RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Exceed RC Support - Helicopter (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/exceed-rc-support-helicopter-473/)
-   -   Eagle 50? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/exceed-rc-support-helicopter-473/5675567-eagle-50-a.html)

WackoWasko 04-06-2007 04:43 PM

Eagle 50?

Is the Eagle 50 nearly as capable as a Blade CP or Helimax Axe? Is it a good buy? Does it have any "bad traits"?

munimadness 04-07-2007 02:14 PM

RE: Eagle 50?

The Eagle 50 is a nice helicopter, however you may have better luck with a blade cp since in has the same size motor and, for the most part, parts. The difference is the size, the blade cp is lighter, therefore it is more maneuverable, and has better climb performance. I have had problems with the eagle 50s electronics and the motors have died after a couple of hours. The blade cp may cost slightly more, but in the end you will spend less since you will not have to buy replacement parts due to the poor quality, motors and electronics.

robotronski 04-07-2007 07:55 PM

Skip the Eagle 50 and get something else.

Eagle 50 = Walkera 22E with different color scheme, that's it.

You can go to the Electric Helis - Walkera 22E thread and read up a bit there. All those guys have modified the heck out of their helis to make them fly decent. They'll end up spending the same or more than a new guy who buys a Trex 450 to start with.

Keep in mind that most of these ready-to-fly pre-built helis are nowhere near the performance/durability/quality of a heli you build from a set of components.

Buy the heli kit, then buy the servos, buy the motor, gyro etc... And buy the most expensive transmitter You Can Afford, as a good transmitter can do wonders for a pilot/heli. That transmitter will be programable and you can set up the sensitivity of the sticks to your tastes. Also one transmitter can be setup to fly 7 to 12 helis/planes etc... so you can buy a system that can grow with your hobby needs.

And in a crash, that transmitter will be fine so that money spent is safe as long as you dont get mad at the time of the crash and toss the transmitter in the air. [:@]

Sure it costs a lot more but in a crash if you doi total the heli, chances are your radio/gyro/ motor ESC etc... will be OK, then you only need to replace the heli kit. Many crashes can be fixed for under $50 and you'll have a better flying experience with a decent heli.

Trust me, as a newbie pilot who tried a 22E to start out on (my bad choice) and now flys a Trex, its night and day between the two.

Do you have a $ limit you're trying to stay under???

Trex 450SA ARF = $199 (heli only no electronics)

Just want to enlighten you and spare you the dispappointment of buying the Eagle 50.

This is only my opinion of course as it is your money after all.

Good luck to ya'

Robo

yadac123 04-27-2007 03:19 AM

robo, I disagree. Not everyone is mechancally inclinded as you are. I like my eagle 50 and I think it's a great stepping stone.

ORIGINAL: robotronski

Skip the Eagle 50 and get something else.

Eagle 50 = Walkera 22E with different color scheme, that's it.

You can go to the Electric Helis - Walkera 22E thread and read up a bit there. All those guys have modified the heck out of their helis to make them fly decent. They'll end up spending the same or more than a new guy who buys a Trex 450 to start with.

Keep in mind that most of these ready-to-fly pre-built helis are nowhere near the performance/durability/quality of a heli you build from a set of components.

Buy the heli kit, then buy the servos, buy the motor, gyro etc... And buy the most expensive transmitter You Can Afford, as a good transmitter can do wonders for a pilot/heli. That transmitter will be programable and you can set up the sensitivity of the sticks to your tastes. Also one transmitter can be setup to fly 7 to 12 helis/planes etc... so you can buy a system that can grow with your hobby needs.

And in a crash, that transmitter will be fine so that money spent is safe as long as you dont get mad at the time of the crash and toss the transmitter in the air. [:@]

Sure it costs a lot more but in a crash if you doi total the heli, chances are your radio/gyro/ motor ESC etc... will be OK, then you only need to replace the heli kit. Many crashes can be fixed for under $50 and you'll have a better flying experience with a decent heli.

Trust me, as a newbie pilot who tried a 22E to start out on (my bad choice) and now flys a Trex, its night and day between the two.

Do you have a $ limit you're trying to stay under???

Trex 450SA ARF = $199 (heli only no electronics)

Just want to enlighten you and spare you the dispappointment of buying the Eagle 50.

This is only my opinion of course as it is your money after all.

Good luck to ya'

Robo

Heliwreck 07-15-2007 04:41 PM

[&:] I really need help! I got the Eagle 50 and so far I have had no way to fly it, problem is that where I live there are no clubs or instructors nearby whatsoever! [&:]Anyways, I broke 2 sets of main blades and the tube that goes from the main motor to the tail (I do not know the correct name for it, also need help with that...) I need all the help I can get, thank you a lot.[&:][&:][&:]

mrasmm 07-16-2007 07:21 AM

ORIGINAL: Heliwreck

[&:] I really need help! I got the Eagle 50 and so far I have had no way to fly it, problem is that where I live there are no clubs or instructors nearby whatsoever! [&:]Anyways, I broke 2 sets of main blades and the tube that goes from the main motor to the tail (I do not know the correct name for it, also need help with that...) I need all the help I can get, thank you a lot.[&:][&:][&:]

you might try explaining more of what your problem is. For the mean time there is alot of reading on this page about heli's and setup. Your problem is most likely setup. If you don't have good setup, you can't fly well. Especially look at the helicopter guide v17 or whatever that link is. Its a 200+ page manual on everything you need to know about RC helis and getting them setup.
http://www.heli-max.net/mediawiki/index.php/Links

mrasmm 07-16-2007 07:23 AM

BTW I second what robo said. I know that RTF's can be really good for those who are indimidated, but with finless bob's video's on the Trex (I can't mention what website because it's against the rules, PM me or something if you can't find it), all the guess work is taken out of it. He shows you how to build a chopper from the ground up step by step with videos

