Community
Search
Notices
Exceed RC Support - Nitro Cars Discuss all Nitro Car Support for items purchased or will be purchasing at Exceed RC.

Engine won't start

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 07:17 AM
Matt.radich

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine won't start

I had gotten an exceed nitro truck for my birthday, which was two days ago. I got it to start, but I was really stupid and I didn't turn on the transmitter or receiver, so the thing just went full throttle without me ever breaking it in. Did I just wreck the engine, it sounds like it is turning over, but it won't run. I tested all the controls and they all work, the steering and the throttle, just not the engine.

I had charged the glow plug igniter, but the glow plug didn't get hot. Is it the glow plug or the igniter itself? I am extremely new to nitro so any help you have would be great
Old 09-13-2012, 02:12 PM
davidgp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Engine won't start

It's most likely the glow plug. I doubt you did any real engine damage, depending on how long it ran. Get a new glow plug, make sure it glows, then install it and have fun.

Old 09-21-2012, 05:25 PM
JohnP2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Engine won't start

The reason it went full speed is probably because you knocked the carb open (easy to do with those rotorary carb arms). Having the rx/tx turned off should not have opened it up.

Make sure that it is closed up before starting. Also, I agree - try a new glow plug.