Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Air filter

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Air filter

I dont know if this is bad for the airfilter (or engine)
    The airfilter after 2 tanks for fuel it is so dirty i can pull gobs of dirt off of it
    is that bad
    (after one tank it is... well half that)
    Who ever said \"It never Changes it just gets better\" Is a lire!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Air filter

just clean it with warm water and i use soap to get the dirt out and make sure theirs no more soap in the air filter and then dry it make sure its fully dry and then put some air filter oil its gonna get dirty when u go off road or on road but make sure u clean it after ur done
    CLERMONTHOBBY/CLERMONTMOTORSPORTS

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Could you please tell me the proper way to use air filter oil? Basically, how much do you use?
    Thanks

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

you clean and dry the air filter, i use dish washing liquid like dawn, it cleans the foam good, then i dry it off good and put a decent amount of oil on the filter and kneed it into the filter, it should be a light shade of the color of the oil. not very wet but damp to the touch, if you use too much it will attract all the dust and dirt. if you dont want to get oil all over your hand, after you put the oil on the filter, put it in a plastic bag and kneed it in the bag, then take it out when your done.
    125 characters and 2 lines is not enough to list my RC obsession!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

if you are on a budget, you can get away with cleaning air filters and reusing them.

But if you have a higher quality engine than OEM, as recommended per manual, you should always replace the foam element. When washing filters, they deplete. As they deplete more and more, your filter becomes inefficient compared to the day you first used it. Purpose of the air filter is of course to keep dirt out. A depleted air filter is bad news to your engine.
    There are only 10 types of people in this world: those that understand binary, and those that don\'\'t.
    AMA: 722748

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

is ther any way to make your own air filter???
    They call me \"butthead\".......

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

not really, your better off buying one, motor saver is one of the best

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Kemo

if you are on a budget, you can get away with cleaning air filters and reusing them.

But if you have a higher quality engine than OEM, as recommended per manual, you should always replace the foam element. When washing filters, they deplete. As they deplete more and more, your filter becomes inefficient compared to the day you first used it. Purpose of the air filter is of course to keep dirt out. A depleted air filter is bad news to your engine.

i have never heard of anyone throwing away an air filter element because it was dirty. LOL

Yes actually there is, if you can find some fine foam air filter replacement cartriges for a Lawn mower, you can make your own single tripple and quad stage air filters. Just be sure to use AIr filter oil like always.
    Dealer for..Redcat, Traxxas, Associated, Cen, Racers Edge, RD Logic, Losi, HPI, E-flight, Himoto, Venom, Heli-Max, O.S...etc

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Just get some vet wrap and wrap your filter. They wont get dirty like that anymore
    Cen truggy, Bigfoot 1/5th, Cen buggy, Mg16, Redcat Earthquake, Redcat Drifter

What is vet wrap?
    Dealer for..Redcat, Traxxas, Associated, Cen, Racers Edge, RD Logic, Losi, HPI, E-flight, Himoto, Venom, Heli-Max, O.S...etc

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

is an ace type bandage used for horsed and animals, it comes in rolls. its breathable, you wrap your filter with it, when it gets dirty you just take it off and put more on. so a search on google for vet wrap, most pharmacy's carry it for people. 3m makes it i think.

http://www.amazon.com/Gifted-Horse-T.../dp/B0002V47L0

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

We get it at tractor supply. Almost every car that runs down here in the sand, uses it. I will show you a pic of my car with it on there.

Ya I know what your talking about now. That's an excellent idea. That would be great for the fine dirt here in Texas. I might need to run to the tractor supply and get a roll.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

wrap it around twice, and pinch the end. After every time running it, rip it off and replace. Filter will stay like new. Works great.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I race motocross and for my dirtbike filters i use No Toil. To clean the filter its just a powder but it will get the filter as clean as it came the first day in about 10 seconds. Its the best working stuff ive ever seen. Then i just use No Toil spray. i just spray it on all sides, put in a plastic bag and mix it in. Keeps every spec of dirt out.