Community
Search
Notices
Exceed RC Support - Nitro Cars Discuss all Nitro Car Support for items purchased or will be purchasing at Exceed RC.

nitro rcx good or bad??????

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 10:57 PM
Kacy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: nitro rcx good or bad??????

ITs more annoying that they lie to help sell their products rather than just do what they are lying about.When my friend bought this truck in vegas he asked the guy if he would be able to get parts for it locally and the guy told him yes and also charged him 340.00 for it,so he is really pissed with it right now that he cant get parts locally and they dont sell the spur gear by itself.
Old 11-09-2007, 03:56 AM
rctoyhouse

The parts for these trucks are relatively inexpensive if you spend a few minute searching for it. Shipping is also relatively cheap.
Old 12-05-2007, 03:44 PM
sharib0816

how do you get in contact wtih these people? I have tried for the past 9 business days to call them and or email them. I am currently on hold with them for 45 min as we speak. No one answers the phone when you call the 800 number. How does anyone get in contact wtih them ???????I have an order in with them that I need for xmas and it is back ordered to ship today.. they state on their website to call if the order is time sensitive but no one answers, I was on hold for someone to pick up the phone for an hr yesterday then I had to leave work.
Old 12-31-2007, 11:20 PM
beasty1970

hello all, i bought a mustang electric truggy, by exceed, from nitro rcx, for my son and i, for christmas. now that all the info is out there i have some questions and some comments. first off, i received one of the cars broken. i fixed the one with pieces from my car so my son could get his for christmas i called for the replacement piece instead of sending the whole car in. i have yet to receive the piece and it is going on two weeks. so that is pissing me off. i also called exceed to get the piece and it also is taking them forever. i have not been able to drive my car for almost two weeks. how is a guy suppose to get better at driving his car when he can not drive it. its really pissing me off. now for the questions: before taking my car apart for the sake of my sons, i put in a epic 27t stock motor. i have a 18tooth pinion gear. i ran the car for a bit and the motor got very hot. thats when the car would move forward without a jerking motion. my questions are: is my esc wrong gor the motor. it is the stock esc in the mustang. or is the spur gear wrong. what is causing the jerking motion. and i am getting more rpms in reverse than in forward. whats up with that. any help would be GREATLY appreciated. thanks in advance.

Chris
Old 12-31-2007, 11:25 PM
Macanan

From what iv been reading on here is that it is the battery. let me get another look.
Old 12-31-2007, 11:34 PM
Macanan

Okay I went 3 pages back and found this

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_6807735/tm.htm
theres more on back but would take some searching.
Old 01-01-2008, 02:07 AM
beasty1970

thanks for getting back to me. i have tried a 3000maH battery and the results are the same. why would i gety more rpms in reverse than in forward? are the leads soldered on backwards on the motor? would it hurt it if i switched leads? could it be the stock esc? it is listed for 13t or up? should i upgrade that/ i do not want to spend the money on new esc if i do not need to
Old 01-01-2008, 02:09 AM
beasty1970

is the epic 27t motor a better motor than the stock can motor the car came with? as you can tell i am new to the rc thing and need the advice from people who have the real experience instead of advice from people who want my money more than wanting to help me.

chris
Old 01-01-2008, 02:23 AM
Macanan

I did buy a 3D remote Helicopter from them and my motor fried the first two weeks, so I called them up and they sent me a new motor with no questions asked. But if I where you I would upgrade the motor from another company, a brushless motor.
Check ebay for them you will find them cheaper

http://search.ebay.com/brushless-motor
Old 01-01-2008, 03:02 AM
Macanan

Ok did some more searching for you, here at this part of the forum this guy shows a video of a motor..
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_67...tm.htm#6788595

check the video out.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=8WZIz9wI9lY

Now the motor there talking about is on ebay it's a 3300kv motor
http://search.ebay.com/search/search...p=1%26fsoo%3D1
Old 01-01-2008, 12:57 PM
zeen420
Banned

ORIGINAL: Kacy

ITs more annoying that they lie to help sell their products rather than just do what they are lying about.When my friend bought this truck in vegas he asked the guy if he would be able to get parts for it locally and the guy told him yes and also charged him 340.00 for it,so he is really pissed with it right now that he cant get parts locally and they dont sell the spur gear by itself.
any part for a "brand name" will be just as much, and ya just gotta have patience right now untill parts come to your LHS
Old 01-02-2008, 11:28 PM
legohead6

i just got my titan 1/8th truck from them and so far its great! got 2 tanks through it breaking it in and its put up with all ive thrown at it..
Old 01-25-2008, 01:37 PM
DustyDoug

ORIGINAL: ehroof

i was gonna say the same thing but figured this is an exceed forum, by the way, is anyone from exceed here ever?
I have had a couple of problems with Exceed. They have a good website and the cars are good for the money.

I will go to Red Cat next time, they provide good support it seems and someone will actually answer the phone!

I did finally through this forum find somboby to take care of me but the process was painful!!!!

There are a LOT of people here that have had little or no support fron Exceed.

Red Cat claims to have better components in the cars than exceed for the same cost.

Good luck!

Dusty
Old 01-25-2008, 04:46 PM
yadac123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Exceed RC is a newly developed brand and things are changing as we speak. I'm Andy and I'm here to help any RCU members who purchased products from exceed rc dealers.

