Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Exceed RC Support - Nitro Cars
Reload this Page >

IS THE EXCEED RC TITAN A GOOD MONSTER TRUCK????

Community
Search
Notices
Exceed RC Support - Nitro Cars Discuss all Nitro Car Support for items purchased or will be purchasing at Exceed RC.

IS THE EXCEED RC TITAN A GOOD MONSTER TRUCK????

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 09:47 PM
paddleking

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IS THE EXCEED RC TITAN A GOOD MONSTER TRUCK????

HI, I WANT TO BUY THE EXCEED RC TITAN, BUT I WANT TO KNOW IF IT'S A GOOD MONSTER TRUCK, IF IT'S FAST, ETC.

THANK YOU FOT YOUR HELP.
Old 08-09-2007, 10:04 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

Default RE: IS THE EXCEED RC TITAN A GOOD MONSTER TRUCK????

Here read this [link=http://allaboutfunhobbies.com/store/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=2_46_66&products_id=62]http://allaboutfunhobbies.com/store/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=2_46_66&products_id=62[/link] Same truck.
Old 08-09-2007, 11:51 PM
derrick05

Dont think youre getting a good deal for the price.The price is equal to the quality and thats giving extra credit.You get what you pay for.[:'(]
Old 08-10-2007, 12:05 AM
paddleking

IS THAT GOOD OR NOT????
Old 08-10-2007, 06:40 AM
{GBI}Harryball

ORIGINAL: paddleking

IS THAT GOOD OR NOT????
YES
Old 08-10-2007, 08:58 AM
ToyDestroyer

I don't have that particular truck but I can say I am happy with my Exceed buggy. Derrick is trying to say that he believes the truck is cheap and so must be junk. Almost everyone here on the Exceed forum will disagree with him. I venture to say he probably bought one and had a problem with it and so decided it was junk. If I am wrong please correct me Derrick. My recommendation is that you go ahaed and buy the truck. I think the Exceed brand of RC vehicles offer a great entry level product at an affordable price. My buggy runs so good that my brother has bought one, my dad is to order one tonight, and my neighbor (who has alot of high end RC racing trucks) has asked me to give him a link so that he can also order one (he wants something to beat around and he won't have to worry about costly repairs). Parts are cheap and help is easy to find. I say go ahaed and buy one.
Old 08-10-2007, 12:05 PM
{GBI}Harryball

ORIGINAL: ToyDestroyer

I don't have that particular truck but I can say I am happy with my Exceed buggy. Derrick is trying to say that he believes the truck is cheap and so must be junk. Almost everyone here on the Exceed forum will disagree with him. I venture to say he probably bought one and had a problem with it and so decided it was junk. If I am wrong please correct me Derrick. My recommendation is that you go ahaed and buy the truck. I think the Exceed brand of RC vehicles offer a great entry level product at an affordable price. My buggy runs so good that my brother has bought one, my dad is to order one tonight, and my neighbor (who has alot of high end RC racing trucks) has asked me to give him a link so that he can also order one (he wants something to beat around and he won't have to worry about costly repairs). Parts are cheap and help is easy to find. I say go ahaed and buy one.
Very well put
Old 08-10-2007, 09:39 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

Not for nothing, but something to consider is that Redcat has a lifetime Engine Warrenty exchange program and a 30 day no questions ask radio warrenty and they are the same exact cars, but with much bigger engines. But like Toydestroyer said you get a great bang for your buck from these vehicles and the price is right for a begginer to start out in the hobby with out dropping $600 for it to end up on a shelf because of costlly repairs.
Old 08-11-2007, 11:55 AM
TitenX

I am buying one it will be here in 3 days just wonder if anyone has video of the Titan truck if so please email
[email protected] would be cool to see what i'm buying
Old 08-11-2007, 12:06 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

Same as the Earthquake except the earthquake has a much bigger engine. check it out: [link=http://media.putfile.com/Earthquake-running-on-the-track]http://media.putfile.com/Earthquake-running-on-the-track[/link]
Old 11-18-2008, 07:39 PM
jtiffany78

I bought one about a year ago now and I'll say the truck itself is awesome. It's got power, it's fast and can take a tumble pretty well. Here's what I'm having problems with:
No hobby shop in the northwest on their shops list (Washington, Montana, Idaho) carries them or has even heard of them and majority of the numbers listed on the Exceed RC website are disconnected. (Call them and prove me wrong please) Which makes getting parts quickly difficult. I've been told to stock up on a bunch of parts, but that's so vague because I don't know what parts are common to breakage. I might as well buy a second truck just for parts if that 's the case.
Also when I call them the phone is always busy for a while, then when it rings nobody picks up. I just keep annoying them until someone picks up. Usually about 6 pm Pacific time when they close is the only time I really have luck, and just let it keep ringing. Eventually someone will be pissed off enough to answer.
I think If I were to do it again, I would look around my local hobby shops, see what they carry and find one of those online. Like I said the truck is awesome, but the support is really frustrating.
Old 11-20-2008, 09:37 PM
SAVAGEJIM

Ask Andy here on this very same Exceed forum. He can hook you up with links to order parts for your RC, afterall, that is why he is here: to provide support.

