Community
Search
Notices
Exceed RC Support - Nitro Cars Discuss all Nitro Car Support for items purchased or will be purchasing at Exceed RC.

New User To Nitro RC

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 10:46 PM
Macanan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New User To Nitro RC

Hello everyone, I'm new to Nitro Rc's as I posted in the fuel forum, I just ordered this Buggy, http://www.nitrorcx.com/xtfigr24wdni.html is there anything I would need in extra parts for this ? is there any tips or tricks I need to know on breaking a new motor in ? and a question I asked in the fuel part of this forum, how many tanks of fuel will 2 quarts do in this buggy ? because I ordered me 2 quarts when I ordered the buggy.
Old 11-05-2007, 07:11 AM
slbkbullet

Default RE: New User To Nitro RC

congrats. yes there are many parts you are going to need in no paticular order. shock towers, shocks, rims and tires , clutches, glow plugs, batteries, all dogbones they break pop out and bend, 1spd tranny with 1 spd clutch bell housing if you have the 2 spd, you really don't need the 2 spd and it will most likely break by the time you get your buggy tuned and assortment of screws nuts and the like, and any other part that breaks. Unfortunately these cars are fun, but break all the time. also everytime you order a part get extra of that part and another random part that you think you might need in the future. HAVE FUN
Old 11-06-2007, 12:11 AM
AllAboutFunHobbies

ORIGINAL: Macanan

Hello everyone, I'm new to Nitro Rc's as I posted in the fuel forum, I just ordered this Buggy, http://www.nitrorcx.com/xtfigr24wdni.html is there anything I would need in extra parts for this ? is there any tips or tricks I need to know on breaking a new motor in ? and a question I asked in the fuel part of this forum, how many tanks of fuel will 2 quarts do in this buggy ? because I ordered me 2 quarts when I ordered the buggy.

I wouldn't say they are as bad as he says. If you take the appropriate precautions from teh get go, you won't have that many problems. When you get it, go over the whole car and locktight every single metal to metal screw (that's a number one move on any nitro car), take a sliver of fuel line or fish tank tubing and place it in the drive cups at the end of the dog bones (do it on all the drive dogs, that run the wheels), just a small sliver, enough to take up some of the slack so the dog bones aren't flopping around in the drive cups(that's a number two move on any nitro with dog bones), Do a radio check put your batteries in the transmitter and reciever have someone hold the front wheels off the ground and walk away workign the steering and throttle in some sort of sequence that's the same and walk about oh maybe 50 yards away, there should be no twitching, or irratic movement from the servos, if there is then you need to begin walking in towards the car till it stops and that's your radio distance(number three move on all RTRs) it should be farther than 50 yards though no problem. Now once you have done those things, Read and print these:

Quick Start User Guide(it's for Redcat but it doesn't matter they are all the same exact cars anyway):
[link=http://www.redcatracing.com/quickstart.pdf]http://www.redcatracing.com/quickstart.pdf[/link]

Engine Tuning Guide(works on any engine):
[link=http://www.redcatracing.com/tuningyourengine.asp]http://www.redcatracing.com/tuningyourengine.asp[/link]

If you have any more questions let me know.
Old 11-07-2007, 02:06 AM
Macanan

These tanks must be small real small, from what I can tell, this will come with a 75c tank now that makes about 0.079156 of a quart, which would mean a quart will do 12 full tanks. How long will each tank of gas last in one run ?
Whats the best glowplug to get for this .18 CXP motor ?
Thanks a lot for the info as well [8D]
Old 11-07-2007, 07:02 AM
Chubbysdad
My Feedback: (1)

some where around 10 mins or so plus or minus. Here is a good plug for the .18's. http://www.clermontmotorsports.com/s...A3-plug/Detail
Any questions feel free to ask.
Old 11-07-2007, 03:10 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i second the os a3 plug, thats all i run in all my .18's and smaller engines.
Old 11-07-2007, 10:06 PM
5lagd

