RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Exceed RC Support - Helicopter (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/exceed-rc-support-helicopter-473/)
-   -   help with set up on G2 (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/exceed-rc-support-helicopter-473/8014207-help-set-up-g2.html)

hrdcoreglf 10-02-2008 10:50 PM

help with set up on G2

Just bought a used Raptor to learn on. What should gyro settings be? The tx throttle is reversed, throttle up-stick down, throttle down-stick up? What are the tx base settings? I got the model with the brushless, and lipo, but it does not want to lift off at full throttle. Do I need to adjust something to get it off the ground? When I hold it in my hand and throttle to half I can feel the blades pushing air downward, as soon as I start to throttle more than half it seems to lose lift. this bird is tail heavy no matter how far forward I move the battery, is there a fix for this problem? Any help on any of these problems would be appreciated.

yadac123 10-03-2008 05:00 PM

RE: help with set up on G2

Make sure the dip switches on the back of the TX is 2,4,6,7 are ON, rest are OFF.

Make sure you pitch setting is 0 for low stick, 5 to 6 degree for center stick, and 9 to 10 high stick.

use a tranining kit.

gyro's left switch should be normal and right switch should be REV.

Andy

hrdcoreglf 10-07-2008 07:53 PM

Thank you very much for the help.

rlyhdz 12-15-2008 05:00 AM

im new in rc heli and qwn a reaptor g2 (stock version ). is there any video tutorial on set, not familiar w/ heli lingo

yadac123 12-17-2008 09:51 PM

http://www.rcdiscuss.com/index.php?topic=132.0

Andy

b2woconnell 04-08-2009 08:04 PM

I have a rapter g2 stock and i cant get the gyro to activate. the led light blinks for 5 sec then turns solid, but i never hear the beep or sound it says it should make., and the blades dont move at all. would apreciate some help. thank u

yadac123 04-09-2009 07:24 PM

The gyro doesn't make any sounds. If your gyro initalized to solid red that means the gyro is working and its in HH mode. Did you connect the servo to the gyro correctly? Can you make sure that servo is good and still working?

Andy

b2woconnell 04-13-2009 01:36 AM

thank u for the help,but i think i need some more help. After the gyro initializes and turns solid red, everything works on the controles,except when i try to throttle up or try to turn the rudder left or right then the light starts blinking, the only control that doesnt work is the throttle. I have the brushed system, was wondering if i might have burnt up motor or speed control? I have bought the brushless motor and speed control but havnt put them in yet. could that cause the problem. I also messed with the switches on the transmitter,#12 when it turned blue-could i have screwed that up,and what can i do to fix it?
Im not a beginer I have 9 difrent helicopters and starting to fly kinda decent, was thinking of buying blade 400 but not sure how hard an ARF helicopter is to put the receiver and trans in?
thank u very much Andy for your help

yadac123 04-14-2009 07:23 PM

It is normal for the light on the gyro to flash when you move the rudder left and right. Did you know the red speed controller has a safety button. To engage the motor, you must press and hold the red button.

put #12 ON, put left dial to 3 o'clock, right dial all the way to the left and stay there. Put dip #12 OFF. This is the optimal setting for the gyro.

Andy

b2woconnell 04-15-2009 11:47 AM

i know that their is a safety button on the speed controler, I press it and red light comes on and stays, but still no motor responce, and the speed controler gets really hot. Can messing with the dip switches cause the motor not to respond? Im goin to put new moter and speed control in see if that works. I just figured with it being new i shouldnt be having this problem. I am very interested in helicopters and only going to buy more of them, so half the fun is trying to understand the problems that can acure and knowing how to fix them. thank u for your help again,very much apreciated.

b2woconnell 04-15-2009 09:28 PM

well i changed out the motor and speed control with the brushless upgrade. I get the initial plug in sounds then it goes to a constant steady beeping, still no motor responce. I figured being brand new it should work with out having to change every thing. This is the worst helicopter ive bought, just want it to work. Please help if possible.

67shelby 04-16-2009 10:55 AM

Hi b2woconnell,

The G2 was my first CCPM as well but I started on a co-ax. This is NOT a good heli to "learn" on. Anyway, that being said I just want to reiterate the points Andy made. You have to do these things in specific order

Turn on the TX w/ throttle all the way down (wait for TX to turn purple)
plug the charged battery to the heli and wait for gyro light to stay solid
press the red switch for a second or two until the red light comes on
slowly adjust the throttle up

If you don't do everything in this order the main rotors will not turn (even though the other servo's will still move the swash plate and tail). Also, if the throttle is on (up) beyond 50% when you initialize the gyro, the ESC will not set and the rotor won't turn

Hope that helps some...

b2woconnell 04-17-2009 11:42 AM

thank u 67shelby,
This is the number nine of the helicopters for me, I have blade cx,cx2, 4 of the blade pro2, blade 400, and this rapter g2. I know the steps on turning on the trans and pluging in the helicopter. None of this works. The guyro initializes and goes solid, but no matter how long i wait the motor still has nothing. I tested the stock motor to see if it works-and it does,just not in the helicopter. Is ther any way that i could have done something to the programing on the throttle stick?
thank u-

Firegooz 04-19-2009 12:14 PM

make sure the tx is in the normal flight mode not 3d

b2woconnell 04-19-2009 01:01 PM

Well i dont know whats wrong with this rapter,I know the start up process,and 3D mode. I cant get the blades to move at all. Finished my Blade400 pnp, flew first time last night. I will say that is a sweet helicopter.