Community
Search
Notices
Exceed RC Support - Nitro Cars Discuss all Nitro Car Support for items purchased or will be purchasing at Exceed RC.

is exceed rc good????....

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 06:12 PM
mattbeginner123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is exceed rc good????....

is the razor a good buggy? http://www.raidentech.com/18scnipoexra.html
Old 10-29-2007, 06:54 PM
BackYardRacer

Default RE: is exceed rc good????....

i have no clue, but forget that, the a redcat hurricane!!! i can just tell from the pictures that the redcat hurricane has better parts on it. Especially the motor and tuned alluminum pipe
Old 10-29-2007, 06:59 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

better servo's too, higher quality, better engine, sh.28 and the sh tuned pipe, chrome
Old 10-30-2007, 10:15 AM
{GBI}Harryball

Yea the hurricane is much better. Give these a look http://allaboutfunhobbies.com/store/.../cPath/2_48_69 They ship to canada.
Old 11-07-2007, 07:50 PM
cen123

Looks something like the redcat 1/8 buggy. The redcat hurricane would prob be better.
Old 11-07-2007, 08:16 PM
Macanan

ORIGINAL: mattbeginner123

same buggy $30.00 cheaper

http://www.nitrorcx.com/cheap-price-...d-gas-car.html
Old 11-07-2007, 08:46 PM
Chubbysdad
My Feedback: (1)

just remember support and parts are a big thing.
Old 11-07-2007, 08:53 PM
Macanan

ORIGINAL: Macanan

ORIGINAL: mattbeginner123

same buggy $30.00 cheaper

http://www.nitrorcx.com/cheap-price-...d-gas-car.html
You know something weird these 2 web sight's are different with different prices but they come from the same company and i meen the same one, they have the same address in there about us tab's.
Old 11-07-2007, 10:34 PM
ehroof

they are the same company,

the redcats are a better since they come with an sh .28 engine, chrome tuned pipe, better (higher torque) servo's and a few other subtle differences. not bashing exceed, just pointing out the differences, not to mention, redcat has a much larger dealer base.

i get all my parts from clermontmotorsports.com and redcatracing.com
Old 11-07-2007, 11:57 PM
Macanan

ORIGINAL: Clermont Hobby

just remember support and parts are a big thing.
Yeah out of ALL the searches I have done, this is the best support sight I will order my parts, of what I can get for my buggy from, www.clermontmotorsports.com prices are good.
Old 11-08-2007, 09:42 AM
Macanan

Where on your guy's sight can I find Aluminum upgrades for the Xtreme Fire Green 2-Speed 4WD Nitro Gas 1:10 .18 motor ?
Old 11-16-2008, 03:51 PM
bouledegum

Not the best but for the price it will keep you running for a long time
they are kind of weak around the frame area they bend but don t brake
also all spares parts are cheap and easy to get
I have 2 of them and they are lots of fun
Old 11-16-2008, 05:54 PM
jpilkinton

That is a nice looking buggy. I like the greenish color. Much better than yellow and/or red...
Old 11-16-2008, 07:59 PM
markie321

nothing exceed makes is worth do do unless ou rebuid it right out of the box junk
Old 11-18-2008, 06:38 PM
yadac123

if that is true then redcat and himoto brand are the same as well since they all come from the same assembly line.

Andy
ORIGINAL: markie321

nothing exceed makes is worth do do unless ou rebuid it right out of the box junk
Old 11-18-2008, 06:51 PM
joeyhatch11

I've heard alot of good and bad about Exceed Rc's. Bad stuff mostly about there electronics. But like everyone says, you can't beat the price. And for that reason I'm going to give them a try. I'm going to get the Forza buggy, plus the spare parts are super cheap. I pay those cost for my 1/18's. The only thing I'm going to do from the start is dump my Futaba electronics in her and make sure I put a failsafe on her too, dont need any runaways. For those of you that have an Exceed ride, how has it been treating you so far? Really interested to hear whats going on. Thanks, Joe
Old 11-18-2008, 08:28 PM
Evil Ernie

Well, aside from forgetting the transmitter was on the front bumper of my jeep when I pulled out of the driveway (smash! D'oh!!!), and a few trans gears, and a steering servo, and a few manufacturer issues, it's been great!!!! Thankfully, it seems to really like Trinity Monster HP fiel, but threw up on the Top Fuel from Traxxas. We've had good luck with them so far and so have our friends. I'll be buying a Battalion in a couple weeks for my son, and a Forza this spring.
Still tho, it don't beat my T-Maxx 3.3!!!!!!!!!! LOL
Old 11-18-2008, 09:30 PM
chevyderek72

I have two infinity's and a buggy, i love them. ive never had a problem with them that wasnt my fault. some people just dont know what they are doing and rush and break things, thats not the manufacturers fault. i will say some people get lemons, very very rare lemons, but thats with all rc's. many people on here have top brands and they break things, and sometimes more than they break the exceeds. so dont judge on someone elses experience, get one and see how you like it, then judge if it was worth it
Old 11-19-2008, 06:50 AM
joeyhatch11

