise grips and pull the blade end off with some pliers ( I mean I really had to pull my heart out just to get that thing off) . But all is well now. The fuselage is easy to crack and my front window came out of place from a 1 foot hover in the air dead drop landing . But I put that back in place I just stuck a small flat stick thru the fuselage to push it back in place. Keep in mind that I'm new to RC helicopter's AND DISPITE THE EASY TO CRACK FUSELAGE (it is a hairline crack you really can't see it unless you really look hard) AND WINDOW POPPING OUT EASY, AND HARD TO TAKE OFF TAIL BLADE.....I LIKE THIS HELI IT IS VERY, VERY STABLE JUST LIKE CO-AXILE. I think it's stable just like my blade cx2. Now all we need is some step by step repair or build instructions . Would I recommend this Exceed madhawk 300 to a friend that's is an heli newbie YES. But I would say get the canopy type first or buy both canopy type and the fuselage type...just leave the fuselage type on the shelf until you get much better at flying. Oh and Yadac I will post up some pic's of the Heli different white colors.... and never mind the 10 dollars off I just wanted to bring it to your attention, unless you wanna give me 10 dollars worth of parts like 3 sets of main blades and 2 sets of tail blades STOCK, OR 1 set of Airy harden version 2 mainblades and 2 sets of rotor blades. And thanks for your reply's
Old 12-27-2009, 04:50 AM
Eddie48

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: aluminum crusher

Andy
HEY Yadac how do I get more left and right movement from this heli (madhawk 300). The nose turns just fine but I have to give the right stick ALOT of throw just to get it to move left or right. And it also keeps going forward even tho i have the trim set all the way back what adjustments must I do. And I'm gonna need some step by step instructions on how to remove the fuselage and to repair this thing[&:]. I already had to replace the tail rotor blades and that thing was a pain to get off , it was like if it had super glue on it. I had to take off the tail end and then hold the rotorblade shaft with some vise grips and pull the blade end off with some pliers ( I mean I really had to pull my heart out just to get that thing off) . But all is well now. The fuselage is easy to crack and my front window came out of place from a 1 foot hover in the air dead drop landing . But I put that back in place I just stuck a small flat stick thru the fuselage to push it back in place. Keep in mind that I'm new to RC helicopter's AND DISPITE THE EASY TO CRACK FUSELAGE (it is a hairline crack you really can't see it unless you really look hard) AND WINDOW POPPING OUT EASY, AND HARD TO TAKE OFF TAIL BLADE.....I LIKE THIS HELI IT IS VERY, VERY STABLE JUST LIKE CO-AXILE. I think it's stable just like my blade cx2. Now all we need is some step by step repair or build instructions . Would I recommend this Exceed madhawk 300 to a friend that's is an heli newbie YES. But I would say get the canopy type first or buy both canopy type and the fuselage type...just leave the fuselage type on the shelf until you get much better at flying. Oh and Yadac I will post up some pic's of the Heli different white colors.... and never mind the 10 dollars off I just wanted to bring it to your attention, unless you wanna give me 10 dollars worth of parts like 3 sets of main blades and 2 sets of tail blades STOCK, OR 1 set of Airy harden version 2 mainblades and 2 sets of rotor blades. And thanks for your reply's
I have the same helicopter except it's not the airwolf version. When I flew my Madhawk 300 it kind of tilts left a little while flying, I can compensate with opposite right cyclic, but I have to push the knob on the transmitterto the right and hold so it doesn't tilt left all the time. I don't have a problem with it going forward, except in breezy winds outside. I have slightly broken the tail blade also, I ordered two (2) more replacement tail rotor blades, I have notremoved the broken tail rotor blade yet.

Some step by step repair instructions would be nice.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo40410.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	1342615  
Old 12-27-2009, 04:43 PM
aluminum crusher

ORIGINAL: Eddie48

Andy
I have the same helicopter except it's not the airwolf version. When I flew my Madhawk 300 it kind of tilts left a little while flying, I can compensate with opposite right cyclic, but I have to push the knob on the transmitter to the right and hold so it doesn't tilt left all the time. I don't have a problem with it going forward, except in breezy winds outside. I have slightly broken the tail blade also, I ordered two (2) more replacement tail rotor blades, I have not removed the broken tail rotor blade yet.

Some step by step repair instructions would be nice. [img][/img]

yEAH i POSTED THIS UP A WHILE AGO . aND IT SEEMS LIKE i CAN'T GET ANY HELP.
Old 12-30-2009, 12:49 AM
yadac123

ok if you guy need to hold the rudder a in single direction to make the tail hold that means your RX's proportional gain got offset. To fix this look for a pot on the receiver and fine tune it.

the top dial is the sensitive of the gyro, how well you want the gyro to hold and I don't think this dial need to be adjusted.

the bottom dial is the one you want to play with. If you have to hold rudder left to stabilize the tail, the fine tune that dial right, clockwise, to offset it. Do it in small increments. Try this until you get it right. no matter how much you try you can only get it fairly stable and it will never be perfect.

Andy
Old 12-30-2009, 03:24 PM
aluminum crusher

ok if you guy need to hold the rudder a in single direction to make the tail hold that means your RX's proportional gain got offset. To fix this look for a pot on the receiver and fine tune it.

the top dial is the sensitive of the gyro, how well you want the gyro to hold and I don't think this dial need to be adjusted.

the bottom dial is the one you want to play with. If you have to hold rudder left to stabilize the tail, the fine tune that dial right, clockwise, to offset it. Do it in small increments. Try this until you get it right. no matter how much you try you can only get it fairly stable and it will never be perfect.