Heliwreck 07-16-2007 04:51 PM

Thanks mrasmm for the link, I've been reading it and found out some of the problems I have. I haven't been able to fly it yet. After a couple set of blades broken the flybar is slightly bent (bend?) I straight it up as best as I could, and balanced the main blades as best as my knowledge too. Before I crashed it (not real bad but enough to cause damage to the tail boom and the blades) I fixed the tail boom and I am using the damaged blades, I fixed them also as best I could and think they work, but my heli wobles still. The main WEIRDEST thing happened to me after the whole thing is that the main rotor will start by itself like on and off real quick with the throttle all the way down and after I centered the servos...what happens is this...I center the servos, then I start the engine throttle up and when I get the throttle down, is when the on-off thing starts. It is dangerous as you imagine, because I have no control whatsoever to turn it off only by disconnecting the battery. Any thoughts about this? Thanks again!...

Heliwreck 07-16-2007 07:19 PM

[8D]apparently I solved all the problems, I just tried to take off but still couldn't do it...the battery went dead [:o] it is getting dark, I dont think I will be able to try it today again, may be tomorrow if it not rains...I accomplished 3 jumps!!!:D but I am somewhat afraid of wrecking it again...oh well...that is for "the learning experience"

See you all later!

Heliwreck

mrasmm 07-16-2007 08:59 PM

yeah, no prob =)

sounds like you've got it all worked out. PM me with your e-mail and I'll send you a balancing guide.

Lil Ray 01-23-2008 07:45 PM

I have had problems with my eagle 50 main motor dying too, i thought it was just me!

yadac123 01-28-2008 11:18 PM

did you blocked your blades?

ORIGINAL: Lil Ray

I have had problems with my eagle 50 main motor dying too, i thought it was just me!

Lil Ray 01-29-2008 10:11 AM

no, my engine burn up because the very smart person who put the heli together put a sticker over the engine hole that it uses to let in air.

yadac123 01-29-2008 05:19 PM

Thank you for point this out. Yes this will be changed eventually.

Andy

Lil Ray 01-30-2008 09:52 AM

Will Exceed do something about the one's of us that have purchase the eagle 50 already? The least they could do is replace our engine that came with it since it wasn't our fault that it burns out.

yadac123 02-02-2008 09:56 PM

Sure I'll help. the new eagle 50 will have that decal removed to be on the safe side. Let me know your order number so I can help you. Order number would be your order number from one of our online dealer you got your eagle 50. Pm me buddy!

Andy

Lil Ray 02-05-2008 08:38 PM

ok I glad that you are going to help.

Lil Ray 02-06-2008 12:21 PM

just wanted to thank you again, I really like my eagle 50 helicopter. It has been sitting there since the moter burn up. I'm trying to learn how to hover.

Thanks

yadac123 02-06-2008 05:42 PM

welcome

Andy

dallred 02-13-2008 02:58 PM

Iam a newbe to Heli flying.I purchased a Eagle 50 in December and have had nothing but problems, might be the newbe at work. I have had three main rotor motor failures. The first time I tryed to fly the main rotors hit the tail boom and killed the rotors and the motor. Next motor, I was spooling up ready to lift off and the motor quit. The third motor again the tail boom hit, rotors distroyed and the motor. How do you install heat sinks? From what material? How do you make sure that the settings are correct, the manual dose not go into how to check settings. Where may I find this information?

Thanks
David

dallred 02-13-2008 03:02 PM

Hey, I have a Eagle 50 and need your link to find out how to set this thing up. Having much problems.

Thanks
David

Lil Ray 02-13-2008 03:08 PM

what are you trying to setup, the reciever are the heli?

Lil Ray 02-13-2008 03:15 PM

I new at this to but what I had to do was, First don't believe that it is ready to fly out of the box. This is not 100% true. I had to adjust the main rotor head so it would not go to the left, after that i had to balance it at the nose because it did not have enough weight to level it. The main problem that i had was that the my main motor burn out and now my reciever is messed up because of it. Andy from exceed RC has been very helpful to me in trying to get it fixed. The main thing is that you remove the sticker from the main motor because it will lead to problems (I guees you know that by now) anyway how did your rotor hit your tail boom?

dallred 02-13-2008 03:33 PM

Andy

I too have purchased a Eagle 50 from XHeli Order number 307707, Shipping date was January 15th, did not recive until January 25th. I have gone through two main rotor motors and one tail rotor motor without much fligh time just sitting around wating for motors to arrive. If you order from XHeli it takes three to four days for them to ship and three to four days to get the product. I would much appreciate some help. It would also be super nice to have instructions on how to set up the heli to make sure everthing is as the manufacture intends to to be.

Thank
David Allred

dallred 02-13-2008 04:00 PM

Lll Ray

I do not know for sure why the main rotors hit the tail boom. Any suggestions? fHow do you know that your transmitter was damaged?