Community
Search
Notices
Exceed RC Support - Nitro Cars Discuss all Nitro Car Support for items purchased or will be purchasing at Exceed RC.

nitro rcx good or bad??????

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 04:42 PM
danamotocross

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nitro rcx good or bad??????

hey everybody sorry to bother u again but im finally going to have enough money to buy the extreme buggy from nitrorcx.com. do u guys know if they are a reliable seller?
Old 09-06-2007, 04:55 PM
Cam_132

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: nitro rcx good or bad??????

ya there ok but they will take a wile ... i live in canada and i ordered it from them and it toke a week to get my order through and a week to get it hear...
but they may take your money and in a week saw you order was lost... then they will not refund your money... some times they do that... but for the most part is they are ok seller... buy from radintech.com that is ware i got mine
Old 09-06-2007, 06:04 PM
BackYardRacer

you can order from grandhobby.com. i ordered my infinity truck there and it came fast and the exact day they said it would. The prices are real great too.
Old 09-07-2007, 08:07 AM
ToyDestroyer

I would caution you that I had problems with shipping through Raidentech.com. I ordered some stuff from them and paid to have it shipped 2nd day UPS and they sent it through the U.S. Postal service. They then refused to refund my shipping costs. Eventually I got half my shipping costs back but it still took almost 2 weeks for me to get my stuff. I have no ecperience with nitrorcx so I can't comment on them.
Old 09-07-2007, 04:54 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

Did you check out Redcat Racing Website. They are the exact same cars with a different name, plus redcat has a larger dealer base, 30 day warrenty on the radio system and life time warrenty exchange program for the engines.
Old 09-07-2007, 04:58 PM
ehroof

i was gonna say the same thing but figured this is an exceed forum, by the way, is anyone from exceed here ever?
Old 09-07-2007, 05:43 PM
StephenW

i haven an exceed and im here but im not a
dealer
Old 09-07-2007, 08:27 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

ORIGINAL: ehroof

i was gonna say the same thing but figured this is an exceed forum, by the way, is anyone from exceed here ever?

No never.
Old 09-10-2007, 12:53 AM
tankracer65

Hey I run an Exceed and I'm here
Old 09-10-2007, 02:28 PM
BackYardRacer

i think they mean exceed dealers.
Old 09-10-2007, 08:37 PM
ehroof

not just a dealer, i meant anyone from exceed, i figured since its an exceed forum, someone from exceed would be here once in a while
Old 09-10-2007, 09:41 PM
str8.krooked

Just working my way through some threads, and thought I'd chime in...

I received my Exceed RC Infinity Truck today. This truck is actually called and HSP Tyrannasaurus. I believe the basic setup for the engine and transmission are the same for all of the types of cars that Exceed (HSP) sells. I broke it in and drove the hell out of it. I cartweeled it a couple of times...I slammed it straight into a curb (on accident, OOPS)...It will drive up a curb at a slight angle...I drove it though shin high grass, and it handled all of it. I have to say that for the price...I AM COMPLETELY IMPRESSED!!! I would recommend this truck to any beginners (like me). I would also recommend ordering a couple of extra gears just in case because so far no hobby shops have heard of this truck, so parts are only available on the internet. I'll probably get used to the speed, but this thing must be hitting 40 or so MPH...maybe more. Before I even started it, I put a 16 tooth HPI clutch bell in it (thanks ehroof), and so far that is my only upgrade. Here is the website that I ordered my truck from...

www.raidentech.com

I did not have a bad experience with these guys. They even shipped me a replacement because somehow I stripped one of the differential gears before I even broke it in. All the product that I've ordered from them has arrived on time. I don't have too much experience as I am a beginner, but from beginner to beginner I would recommend the cars on this site. I was slightly turned off by the super low price because I though I was going to buy a peice of junk, but so far so good.
Old 09-17-2007, 05:00 PM
pinky2252ss
Banned

no exceed is japanese and there people if you call them barleey know english, i dont think that they would join this forum and they havent so ya
Old 10-12-2007, 08:59 PM
git-r-dun-49

I bought the infinity 1/10th scale nitro truck & it was no hassle to get. You can buy from other sites but will pay more for it. Buy it directly from the manufacturer....www.nitrorcx.com... The prices are better buying direct from them. They support all that they sell with many hop ups. The bad is that you will have to buy your parts from them since no other rc shops have even heard of them or support their stuff.