Andy
What's the best way to take off the tail blade. It is on the tail shaft pretty dawn hard and you just cannot pull it off. If you try to just pull it off the whole tail shaft starts to come out with it. Thanks for your reply's.
Old 01-06-2010, 08:45 PM
yadac123

what I did was I had to use brute force to take it off, if the gear come off it's ok because once the tail rotor is off I insert the gear back on after.

Andy
Old 01-06-2010, 11:42 PM
Eddie48

My main rotor blades are not turning, everything else works except the main rotor blades and the tail blade isn't turning either. I get a slow blinking red light on the heli's receiver because I turned the transmitter on then the receiver, which is thecorrect way. The main rotor and tail blades still do not turn. I'm getting a new receiver, disregardwhat I wroteabove.

Old 01-07-2010, 12:43 AM
Eddie48

One more question...

Are the main blades supposed to be close to tight or loose so they just flop around freely?

- Ed
Old 01-07-2010, 12:55 AM
Pilot_Guy

I decided this is the next one for me. I like the looks a lot and being a fixed pitch/4 channel/single rotor, it will be the next step up from coaxial. I'm opting for the Walkera version for the aluminum head, CNC blade holders and swash.

I'll see how this goes then move to my HoneyBee King and Belt-CP 6 channel.

So how's your MadHawks doing?
Old 01-07-2010, 01:00 AM
Pilot_Guy

One more question...

Are the main blades supposed to be close to tight or loose so they just flop around freely?

[img][/img]

- Ed
I can answer this. Never have them tight and stiff.

Tighten them up snug then tip the heli sideways with rotors parallel to the heli. Loosen the screw slowly, and I mean slowly, until the blade drops on it's own. This is where you want it.

Reason to have them swing free is when you hit something they will give instead of snap or ruin your gears.
Old 01-07-2010, 04:05 PM
aluminum crusher

One more question...

[img][/img]

- Ed
Leave them snug but loose= very free movement. I decided to keep mine after taking off the fuselage and re-centering the servo's and changing the ball end links to the outter hole it makes a big difference in movement. I'm trying to up load a video on youtube but it will not upload, it's only 633mb . I even convert it to mpeg for HD and it still will not upload what gives. And for the tail blades heat it up with a hair dryer or heat gun and then pull it off or cut it with a dremel but do not cut the tail shaft. I hope to get this video up my youtube name is BIGGBULLxxx. So keep an eye out for it.
Old 01-07-2010, 10:29 PM
aluminum crusher

One more question...

[img][/img]

- Ed
Leave them snug but loose= very free movement. I decided to keep mine after taking off the fuselage and re-centering the servo's and changing the ball end links to the outter hole it makes a big difference in movement. I'm trying to up load a video on youtube but it will not upload, it's only 633mb . I even convert it to mpeg for HD and it still will not upload what gives. And for the tail blades heat it up with a hair dryer or heat gun and then pull it off or cut it with a dremel but do not cut the tail shaft. I hope to get this video up my youtube name is BIGGBULLxxx. So keep an eye out for it.
A QUICK VIDEO...JUST A QUICK VIDEO NOT ANYTHING SPECIAL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLxkkkuqUYg
The following users liked this post:
GanjaGod (02-15-2023)
Old 01-08-2010, 01:04 AM
Eddie48

[/quote]
[/quote]

I already got the tail rotor off and put a new one on.
I'll keep the blades snug but loose with free movement.

I did have a fewgood outdoorflights with the helicopter.
As soon as I get the heli working again I'll upload a few videos to youtube.

I liked your video aluminum crusher...
You have some nice helicopters, I also have a blade CX2, maybe I'll upload an old video of the CX2.

- Ed
Old 01-08-2010, 01:08 AM
aluminum crusher

[/quote]

I already got the tail rotor off and put a new one on.
I'll keep the blades snug but loose with free movement.

I did have a few good outdoor flights with the helicopter.
As soon as I get the heli working again I'll upload a few videos to youtube.

I liked your video aluminum crusher... [img][/img]
You have some nice helicopters, I also have a blade CX2, maybe I'll upload an old video of the CX2.

- Ed
[/quote]
Thanks.... I will put up a better one as my flying skills become much better along with the weather, it's cold outside[&:] Yes go ahead and put up your video and don't forget to rate my video. Thanks
Old 01-08-2010, 01:52 AM
Eddie48

[/quote]
Thanks.... I will put up a better one as my flying skills become much better along with the weather, it's cold outside[&:] Yes go ahead and put up your video and don't forget to rate my video. Thanks
[/quote]

Here's a link to my blade CX2 video...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2Te3NUiJLU[/youtube]
Old 01-08-2010, 12:30 PM
aluminum crusher

[/quote]

Here's a link to my blade CX2 video...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2Te3NUiJLU[/youtube]
[/quote] OK GREAT VIDEO THANKS
Old 01-11-2010, 11:06 PM
yadac123

there is nothing wrong with the receiver you have. You need to connect the battery to the receiver first and then turn ON the radio. Before you turn ON the radio you need to have left joystick down and the speed trim down. Then move the right joystick in a circular motion to trigger the binding procedure. The main blade suppose to be snug on the main blade holder.

Andy

My main rotor blades are not turning, everything else works except the main rotor blades and the tail blade isn't turning either. I get a slow blinking red light on the heli's receiver because I turned the transmitter on then the receiver, which is the correct way. The main rotor and tail blades still do not turn. I'm getting a new receiver, disregard what I wrote above.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.