Another good tip is to hit up the Himoto and RedCat forums and find out what their version of the Titan is called. The reason being is because it is the very same truck and you can buy the very same pat you need to fic your truck from even Himoto and RedCat. All you have to know is what Himoto and Redcat calls the Titan and their parts will fit the Exceed 100%.
Old 11-21-2008, 01:05 AM
mattbeginner123

EXCEED NITRO CARS SUCKKKK. THERE CHEAP CHINESE BADLY MADE JUNK...!!!!!!! THEY BREAK EASY AND THEY JUST SUCK!!!!!>>!!!!>>!!!!!!!! I BOUGHT ONE AND I TOOK IT OUT OF BOX, I START IT AND IT RUNS GOOD FOR 10MINUTES OR SO, THEN I HEAR CLUNKING NOISES. ****ING FIRE IS COMING OUT OF MUFLER AND ITS STARTING TO MELT. IT GOING WILD AND IT CRASHES INTO A BUSH IN WICH THEN I GET MY HOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THERE SIMPLY JUST CHINESE JUNK!!!!!!!!!! (WELL WHAT DO U EXPECT, ITS MADE IN CHINA![>:][>:][>:])
Old 11-21-2008, 07:59 PM
yadac123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

right you must be also talking about redcat racing and himoto and hispeed.

Andy
ORIGINAL: mattbeginner123

EXCEED NITRO CARS SUCKKKK. THERE CHEAP CHINESE BADLY MADE JUNK...!!!!!!! THEY BREAK EASY AND THEY JUST SUCK!!!!!>>!!!!>>!!!!!!!! I BOUGHT ONE AND I TOOK IT OUT OF BOX, I START IT AND IT RUNS GOOD FOR 10MINUTES OR SO, THEN I HEAR CLUNKING NOISES. ****ING FIRE IS COMING OUT OF MUFLER AND ITS STARTING TO MELT. IT GOING WILD AND IT CRASHES INTO A BUSH IN WICH THEN I GET MY HOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THERE SIMPLY JUST CHINESE JUNK!!!!!!!!!! (WELL WHAT DO U EXPECT, ITS MADE IN CHINA![>:][>:][>:])
Old 11-22-2008, 02:14 AM
jpilkinton

ORIGINAL: yadac123

right you must be also talking about redcat racing and himoto and hispeed.

Andy
Looks to me he said Exceed.... If you see the name Himoto in that post there, please point it out. Cause I don't see them names.... Hmmmmmm
Wait a minute! I do see Himoto in there..

HIMOTO NITRO CARS KICK BUTT. THERE ARE QUALITY MADE....!!!!!!! THEY START EASY AND THEY JUST FLY!!!!!>>!!!!>>!!!!!!!! I BOUGHT ONE AND I TOOK IT OUT OF BOX, I START IT AND IT RUNS LIKE A SCALDED DOG FOR 10MINUTES OR SO, THEN I HEAR POLICE SIRENS. ****ING POLICE IS ON MY CAR'S TAIL COMING OUT OF A TURN AND MY TIRES STARTING TO MELT FROM THE SPEED. I'M GOING WILD AND THE POLICE CRASHES INTO A BUSH IN WHICH THEN I DO A U-TURN PAST THE POLICE AND MAKE IT HOME SAFELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THERE SIMPLY JUST FAST RC CARS!!!!!!!!!! (WELL WHAT DO U EXPECT, ITS MADE BY HIMOTO!)
I couldn't resist!
Old 11-22-2008, 06:09 PM
chevyderek72

noob
Old 11-23-2008, 01:40 AM
jpilkinton

ORIGINAL: tihstae

noob
I agree. All cars will break eventually. I have nothing against Exceed. I don't own one(yet!)but that Razor buggy looks kick *****. It must be the color scheme(green & chrome) of the buggy that I like the most.
If they had a 1/10 scale with that same color scheme, I would probably snag it in a heartbeat.
Correction.... they do!
Old 11-24-2008, 12:07 AM
chevyderek72

The thing is that someone who doesnt know what they are doing is going to do it wrong. they might start the car up for the first time and go do full throttle runs and keep it too lean and do noon things. if they didnt know what they were doing for whatever reason because of their own fault that doesnt have anything ot do with the company. if you keep your car at 1 turn out and do full throttle passes then its not exceeds fault that i broke my engine.
Old 11-24-2008, 03:33 AM
yadac123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

obviously he made that comment with a purpose. LOL

I have no intention of trying to give redcat, himoto, hispeed a bad name but I'm simply pointing out the fact that they are also make in china as well. Just because they are made in china therefore it's junk?

Andy
Old 03-19-2010, 03:37 AM
Nitro Killer Dave

I just bought a used titan, and tried to start it. Couldn't! I know I must be doing something! I turned on the remote, turned on the truck, put half tank in, hooked up glow plug, put finger over exaust , cranked it a few times, took finger off, cranked more, and more, etc. Sounded like it wanted to start, but it wouldn't.  Can anyone help? I also need to know what all the switches mean on remote? I'm new, and this is my first rc nitro. THANKS