Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Exceed RC Support - Helicopter
Reload this Page >

Help with Raptor G2 50H08

Notices
Exceed RC Support - Helicopter Discuss all Helicopter Support for items purchased or will be purchasing at Exceed RC.

Help with Raptor G2 50H08

Old 10-31-2009, 09:32 PM
G.I.DAVE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with Raptor G2 50H08

Hello all.
First post. I am an experienced RC Plane flyer, and have flown a few bigger choppers before.
My friend came by with an Exceed G2 raptor Model # 50h08 and I was pleasantly suprised at how cool this chopper was. It was crashed, and my friend "put it back together" with part that he ordered.

Problem is, I immidiatly noticed that the pitch of the blades, at rest, are inverted, and seem to point to the ground, instead of slightly angled Leading edge up, scooping the air. Then I noticed that the paddles on the flybar were pointing in the opposite direction of the rotor blades. On top of it, there are linkages, that seemed incorrectly pinched between others.
Bottom line I think it was put together wrong. It seems if Iflipped the flybar, the paddles would be in correct direction, and it might solve the pitch issue.

I DLed a scematic from another post on here, but was wondering if any one can take a few pics or the swash plate and linkages up to the rotors from a working flying G2? It would be very appraciated. Im very sure this was put together wrong, its in real nice shape. It was givin to me with all dip switches to the LEFT, and the bottom three RIGHT, Iswitched the throttle dip switch so it was inverted. Put it on my pool table, and spun it up. Motor, Tail rotor, swashplate, everything moves and works ok, but chopper cannot get off the ground.

Also is there a real good step by step, mabye with pics on just how to adjust blade tracking, and exactly WHICH likages to adjust?

Thanks so much.

Dave
Old 11-03-2009, 09:20 PM
G.I.DAVE

Default RE: Help with Raptor G2 50H08

would it be easier if Iposted pics of what I got? I just need closeup pics of the rotor area with the linkages to the rotors and swash plate.

Any help?

Thanks again
Old 11-04-2009, 08:06 PM
yadac123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think when your buddy put the chopper back together, he installed the blade in the wrong direction. The main rotor blade to spin clockwise when viewed on the top looking down. Please see here: http://www.xheli.com/26exrcg2brrc.html

for the g2, the dip switch should be 2 4 6 7 ON rest are all off.

Andy
Old 11-12-2009, 07:53 PM
G.I.DAVE

AWWW thats GREAT man. Thanks for that link. That exactly what I needed. It appears that the rotor was correct, but the flybar was backwards. thanks so much!
Old 11-13-2009, 05:26 PM
yadac123

Andy
Old 11-13-2009, 09:15 PM
G.I.DAVE

Thanks again Andy.
 I got everything together and it looks great. I was told I can fly this whenever I want if I get it goin so im tryin pretty hard to get it goin right.
 The flybar and linkages from the swashplate were wrong, and the the linkages from the main rotor to the fly bar pitch actuators (dont know what they are called but they pivot on a screw from the fly bar and seem to control rotor pitch) were wrong and pinched so they did not allow travel.
 All is together correct as it seems, but I have it on my pool table in my garage, and I engage the throttle up, the rotor spins up, tail rotor, swash plate and everything moves good except I cannot get any take off at full throttle. I look at the pitch of the blades and it seems to be horozontal to the ground( which I would think it would slighty bite into the air at an upward angle)
 Also I have looked at the manual, and it says that pitch will change around 50% of the throttle. I have disconnected the motor, and throttled it up, and switched to 3D mode, and there is NO movement from the pitch servo. could this be bad? or is there another way to check the pitch to see if it is even functioning?
 Also is there a good indepth pitch adjustment tutorial online or to DL to see if the pitch is even close?

I ahve a feeling that the problem now is that the improper repair, that pinched the rotor connectors has burned out the servo for pitch. what do you think? Can I isolate the pitch servo to see if it works?

Thanks again

Dave
Old 11-19-2009, 08:14 PM
yadac123

Dave,

Do not adjust the throttle curve, instead you should start adjusting the pitch curve. Also you can adjust the pitch servo at the bottom but removing the arm from the servo and reposition it. Doing this will change the pitch mechanically. You pitch should be:

low throttle: 0 degree
center throttle: 5 to 6 degree
High throttle: 8 to 10 degree

Andy
Old 06-21-2010, 12:09 AM
cloudrider

Hello Dave

I flyWalkera Dragonfly 36#B they'er where theRaptor originates from.

To check wether thepitch servois functioning, disconnct and reconnect into channel 5 Gear, and test by using the gear switch (top left toggle switch)

If you need to replace the pitch servo, then the Tower Pro MG90S with metal gears, have good rigid belcranks, I have a full set of four on one of my Dragonflys.

Pitch servo opperation and mode switch:
With the throttle at 50%and you toggelthemode switch between N and 3D the pitch angle should not change, however, with the mode switch in 3D, andyou move the throttle stick up the pitch angle will go positive and when you pull the throttle stick down the pitch angle will go negative. Then with the throttle at zero % , flich the mode switch to normal, and the pitch angle will go to zero.
Make sure the mode switch is in 'N'position prior to energizingyour receiver.

I hope thishelps in some small way

Regards Cloudrider
Old 07-02-2010, 07:52 PM
yadac123

Thanks Cloudrider

Andy