RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Exceed RC Support - Helicopter (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/exceed-rc-support-helicopter-473/)
-   -   Genesis 450pe (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/exceed-rc-support-helicopter-473/8276209-genesis-450pe.html)

pic 12-23-2008 08:41 PM

Genesis 450pe

Howdy folks, I cant find any feed-back on or about this helicopter. I would greatly appreciate your input. Thanx,PIC

busa 2002 12-23-2008 09:12 PM

RE: Genesis 450pe

i have it but crash it and bent main shaft.parts not in at xheli yet.but it is smooth and very stable like t-rex 450v2.i think more run time from being only 1 gear.just like my black hawk.

pic 12-23-2008 09:15 PM

What?

yadac123 01-04-2009 08:52 PM

we have video of this chopper in action. The rotor head is a clone of the trex se v2.

main shaft should be available soon.

Andy

pic 01-04-2009 10:31 PM

Andy, I went to RCU and seen a video of the Blue Ray 450. Is this the video you meant?

Kevo450 04-27-2009 12:23 AM

Its not a bad bird at all. I got one about a month ago.

I pulled out the radio only because I had an extra rx laying around and love my dx7 for these 450's. So I cant say much about the stock radio. but I can say that the buzz about it on the net is great. The rumor is that it is a fully programmable radio. Only that you have to program it with a computer. It could make the 'dail in' period much longer. Unless you bring a laptop to the field with you.

Smooth and stable when set up proper. While I can say that it was mostly flyable right out of the box , I wont say you will be doing tick tocks and inverted autos right out of the box. Tracking was about 1.5 ~ 2 mm off. I only hovered it for about a minute before I landed to make adjustments. But it was 'flyable' .

After a quick 'I have to play with the new toy' session of 2 packs , I did a forced full inspection( more on that latter ) . While everything was done mostly competently , There is evidence of the build being rushed. One example is a ball link that I broke while adjusting it. It looked like the person picked out a shaft that was just a hair too long , and trimmed it with dikes (snip cuter). The result was a shaft and ball link that was held together by LESS then 2 mm of thread.I also had a ball on the swash come out and riped out every link between the swash and the head. No damage besides the few plastic parts on this head. I was just glad I was just spooling up the third pack when it happened, hence the forced part of the 'full inspection' . I had some spares on hand and was able to replace right away. When I looked at the screw threads there was no evidence of any loctite at all.

The bantam servos I got on mine got pulled after the first one striped while I was pulling a ball link off it by hand. Replaced them with Hitec's. I also put a S9257 on the tail. I tried a gy401 , but went back to the stock because after a real good mechanical setup the stock gyro worked fine for my normal flying. ( Hard sport or mild 3d .. My name isnt alan or curtis ).

Now I am perfectly happy with the bird. She flys whenever I have a 3s pack charged.

One major caveat though. The main shaft is NOT trex compatible. I also know of only a single source for this part. Xheli. So you may want to stock up on them when they are in stock. If you do find another source .. PLEASE let me know :-) I always like to have options.

I couldn't recommend this as a first CP heli if you don't have local help. Perhaps as a first 450 , but only if you know your way around a trex type heli of another class.

Overall I feel like the package was a ok value for the money.

I do have a larger esc and some 25c packs waiting. That will go on after her next crash. not that it needs it , I just want to see if I can get some more punch. A buddy borrowed a pack and tacoed it , I accepted the esc as compensation. So its not like I went out of my way to look for an update.

gemello 04-28-2009 02:29 PM

Hi Kevo 450 and all the other friends which they know this helicopter and this radio,
I have just received the genesis 450 pe and I have some problems:
ì1.The small antenna of the smallest second remote receiver is detached as soon as I have touched it and I have lost the the piece of electric wire that is detached.
What do you think if I try to open the receiver and I try to solder an electric wire? And in this case I have to use a specific electric wire?
2. Seeing with the computer the transmitter setting, there are things that seem to me strange and I would like to know what you think about this fact.
Swash Afr: Ch 1 -50; Ch 2 -50; Ch 6 -80
End point Ch 5 120 and 120
Sub trim Ch1 -40, Ch2 +70, Ch4 +60, Ch5 -50, Ch6 +40
Seem to me that instead of regulating the hardware of the helicopter, has been setted only the input of the transmitter with the laptop.
3. Which are the on-line best sellers of spare parts for this heli? In USA? in Canada? In Far East?
4. What are some of the best servos ballraced that I can buy? What are some of the best servos ballraced that I can buy for the tail?
I am in serious problems because I am a beginner, Italian, living in Colombia where I don't find anybody experienced.
Thanks and regards
Gemello

