Notices
Exceed RC Support - Nitro Cars Discuss all Nitro Car Support for items purchased or will be purchasing at Exceed RC.

remote control doesn't work

Old 12-25-2007, 07:12 PM
1speed86

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default remote control doesn't work

Help.
i'm new to the rc world and bought my son an Exceed rc nitro 4wd monster truck.
the truck motor up and running, but i can get the remote to work(won't throttle up, down, wheels don't turn) so i just let the motor idle to ease in its use.
i've turned on the controller, then the receiver as the manual states, but no luck.
i know there's way more talent out there - can anyone help me? thanks.
Old 12-25-2007, 07:30 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

Default RE: remote control doesn't work

Double check that the batteries are in correctally in the reciever battery pack. If they are then check that all the plugs are plugged in. if every thing is plugged in and the lights come on on the transmitter then it's a good chance that the remote or the reciever are bad. You will need to contact Exceed. I don't know if exceed has a warrenty on there radios or not, we only deal with Redcat, which are basically the same cars with some slight differences and Redcat has a 30 day warrenty so I would expect that exceed also has the same warrenty so I would deffinatlly contact them.
Old 12-25-2007, 07:47 PM
1speed86

thank you for the response.
batteries are in and the transmitter's working. i wasn't sure if i was missing anything else whether it was obvious or not. with proper instruction, i'd consider going inside the remote and/or receiver to toggle markers (like in a garage door opener) to make the two correspond, but i don't want to dig in too deep for something that might be easier to exchange.
is it wrong for me to assume this thing would work right out of the box? or did i just grab the wrong box? - very disappointing.
i've got a 14 day return on it. looks like i may have to exercise that option in the next day or two.
Old 12-25-2007, 09:14 PM
pede_187

Check all the wire connections