Thanks
Old 01-25-2008, 09:20 PM
5lagd

Personally i have nothing but good things to say aboutn Exceed and Nitrorcx. Bought my 1/10 Nitro extreme forza buggy from them. Shipping was i think 5 or 6business days to Canada. Buggy works awesome. The only problem i have had was a broken front lower arem but that is a curbs fault not theirs or their engineering of their cars. I will recommend them from my experience. But thats only me. So take it for what you will.
Don
Old 01-26-2008, 07:31 PM
smokestack04

If you have a issue talk to yadac123. Dont waste time calling the company. He will do what he says and take care of ya. Made me happy Glad that he is here
Old 02-01-2008, 11:32 AM
nr7286

nitrocrx are alright overall. I ordered a 1/8 exceed rc buggy and it is great, but I figured I would order some replacement parts right away. So I ordered some replacement tires under the "spare parts" section and when I got them they were huge truck tires. I looked on the exceed rc website and the part numbers they have for the tires/wheels are different. So I would personally order parts from the exceed website rather than nitrocrx. I tried emailing them about it but just got some dumb automated responses. I dont care that much cuz I am only out like 10 bucks, but just wanted to pass the word
Old 02-01-2008, 02:01 PM
yadac123

Wouldn't that be seller's problem? He can get parts at www.nitrorcx.com

Thanks
Andy
ORIGINAL: Kacy

Old 02-05-2008, 12:37 AM
nr7286

I love my exceed 1/8 razor. super quick, started right up, easy to tune. Its my first nitro car and its great. would reccommend it

nate
Old 02-05-2008, 03:45 PM
MikitsuBizunizu

Well, I know this is kinda off topic. A lot of places have bad reputations because one or two people spread around their bad experience. TheSnowman for example (I've seen his copied and pasted "Experience" everywhere.)

One person can ruin a perfectly good business. If someone has a good experience, they'll tell 1 person, if it's bad, they'll tell 10.

That's the power of word of mouth.
Old 02-24-2008, 11:03 AM
jaye27

hey im new to the RC world. And i jst bought me a 1/10 NITRO ON-ROAD 4WD ON ROAD LAMBORGHINI. jus want to know is it a good car.
Old 02-24-2008, 11:41 AM
ehroof

i have the redcat lightning, its a great handling car and pretty durable, i dont know if thats exactly the same, i know the redcats have a few upgraded parts like electrics and engines and stuff, here is a video of my lightning:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=gN1ytns1c4o
Old 08-27-2009, 05:09 PM
g2cool_43

DO NOT ORDER FROM NITRO RCX!!!!! THEY DONT SEND YOU WHAT THEY ADVERTISE! Worst customer service ever! Seriously.

Check this page out first.... http://www.nitrorcx.com/tanx1nigassc.html.

Pretty sweet right. Its the CEN Talon for only 159?!! Awesome! The perfect beginner car and for cheap. Seems like this is a site offering a good deal right? WRONG.

Instead they send you the Fun Factor. Yea, thats right the Fun Factor. Great car too - but not the TALON.

You might say "well..... the picture is of the FunFactor..." and ill agree with you. But then look at the specs.... Yea thats right. THESPECS, the things that really matter, are for the Talon - the fuel tank, the engine etc.

So you think, well this must just be an old picture since the specs are right. WRONG - you give them your hard earned money and than they give you something you didnt want. Actually its illegal what they do - its called False Advertising. Thats right, they dont send you the Talon they send you the Fun Factor. One more time, the page says Talon, you get the Fun Factor. OK Im not going crazy here...

You know what else isfunny - when you actually receive the car,they even pasted a picture of the car over the name of the car on the box, so you dont realize you didnt get the Talon when the car arrives. What the F?!!!!!! Its all cut out from a larger poster - totally unprofessional.

So fine maybe they made a mistake. So I get on their chat support. I start explaining the problem. And then something wierd happens. As I explain the problem the support guy starts asking me questions like "whats other differences are there besides the fuel tank size?" Im like what?!!! What do you mean? He says "What other differences?" I say "Isnt that enough to show I have the wrong car, not the Talon" then he says "Lots of our users think they got the wrong car and then we explain to them they got the right car". Then I started realizing this is a scam...
I say "Are you kidding me?" "You know about these differences, and you still call it the Talon?!!" At this point he offers to refund the car if I will send it back to them.

OK so lets recap.
1) See the Talon on a website for cheap
2) Get car and its not Talon ;(
3) Figure its a mistake :|
4) Company tells me its the Talon and offers to refund it >(

At this point Im raging. Violent thoughts are swirling through my head...How can they do this? really how can they get away with this? So of course I want to send it back, and spend my money on a Kyosho or something similar even if its more expensive. but guess what they wont pay for shipping. Nor will they refund any part of the shipping or handling.

This is a racket and should be exposed. Do not patronize this site. Its all a scam.

Well there's my 2 cents on this wack site.

However, nitro rc cars still are fun as heck!!
Old 12-16-2009, 08:41 PM
ROC3119

hey i got my truggy and its broke now i cant get the part its been OUT OF STOCK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 FOr two weeks this is crazy i get a broke car and i cant get the parts for it
Old 12-16-2009, 08:56 PM
mc4798
My Feedback: (8)

I havnt had any problems with them. I bought a madspeed and have been able to buy all of the Carbon fiber parts just fine.

I would try contacting Andy on Rcdiscuss.com

Whitch buggy do you have ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.