yadac123 04-28-2009 07:05 PM

1. If the secondary antenna is damaged on arrival. I can replace it. I just need your order number. Yes a little soldering will do the trick.

2. Yes this radio doesn't have programming input from the TX itself like the famous DX7. You programming must down on laptop and transfer to TX via USB cable.

3. Xheli.com is the best seller to get replacement parts for this heli. Xheli.com is located in USA.

4. Since you are a beginner I say you are way ahead of yourself for now. You should just pratice alot with simulator and learn to fly this heli before getting into upgrading.

Andy

ORIGINAL: gemello

Hi Kevo 450 and all the other friends which they know this helicopter and this radio,
ì1.The small antenna of the smallest second remote receiver is detached as soon as I have touched it and I have lost the the piece of electric wire that is detached.
What do you think if I try to open the receiver and I try to solder an electric wire? And in this case I have to use a specific electric wire?
2. Seeing with the computer the transmitter setting, there are things that seem to me strange and I would like to know what you think about this fact.
Seem to me that instead of regulating the hardware of the helicopter, has been setted only the input of the transmitter with the laptop.
3. Which are the on-line best sellers of spare parts for this heli? In USA? in Canada? In Far East?
4. What are some of the best servos ballraced that I can buy? What are some of the best servos ballraced that I can buy for the tail?
I am in serious problems because I am a beginner, Italian, living in Colombia where I don't find anybody experienced.
Thanks and regards
Gemello

Kevo450 04-28-2009 08:24 PM

1) Looks like andy will try and get that fixed for you.. If you are impatient and handy with a soldering iron. A LOW wattage iron .. don't try this with grandpa's weller. But you ar the best judge of your fear. Yea .. a wire of the same gauge and length will work. Ill also remind you that this radio is a 2.4ghz and is designed to deal with some interference. Honestly it will be just fine. waiting for andy to get you a replacement. Even more so if your just hovering around close.

2) .. I have no idea about the radio programing .. As I stated above I put in a spektrum .. I am not saying anything bad about it .. in fact I have heard some very good things about it .. Just that I pulled it in so I could use my dx7.

I am not sure I understand the second part of your question. If you are asking how to program the radio at the field. You do need some sort of external computer. Like a laptop .. perhaps a newer smart phone with a true serial port.. PDA such as a palm pilot..
Starting at around page 6 on this thread
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...=967207&page=6
They reverse analyzed the serial port data and wrote new programing software. Thats the same family of radio as the one from the genesis so everything works the same.

After re-reading that second part of your question .. Were you trying to say that you think the sub-trims were too high and that the mechanical setup was done sloppy ??

If that is what you meant .. Yes I agree .. they should have been able to set the heli up with much lower subtrims.
The 80 on chan 6 in the arf is expected due to the 120deg swash .. elevator servo has to move more.
Endpoints at 120 .. I dunno .. I guess someone wanted to see the heli spin very fast... Maybe xheli wants to be know as the shop with the fastest tails ..

3) Well of course andy is going to say xheli .. They put food on his table. I have to tell you the genesis is ALMOST 100% trex compatible. Parts that I know are not are as follows ...

Tail main pully ( silvery thing on top of the main gear ) Some have also called it the one way holder because thats where the one way bearing is ..
Tail belt. With the drive directly on the main gear the belt size isnt the same.
Main shaft. Slightly longer then the trex and no simple mod ( That I know of ) has been found to use a trex shaft.

