Community
Search
Notices
Exceed RC Support - Nitro Cars Discuss all Nitro Car Support for items purchased or will be purchasing at Exceed RC.

STARTING OUT

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 08:20 PM
StephenW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STARTING OUT

I'm a noob when it comes to racing but i know pretty much every part on my xtreme rc buggy im getting... Is there anything I should know and/or get before I use it.. I know I'll need gas and a starter kit but what kinds. Also if I'll need anything else please tell me.
Old 07-10-2007, 08:02 AM
ToyDestroyer

Default RE: STARTING OUT

Extra glow plugs never hurt. I haven't burnt mine out yet but when I do I will need to go to the hobby shop since I don't have any on hand. I can't remember off the top of my head what type of fuel I use so maybe someone else will chime in here and give you a hand with that. Spare parts for these things are fairly cheap but shipping can become expensive. When something breaks on my toys I normally order two of that part. That way the next time it breaks I have it on hand. Also I order parts that look like they are easily broken. I am hard on toys and so they break alot. Get a small cheap fishing tackle box and keep your extra parts and equipment in it. When you are out driving you will have everything you need to repair the car on the spot (as long as you have the parts). One last thing I would recomend is a pack of body clips. These are easily lost and spending an hour looking around on the ground for a little clip is never fun. I hope you enjoy your new buggy, let us know how you like it when you get it.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:34 AM
AllAboutFunHobbies

That's good advice. That's what I used to do back in the day. I just have a bigger box now and way way more parts. By the way you do have options where you can buy parts for those cars so you can find better deals or better shipping prices and so on. They are exactally the same as Redcat/Himoto cars so you'll never not be able to find a part someone will have it.
Old 07-10-2007, 03:19 PM
StephenW

thanks for the help guys.. I'll let you know how everything goes when I get it