I am very happy with my truck, it is very fast & is basically the same as an hsp... You can even buy it with a money order as I did & they only ship with ups only. My shipping charge was only $12.18 to my door with tracking to boot & took 7 days to arrive to my door. The .18 japan motor has a replacement program saving you $$$$ plus to buy a new .18 motor costs only $60! The parts are listed along with the vehicle you bought or want to buy. You can't so far buy replacement parts for the motors like piston, sleeve etc but most of those parts with any other motor will cost you as much. It is easier to just buy the new motor for $60.

they carry many other models from 1/16th,10th, 1/8th scale, electric, nitro, planes, helicopters etc & support all of it through the nitrorcx website. I saved money buying directly through them & plan on buying more. Since the parts have to be ordered, I was planning on taking a survey from others in my area(Spokane wa) to see if there is a market to open a local parts supply of my own & many of the other internet rc sites since no other shops around support their products. Worth a shot since many people are buying them from the internet & even ebay. Seems that the internet has a booming business on cheap rc products but is not supported by local shops. hmmmm market idea?
Old 10-12-2007, 10:58 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

Actually they are the exact same cars as Redcat/Exceed/Himoto and some others. THey are all manufactured by Hi Speed Toys in China.

You can get parts or even the cars from:

[link=http://www.allaboutfunhobbies.com]www.allaboutfunhobbies.com[/link]

[link=http://www.clermontmotorsports.com]www.clermontmotorsports.com[/link]

and about 10 dozen other Hobby dealers.
Old 10-13-2007, 08:46 AM
ehroof

from what i understand, exceedrc.com, raidentech.com and nitrorcx.com are the same company
Old 10-14-2007, 02:29 PM
jerryboy111

i've done 2 purchases the last month from nitrorcx and i would give them 4.5/5 star. their cars are actually very good if you kno what you're doing. me, i've been running rc for over 30 years so i kno wha's good or bad
Old 10-18-2007, 01:57 PM
msdawg22

I purchased a Truggy and Monster Truck from Nitrorcx last week and got them both in one box about 4 days later. I have been really impressed, I paid under $100 a piece and they run just as good as some of my high dollar cars. They are very similar to the HPI and Traxxas truggies and trucks. I added a grave digger body to the monster truck and it looks great.

nitrorcx.com is definitely the place to buy them. They are the cheapest of all the sites I have seen listed in this thread.
Old 10-28-2007, 10:20 AM
5lagd

i ordered an exceed rc from nitro rcx. i live in ontario canada dn placed the order on a wed or thurs. i got it the following friday. not to bad since it was shipped out of california.
Old 10-28-2007, 10:25 AM
5lagd

i have had my buggie (eceed-rc) for a few days, and only raced it on the street so far. be carefull cause the speed you get out of them is CRAZY. WATCH OUT FOR CURBS. for around $200.00 well worth the money.
Old 10-29-2007, 04:53 PM
Kacy

The one my friend bought is the infinity.It seems to be quick,but he tripped out a spur gear and we cant find anyone to answer the phone for some questions we have.Oh and btw the way we ahve called a dozen hobby shops that are supposed dealers of theirs and none have heard of them.
Old 10-29-2007, 05:58 PM
ehroof

they seem to post alot of shops that never heard of them, my lhs is on their list and they didnt know or hear of it.
Old 10-29-2007, 05:59 PM
ehroof

you can get the parts in 2 or 3 days from: clermontmotorsports.com or redcatracing.com the infinity is the same as the volcano
Old 10-29-2007, 08:44 PM
mattbeginner123

Does anybody know if the bazooka razor is any good because lots of people say its cheap and useless...
Old 10-29-2007, 10:07 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

All the Redcat, Exceed, HSP and Himoto cars are the same for the most part, they are all good cars for the money. The Bazooka is a great car. Don't listen to them. There narrow minded and short sighted. It's a shame they can't shut up and open they're eyes to see what is right in front of them. The two guys that do our product reviews have taken the cars they have out to tracks and whooped up on some of the big boys. My team racer down here in Garland runs the Team VTX Truggy(simlaire to the Redcat Monsoon) With an STS 28 and whoopps up on the guys running Ofnas with $4 and 500 dollar novarossi engines. It' not about the car it's about the driver. All cars have there little quirks all brands have there one or two problems. For the Money and the best bang for the buck any of the HSP cars(Redcat, Exceed, Himoto) are all great cars.

You can get parts for them or the cars from

[link=http://allaboutfunhobbies.com/store/catalog/]All About Fun Hobbies & Games[/link]

[link=http://www.clermontmotorsport.com]Clermont Hobbies[/link]

[link=http://www.redcatracing.com]Redcat Racing[/link]

I think Rclynx, but I'm not sure what his website address is, ya might PM him on the Redcat forum and ask.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.