Everything else can be repaired with align parts from your lhs if need be. But thats expensive. I tend to bunch my orders up if I order online. So as to pay the least shipping per item. xheli does usually have good prices and a very nice flat rate shipping of like 5 bucks or something for whatever parts you order. .. And they are the sole source ( that I know of ) for the parts mentioned above. And yes .. there are times when xheli has gone out of stock on them. I have been lucky and never needed a part while they have been out of stock .. but that may be due to my bulkish type ordering.

4) Well Andy does have a point. I wouldn't really start to worry about updating anything yet. Crash what you got first :-)

But .. I would also recommend taking note of any good sales for the following items. Watch the prices and if you see really good sales .. get em .. then after your next crash try em out ..

Hitech HS-55 or 65's .. the 55's are a direct fit .. the 65s need just a touch of work with a file or a steady hand with a dremel... Great little servos for the cyclic. The 65s are a bit stronger and faster .. but you most likely wouldn't notice. I would advise against the metal gear versions while still crashing ( learning ) and just buying a bunch of gears. Metal gears will just destroy the servo or bend the head .. Plastic gears snap and break and let the head suffer less damage. Gear sets can be found for $1.

For the tail .. I have a futuba s9257 with the stock gyro ..

That sucks that you have no one local ..

check out helifreak

http://www.helifreak.com/index.php

They are another forum I read sometimes .. They have a GREAT beginner section with great videos.

once you get the heli all set up .. A great site for learning is RADDS

http://www.dream-models.com/eco/flying-index.html

if it is going to be possible for you to learn by yourself with this heli .. you will need both of these sites.

Good luck and have fun.

Thanks and regards
Gemello

gemello 04-29-2009 04:05 PM

Hi Kevo450 and Andy,
First of all may thanks for your help and answer. I need your help because after many years of very happy aeromodeling, now this fever of helicopter that I am suffering seems to bring me in a jungle. To send the receiver from Colombia to USA and vice versa it costs the same money if I buy a new receiver and it takes almost 20 days. For this reason I have asked to Wonder Hobby, who sold me the Genesis 450, to sell me 1 spare receiver. But I am still waiting their answer. In the meantime I like to try to repair
this receiver and I will try to solder a wire of the same gauge and length, as your suggestion.. Andy: I really do not understand the reason why is so difficult to buy a spare part. Looking at XHELI, where I am a returning customer, it is out of stock. Wonder Hobby, they have, in their spare parts catalog, this receiver; but seem that they sell it only with a transmitter.
For what that concern the transmitter programming I will try to be more clear and really Andy, as official EXCEEDrc, can help me. I know this type of radio because I have a Black Hawk 450 se RTF that I am flying, crashing, repairing, and flying again, involved in a typical learning cycle. I learned how to program with my laptop this transmitter for a heli and for a plane. Before flying the new Genesis 450 PE RTF, I would like to check all heli's parts and even the transmitter programming. What that I have seen in my laptop seem to me to be strange. Naturally I have also asked to Wonder Hobby if they had programmed by them self the transmitter or if they had sent me the helicopter as they had received it from the builder. But again I am still waiting for the answer.
In the meantime I have two options: 1) try to fly the Genesis 450 as it is. 2) to program from zero the transmitter, according to of the standard parameters that Andy could give me and to check again the hardware of the helicopter before flying it.
Please let me know.
Thanks and best regards
Gemello