Hey Evil Erine, I had a T-Maxx 2.5R at one point and ran that truck into the ground. It was a ton of fun but also cost ALOT to fix when I broke stuff. At least with an Exceed I'll be saving money when it comes to buying spares. Haha I'm going to give the buggy a try and then probably get the truggy after Christmas. Thanks guys for the responces, it really helped in my decision making.
Old 11-20-2008, 08:50 PM
RR Mods

Absolutly Horrid[X(]Dont waste your coin.Save up a little more coin and opt. for a OFNA.Way better all the way around.Nothing But problems with these low end buggys[]
Old 11-20-2008, 09:05 PM
SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: tihstae

I have two infinity's and a buggy, i love them. ive never had a problem with them that wasnt my fault. some people just dont know what they are doing and rush and break things, thats not the manufacturers fault. i will say some people get lemons, very very rare lemons, but thats with all rc's. many people on here have top brands and they break things, and sometimes more than they break the exceeds. so dont judge on someone elses experience, get one and see how you like it, then judge if it was worth it
That is so true. Pushing you RC beyond its limit is totally in the control of the driver. So you bring up a great point: The driver is absolutely responsible for knowing the limits of his RC. Some RCs can take more hits and are more robust so they can take hits and not break. Others are not as robust and it is totally the responsibility of the driver to know these limits. If one RC can make a 15ft air jump and land on all 4s without breaking, that's great. But if that same driver pics up another RC and tries the exact same jump with another that is not durable enough to take that same landing, it is totally his fault for breaking that RC.

My point is: Know the limits of your RC and do not push them unless you are willing to have an RC laid up while you wait a few days or a week for spare parts to come in.

EDIT: However, I say he should ask for others' experiences. That is always the wise thing to do on ANY RC. By seeing what experiences others have, he is making an informed decision, and if he chooses a particular RC, he learns which spares to stock up on since others experiences show that a particular screw falls out alot or a given piece breaks alot or a simple mod will fix a common problem.
Old 11-20-2008, 09:23 PM
Evil Ernie

I found the parts for the T-Maxx 3.3 not at all that expensive. Yes, parts do cost more than Exceed, but when you add in the shipping costs and downtime, the price comes out almost equal. Thats my main gripe with Exceed, Himoto, and Red Cat: I can't get the parts at a LHS. I have to wait a week at least(even for 2nd day) for the parts to get here. With the Traxxas, I drive 15 minutes, and I have the parts installed within 2 hours of breaking them.
My neighbor lost a fight to a mailbox (jumped into it at about 40 mph) and literally tore the left front off the truck. New control arms, carrier, pins, bulkhead, bellcrank, shocks, and bumper. The only thing to survive was the wheel and axle. All cost him $60 to fix. Not too awful bad for a catastrophic hit. He crashed at noon and I had him running by 3 pm.
Exceed is a great truck for beginners. I've bashed the hell out of mine and it's survived pretty well! I'll be getting a Battalion for myself this spring.
Old 11-21-2008, 02:42 PM
firebird78

sorry your having trouble getting parts...yeah I would complain to if it took a week or more to get parts...I dont know who your ordering from, but if I order on say sunday I usually have my parts if not thursday but friday...my local lhs (if you want to call it local) is 120 miles one way away from me ( so with the real world I cannot up and run and get parts during the week,and thats if they even would have them in stock).. so ordering my parts online isnt much of a big deal to me...usually I only run on the weekends anyway...and vary vary rarely have I broke parts that i didnt have on hand (I have gotten to know my rc;s and know which parts are more apt to break with the hard bashing I do and keep extras on hand) and placed an order for replacemnts and not have them in enuff time to install them so I can run the next weekend...I'm thinking your slow tun around is were your ordering from and not the rc company
Old 11-21-2008, 05:47 PM
joeyhatch11

Hey FireBird I'm the same way. My LHS sucks AS$. There prices are crazy enough to laugh at. I've been ordering online for years now and I've found which places offer better turn around times. At the same time I can now call Ebay my friend. I've saved SO much money on there over the years. When it comes to these Exceed's, where do you order from? This brand is new to me and I dont even have the buggy yet but can hardly wait. Thanks for the info, if there are any parts you feel I should stock up on or just have on hand, please let me know. Thanks again, Joe
Old 11-21-2008, 06:41 PM
firebird78

Joe...I do not have any exceed rc's...but alot of the rc's exceed offers are also offered by redcat and himoto...They are the same part in everyway (now I'm not sure but each may have their parts made with a different quality of plastic but I DO NOT know for sure) the part #s are even the same...there is a couple good dealers to get parts from, It's pretty odvious which 2 places I prefer to parts shop but like I said there are a couple good dealers that will give you a good price on parts and get them to you quick fast and in a hurry
If I remember right I think your looking to get a forza buggy...I personally dont own a 1/10th buggy, but going by what I have read and seen here is what I would do and have if I was to purchase one... I would have a couple spare spur gears, and if I stripped one I would reorder right after..I would have a set of lower and upper front arms, a fuel tank, front dog bones (convert all dogbones to cv's if I found some that would fit), basically front end parts..maybe a full set of shocks... I would learn to properly mesh the gears.. also I would take out all the dogbones (if I couldnt convert to cv shafts) and paint them with very bright easy to see paint...then I would use small pieces of fuel tubing between the dog bones and drive cups to take out some of the play...dont get to carried away doing that but it is spose to help keep your dogbones in your rc were they belong

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.