Be careful when you first try your buggie. when i drove mine for the first time, i didnt have the pull start positioned in the right spot ant i scouldnt control my throttle. so i started slow and then omfg it took off across the road jumped a curb and flipped. lucky only minor damage was done. Be carefull and start slow. if you are not used to driveing these biggies take your time. i was amazed at how fast they will go on pavement. i think around 35-40 miles an hour. have fun.
Old 11-07-2007, 11:18 PM
Macanan

ORIGINAL: ldgasp

Be careful when you first try your buggie. when i drove mine for the first time, i didnt have the pull start positioned in the right spot ant i scouldnt control my throttle. so i started slow and then omfg it took off across the road jumped a curb and flipped. lucky only minor damage was done. Be carefull and start slow. if you are not used to driveing these biggies take your time. i was amazed at how fast they will go on pavement. i think around 35-40 miles an hour. have fun.
From what iv been reading the Buggy I'm getting will do 55 to 60mph, not really sure until I get it and see for myself.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:17 AM
AllAboutFunHobbies

ROTFLMAO, ya that's a shock when they just take off all of a sudden. Imagine my dismay when my Hurricane went full throttle out of control into a brick wall, LOL.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:19 AM
AllAboutFunHobbies

From what iv been reading the Buggy I'm getting will do 55 to 60mph, not really sure until I get it and see for myself.
It's a miss-translation it should day 55-60 KPH it's actually 35-40 MPH. But still believe me it is still CRAZY fast.
Old 11-08-2007, 09:37 AM
Macanan

Do you guys carry Aluminum upgrades for the Xtreme Fire Green 2-Speed 4WD Nitro Gas 1:10 .18cc im getting, like lower arms and all ? if so where would I get it on the sight ?
Old 11-09-2007, 04:39 PM
Macanan

Well I received My 1/10 Forza Exceed-rc .18cc today looks really nice, still waiting on the fuel to come in [].
Old 11-10-2007, 03:30 AM
Macanan

ORIGINAL: AllAboutFunHobbies

I wouldn't say they are as bad as he says. If you take the appropriate precautions from teh get go, you won't have that many problems. When you get it, go over the whole car and locktight every single metal to metal screw (that's a number one move on any nitro car), take a sliver of fuel line or fish tank tubing and place it in the drive cups at the end of the dog bones (do it on all the drive dogs, that run the wheels), just a small sliver, enough to take up some of the slack so the dog bones aren't flopping around in the drive cups(that's a number two move on any nitro with dog bones), Do a radio check put your batteries in the transmitter and reciever have someone hold the front wheels off the ground and walk away workign the steering and throttle in some sort of sequence that's the same and walk about oh maybe 50 yards away, there should be no twitching, or irratic movement from the servos, if there is then you need to begin walking in towards the car till it stops and that's your radio distance(number three move on all RTRs) it should be farther than 50 yards though no problem. Now once you have done those things, Read and print these:

Quick Start User Guide(it's for Redcat but it doesn't matter they are all the same exact cars anyway):
[link=http://www.redcatracing.com/quickstart.pdf]http://www.redcatracing.com/quickstart.pdf[/link]

Engine Tuning Guide(works on any engine):
[link=http://www.redcatracing.com/tuningyourengine.asp]http://www.redcatracing.com/tuningyourengine.asp[/link]

If you have any more questions let me know.
How do I go abouts installing the tubing, I have everything setting right here beside me to do it but I don't know how to ?
Old 11-10-2007, 09:38 AM
AllAboutFunHobbies

You mean the small slivers of fuel line in the drive cups. On your buggy there are upper control arms that are actually canter adjusters or on the lower part of the hub carriers there are pins with E-clips on the ends of them. The easiest way I found is to remove the Eclip from one end of the pin (carefully, they will fly across the room) and push the pin out, that way you can swing the whole hub up and out of the way. Do one axle at a time and just make a small slice of fuel line, make sure the axles are not bound up on the upward travel when you get each axle back together, you only want enough in each drive cup to take up the slack not bind up the axle.
Old 11-10-2007, 09:19 PM
Macanan