yadac123 04-30-2009 06:30 PM

Hi Kevo450 and Andy,
First of all may thanks for your help and answer. I need your help because after many years of very happy aeromodeling, now this fever of helicopter that I am suffering seems to bring me in a jungle. To send the receiver from Colombia to USA and vice versa it costs the same money if I buy a new receiver and it takes almost 20 days. For this reason I have asked to Wonder Hobby, who sold me the Genesis 450, to sell me 1 spare receiver. But I am still waiting their answer. In the meantime I like to try to repair
this receiver and I will try to solder a wire of the same gauge and length, as your suggestion.. Andy: I really do not understand the reason why is so difficult to buy a spare part. Looking at XHELI, where I am a returning customer, it is out of stock. Wonder Hobby, they have, in their spare parts catalog, this receiver; but seem that they sell it only with a transmitter.
For what that concern the transmitter programming I will try to be more clear and really Andy, as official EXCEEDrc, can help me. I know this type of radio because I have a Black Hawk 450 se RTF that I am flying, crashing, repairing, and flying again, involved in a typical learning cycle. I learned how to program with my laptop this transmitter for a heli and for a plane. Before flying the new Genesis 450 PE RTF, I would like to check all heli's parts and even the transmitter programming. What that I have seen in my laptop seem to me to be strange. Naturally I have also asked to Wonder Hobby if they had programmed by them self the transmitter or if they had sent me the helicopter as they had received it from the builder. But again I am still waiting for the answer.
In the meantime I have two options: 1) try to fly the Genesis 450 as it is. 2) to program from zero the transmitter, according to of the standard parameters that Andy could give me and to check again the hardware of the helicopter before flying it.
Please let me know.
Thanks and best regards
Gemello
what's your order number with wonderhobby? I can ask them to simple mail you a secondary receiver unit at no cost to you.

Andy

gemello 04-30-2009 06:55 PM

Hi Andy
Many thanks for your help and interest. My order to Wonder Hobby was yhst-7233766423164-29154. My name is alfredo piccinato, I am talian but I am living in Colombia and this is my address: Alfredo Piccinato - Carrera 5^Sur N. 83-200 - Conjunto residemcial La Florida1 - Casa A2 - IBAGUE' (Tolima) COLOMBIA (South America).
Thanks and regards
alfredo

pic 04-30-2009 07:20 PM

Hey Andy, It's good to see that your willing to help customers. I purchased the same heli but could not get my order issues addressed or fixed.You personally bleww me off twice and now your using a thread that I started to correct someone else's botched order. IRONY!!!!

yadac123 05-06-2009 03:58 PM

ORIGINAL: pic

Hey Andy, It's good to see that your willing to help customers. I purchased the same heli but could not get my order issues addressed or fixed.You personally bleww me off twice and now your using a thread that I started to correct someone else's botched order. IRONY!!!!
How did I blew you off?

Andy

yadac123 05-06-2009 03:59 PM

Sorry I can not send it to colombia but I can send it only to the address on the shipping address on your order.

Andy

Hi Andy
Many thanks for your help and interest. My order to Wonder Hobby was yhst-7233766423164-29154. My name is alfredo piccinato, I am talian but I am living in Colombia and this is my address: Alfredo Piccinato - Carrera 5^Sur N. 83-200 - Conjunto residemcial La Florida1 - Casa A2 - IBAGUE' (Tolima) COLOMBIA (South America).
Thanks and regards
alfredo

gemello 05-06-2009 04:23 PM

Hi Andy,
Thanks a lot for your help. It will be perfect if you can send me the receiver to ABE Cargo Express which is the courier that send me all purchases to my address in Colombia. The address is:
ABE Cargo Express, Inc.
7290 NW 66 St.
Miami, Fl. 33166
Tel: (305) 471-0203
Fax: (305) 471-5886
This is the same address on the shippng address on my order to Wonder Hobby for the Genesis 450.
Thanks and regards
alfredo

Kevo450 05-06-2009 06:51 PM

ORIGINAL: yadac123

How did I blew you off?

Andy

Because HE started this thread .. and it ended up with you sending a part to someone else not him.

I think he feels that his issue was not addressed properly.

pic 05-07-2009 02:34 AM

I'm sure you recall that I was not pleased to have ordered a ready to fly helicopter that I had modify the canopy so it would not bind on the pitch controls.( I had to cut 3/4' notch in te upper faring andtrim 1/4' off the bottom of the canopy just to get it to fit properly.) I had also ordered an EXI case and got a generic one instead.you told me to ship it all back that you would not make it right. When Talked to you the second time to ask if I would be reemburst for the additional shipping charges you would not give me a straight forward answer. I understand that "NITRO" puts the bread on your table and that during the x-mas season your job probubly gets quite hectic,but that is no excuse for not honoring the accepted order of advertised products.

yadac123 05-08-2009 05:36 PM

first of all we only have 1 type of helicopter case and EXI itself is a generic. If you are not happy about the case, yes please send it back and I'll issue a refund and by doing that I'll make it right.

