Community
Search
Notices
Exceed RC Support - Nitro Cars Discuss all Nitro Car Support for items purchased or will be purchasing at Exceed RC.

Welcome Exceed RC

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 08:33 PM
dominicevans

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Welcome Exceed RC

hello....do u guys think the traxxas 2.8" wheels(like on the jato) will fit on my exceed nitro buggy?
Old 11-20-2007, 08:52 PM
pede_187

I think they are both 12mm hex so they should.
Old 11-20-2007, 08:56 PM
dominicevans

kk cuz they look cooler to me..think i'm goin to buy sum
Old 11-20-2007, 08:57 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: dominicevans

hello....do u guys think the traxxas 2.8" wheels(like on the jato) will fit on my exceed nitro buggy?

they will, make sure they are rears, but it will take alot away from your low end power with bigger rims and tires.
Old 11-22-2007, 06:45 PM
dominicevans

wow wooow dis car is crazy fast faster than i thought wow and it is still sort of rich....I haven't even set the 2 speed and still it super fast
Old 11-23-2007, 09:39 PM
dominicevans

how do i adjust the shocks so that it the underneath doesn't hit the ground when forced is applied and where is the screws to adjust for the 2speed transmission ???
Old 11-23-2007, 09:47 PM
ehroof

i am not sure what shocks you have but you either put the spacers above the spring that came with the car or you adjust the spring with a round nut on the threads on the top of the shock.

there is a grub screw on the 2 speed shifter in front of the spur gears on the trans, you see it from the bottom of the car, its a silver disk in front of the 2 spur gears, there are 2 grub screws, one holds the shifter on the shaft the other adjusts the shift time, you can tell if its hard to move, its the wrong one. be careful not to adjust it too lose other wise the screw will fall out. Clockwise makes it shift at higher rpms and counterclockwise makes it shift at lower rpms. Do 1/2 turns at a time and try.
Old 11-23-2007, 09:49 PM
Macanan

how do i adjust the shocks so that it the underneath doesn't hit the ground when forced is applied and where is the screws to adjust for the 2speed transmission ???
Go here a little over half way down the page someone explains how to do it with pictures
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_42...tm.htm#4207842
Old 11-23-2007, 09:51 PM
dominicevans

ok i will try that 2morrow......oh and i was talking about the ball screw at the top of the shocks, i want to know how to get it into a lower whole
Old 11-24-2007, 11:12 AM
dominicevans

what tool do i loosen the grub screw with??
Old 11-24-2007, 11:47 AM
Macanan

a hex key/allen wrench
Old 11-24-2007, 10:47 PM
ehroof

1.5 i think, its a small one
Old 11-25-2007, 10:59 AM
dominicevans

ok dat didn't really work
and den the screw and the spring came out and i can't get them back in, is the anything else other than spring that should come out it when the screw comes out?
Old 11-25-2007, 12:54 PM
Macanan

You can get a new one from here for $3.50

http://www.clermontmotorsports.com/s...-Clutch/Detail
Old 11-25-2007, 01:36 PM
dominicevans

so once the screw and the spring comes out i can't put them back in?
Old 11-25-2007, 01:47 PM
ehroof

if you can find it, it can, but the ball, then the spring, then the grub screw
Old 11-25-2007, 01:53 PM
dominicevans

yer it was on a stand when it came out...i have all of them but it just isn't screwing in straight...it is getting tight and it is just below flush
Old 11-25-2007, 01:57 PM
ehroof

sounds like its cross threaded, try to put the grub screw in without the spring and ball and see if it goes in easier, if not, then its cross threaded.
Old 11-26-2007, 12:16 PM
dominicevans

i got all of them back in....can i test the shifting on a stand or i have to drive it?
Old 11-26-2007, 01:33 PM
Macanan

I have done it on a stand to see if it worked, just dont leave it wide open, give it full throttle and you should hear it change gears. If you dont hear it change gears then you need to loosen the grub screw a little more.
Old 11-27-2007, 02:33 PM
tokenring

ORIGINAL: westphill24

Hey Im looking into buying a on road car, are exceed electric cars fast atleast over 30mph and are their products durable?