Well I drove for over 2 hours today to get some fuel for my Buggy, so I get back and got the motor broke in, and boy does this sucker fly BUT right after I got it broke in I started to get brave and do some jumps, did really well on the dirt hills, then my nephew ask's if he built a ramp if I would jump it from there, I was like okay, so im running it down the road and jump the ramp a few times, did very well landed on all 4's all the time, then I thought lets get some AIR, so I sped the buggy up coming downhill headed straight to the ramp and I hit it to the side and my buggy slammed into the picnic table's leg [sm=red_smile.gif] I seen something come flying off under the table and when I went to look it was the front right shock spring, it snapped the metal rod going into the shock right in half and bent the drive shaft going to the wheel [sm=cry_smile.gif] at least I had a few hours of fun out of it.
Old 11-10-2007, 09:21 PM
ehroof

lol, you should have gotten that on video.
Old 11-10-2007, 09:37 PM
Macanan

Yeah wished I would have to but here is a pic of the damage.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn37728.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	801060   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd92147.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	801061   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh16619.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	801062   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mh20294.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	801063  
Old 11-10-2007, 09:40 PM
ehroof

looks new dogbone and shock
Old 11-10-2007, 10:49 PM
Macanan

Luckaly thats all the damage it did do, but Im not really sure the size of this dog bone in mm. the book that came with my buggy says its 84mm part number 06061 but the measurement is 3 1/4 thats 3.25 inch(es) is 82.550003 millimeter(s).
Old 11-11-2007, 11:30 PM
5lagd

you can order the parts you need from exceedrc.com. ive been checking around and they are very reasonable. i'd clean your car though. looks like you've raced for mor than a few hours. you should keep it spotless.lol
Old 11-12-2007, 12:02 AM
Macanan

How I fixed my shock and rod while waiting on new parts
First off you have to find a bolt small enough to fit inside of the shock with 2 nuts that fit it, one with threads to the bottom of the bolt, second drill a hole in a penny if you dont have the right washer, third find a small piece of metal to bend in half and drill 1 hole in each bend, fourth take apart the shock and drill a hole to the size of your bolt in the bottom of your canister, insert bolt into shock canister threaded part first, put your shock back together, then you put the spring back onto the shock, holding back the spring, screw on one nut then put the penny on it, then put your angled piece of metal that you have drilled and cut on it, then the other nut, and adjust tension with the nuts and tighten them.
This is how we southern boys fix things [sm=bananahead.gif]

Here is the final results
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db85920.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	801998   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ez81308.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	801999   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uz70025.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	802000  
Old 11-12-2007, 12:53 AM
bluecaka69

nice fix bro what ever works until parts arrive LOL
Old 11-12-2007, 07:52 AM
{GBI}Harryball

Yea real nice. Its always fun figuring out how to make these things work with out the right parts.
Old 11-12-2007, 07:51 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

Impressive fix, lol. I like that, it's always cool to see the inginuity of other people, gives you ideas for the future when you might be in the same bind.
Old 11-13-2007, 01:07 PM
robe123

Hi here's my two bits,

Got my Infinity monster truck almost four months ago. Most of that time it has been broken, because I didn't order spare parts at the time of ordering. The truck is very well built and takes an incredable beating. I run it at a friends track with lots of jumps and high bank corners. Will try and get some video soon.

A starter list of spare parts is as follows: dogbone set, get extra wheel drive dogbones. Front and rear hub carriers and related steering components, get extra rears. Main trans gear, get the assembled set to have a spare ready to go. Changing the main gear in the field is hard because the e-clip will get lost. I believe in the plastic main gear vs steal so nothing down the line gets torn out. Get a few extra. Don't forget e-clips, screws and dodads. Spare servo. There's a start.

I now have most everything in my spare parts inventory, but you can bet next time it breaks that will be the one thing I don't have.

Run it till it breaks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.