Andy

pic 05-10-2009 03:21 AM

Your add showed a case with EXI silk screened on it. Your heli add says RTF just charge lipo to fly.It said nothing of modifications to the canopy prior to flight.

Kevo450 05-10-2009 04:17 AM

Your add showed a case with EXI silk screened on it. Your heli add says RTF just charge lipo to fly.It said nothing of modifications to the canopy prior to flight.

Ok .. so what would you like the man to do ?

In everything I have read ( and even the one time he did help me ) if you give him a reasonable option that will make you happy , he will do that.

Yes andy may have missread this thread and helped the other guy when it was started by you for simple information. ( Helping customers is good .. I dont see much of a problem with this part )

Yes andy may have dropped the ball with you originally. However , from what I have read here , you are not making it very easy for him to make you happy. Ive re-read this thread a few times and can not think of what you are asking/expecting andy to do.

Figure out what you think will make you happy in regards to what happened. And tell him. As long as its reasonable , more often then not .. ive seen him say ok to most requests.

( A little hint here ... from reading quite a few of andys posts and comments .. He can ship you parts very easy .. refunds are only as a last resort and then all terms are strictly enforced. Cant really blame them for this one. No one likes to give back money ones they have it. )

helifly13 05-10-2009 10:22 PM

Andy
Be patient! The man doesn't know what he wants. Besides he is really unpleasant.
Bye Bye

troythorpe 05-27-2009 12:17 AM

Hi Andy,
Could Iget a complete wiring diagram for the Genesis? My Pitch does not seem to be working right and the rudder control does not work at all. Want to make sure it is wired correctly. -Troy

gemello 05-27-2009 11:39 AM

Hi Andy 

I also need help to set-up the Genesis. The problem for me is not the wiring. The problem is to know the basic parameters to program the transmitter. However, waiting for the receiver that you will send to me, the Genesis is stand-by.  I am now using the first helicopter that I have bought: the Black Hawk 450 SE. I have found a very good solution for practising the hovering, avoiding the usual breakups.  I have replaced the classical training lending gear with 1       hula-hoop of around 62 centimeters of diameters with 2 wood rod in cross. I recommend a lot this solution to my colleagues beginners. 

Best regards 

alfredo 

yadac123 05-27-2009 07:42 PM

here's a very good site for you to understand the setup parameters. http://www.youtube.com/blueray450

Andy

Centrocontrol 07-20-2009 11:48 PM

Andy, I also have an Exi-450 bought in Raidentech. How would be the configuration in my wk-0701 to use it with it? I mean, switch talking? because when I throttle 1/2 way the tail servo came crazy as the pitch increases. So i think there is a Mix under rudder-pitch. Waiting for a positive response. LuisG http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...ades_smile.gif

yadac123 07-22-2009 08:53 PM

It's really hard to program the WK 701 to EXI because you can not see it. I don't recommend this. Anyways, it's dip siwtch #12, flip that one ON and you should set the right dial all the way left to turn off rudder mixing.

Andy

the_law_man01 01-12-2012 08:12 PM

Hey everyone,

Not wanting to hijack your thread pic but I have a question for Andy.

My buddy ordered a Genesis from an online dealer last year sometime. When he received the package, the box had moisture on it as if it was sitting in a moist storage area for quite a while. The box also had a boot print on it as if someone had stepped on it. The main shaft and tail shaft were bent. The Heli never flew right from the beginning (I am a witness to this) not even after he replaced the main and tail shafts. Now he has purchased new gyro, servos, DX8, and other various parts due to a crash from all the problems.

Is there anything you can do for him as far as customer service is concerned? He bought a $200 or $300 (however much it was) RTF heli and has spent several hours and hundreds more dollars trying to get it to fly.

He's just about lost all hope and is ready to stop trying. I convinced him to give the customer service a chance to make it right.

Thanks,

TLM

PS: I can get him on here if you need me to.

the_law_man01 01-16-2012 10:07 PM

So, I guess that's a "No"?

Thanks