Hey Westphill24!

I bought an Electric RC car from Raidentech in the USA. The one I got was the Exceed Dynamite 1/10 electric truck. Okay, here it is. First of All, Raidentech will lie about the price when it gets to customs if they are shipping across the border. They do this for you so you will save money, but all it does is cause head aches! I called customs and they said that they had about 20 boxes from Raidentech that they were holding because they knew the real value was more than Raidentech had said.

Okay, now it has cleared customs. The Truck is a piece of poo. Every part inside is garbage, and that includes the transmitter (except for the truck chasis). The instructions are a joke to say the least. I charged the battery for the first time for 8-10 hours like they said, and plugged it in. NOTHING! opened it up and it smelt like a burnt rubber tire. I took it in to the local hobby store and they basically laughed at the speed control and transmitter (SP-03020 and SP-03018). They were both blown! How does that happen when the car is pre-built and the only thing the end user does is charge the battery and put it in. You can't even put the battery in wrong. Arrrrrrrrrrr.

I'm not even going to try to let Raidentech even know about this because if you read the privacy policy on both Raidentech and ExceedRC you will see that you are out of luck. You only have 30 days to do RMA's and they don't pay for shipping!

So now I have a sick receiver and speed control unit in the car which will allow me to upgrade the engine if I want later. I would not recommend getting the ExceedRC stuff and would recommend you get something a little bit more, like a Traxxas or something similar.

Aaron

Old 11-28-2007, 02:37 PM
dominicevans

LOL lol I bought a nitro buggy and its great...I don't kno about the electrics but I wouldn't buy one of those at all but the nitros are quite fun
Old 11-28-2007, 04:22 PM
tokenring

LOL lol I bought a nitro buggy and its great...I don't kno about the electrics but I wouldn't buy one of those at all but the nitros are quite fun

so I got the RMA process started at Raidentech. I told them that the speed controller, reciever and transmitter were all broken. I was actually wrong about the shipment costs on RMA's. Raidentech will cover the costs of when you send things back, just make sure to send it a way which allows *tracking*. If they don't get the package, you don't get the replacement.

When I had called about the RMA, I had already purchased a better 75 Mhz transmitter and told them that I didn't care about the transmitter. Since that call to Raidentech I've changed my mind and requested the replacement transmitter too. They said that they would only replace the receiver and speed control (SP-03020 and SP-03018). Whats up with that? Now I don't know if I should put the transmitter in the box, cuz they might not send a that one or a new one back.

Anyway, this truck does look sweet and the local hobby store here said that it was pretty durable and light! I would suggest to anyone that if you want this puppy to really go, upgrade the speed control and change the motor to a 20 or 13 turn motor! You can get each for about $60 CAD

AB
Old 11-28-2007, 04:28 PM
ehroof

or you can go brushless too, redcat has a great deal on them, http://redcatracing.com/parts_search...sp?q=brushless

wow, they are sold out already, they will have some in soon. i have the electric volcano, truck, and i thinks its great, i have the original speed control and reciever in it still, i put a 17 turn motor in it, its supposed to take up to a 13 turn i think!!!
Old 11-28-2007, 04:34 PM
tokenring

ORIGINAL: ehroof

or you can go brushless too, redcat has a great deal on them, http://redcatracing.com/parts_search...sp?q=brushless

wow, they are sold out already, they will have some in soon. i have the electric volcano, truck, and i thinks its great, i have the original speed control and reciever in it still, i put a 17 turn motor in it, its supposed to take up to a 13 turn i think!!!
The motor you have in it now is a 27 though... so at least put the SC to the test and change that 540 stocker!

;-)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.