Notices
Exceed RC Support - Nitro Cars Discuss all Nitro Car Support for items purchased or will be purchasing at Exceed RC.

Who ran recently?

Old 12-26-2007, 04:09 PM
5lagd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who ran recently?

Hey guys,
The weather up here in Ontario Canada has sucked lately. Its like 34 degrees today and it was awesome to get my 1/10 nitro extreme forza on the road today. I hadnt't realized how much the smell of the exhast and the sound of it screaming buy makes me happy . I cant wait, cause i just ordered a redcat tsunami ultra wide WooHoo. Any recent stories, crashes, vidoes or "incidents" lately??? Here is a funny one for you " i was racing down my street with my 1/10 nitro buggy just doing speed passes. It was coming directly at me and i though it was going to go past so i turned my head to the direction i thought it was going to go..............and BANG!!!!!!!!!!!!! the damn this ran right into my foot doing about 30mph. **** that hurts...and the car cartwheeled for like 20 feet. landed on it wheels and kept going. lol
Have a good drive guys.............
Don
Old 12-28-2007, 02:17 AM
nitrorc89

Default RE: Who ran recently?

heres a stroy for you...i had got a new truck and some parts for my old one....i had broke in my new truck and got it all tuned up...i was pretty happy....then it is time to get out the old one...it ran fine when i put it up and it had been sitting for about a month...i start it up run thru the yard...and it start over heating..discovered i had an airleak...it was the bearing behind the flywheel...so i take the motor apart to get a look at the bearing and realize i had a scarred piston and sleeve...so pretty much..my motor is shot...
Old 12-28-2007, 02:25 AM
Macanan

ORIGINAL: nitrorc89

heres a stroy for you...i had got a new truck and some parts for my old one....i had broke in my new truck and got it all tuned up...i was pretty happy....then it is time to get out the old one...it ran fine when i put it up and it had been sitting for about a month...i start it up run thru the yard...and it start over heating..discovered i had an airleak...it was the bearing behind the flywheel...so i take the motor apart to get a look at the bearing and realize i had a scarred piston and sleeve...so pretty much..my motor is shot...
You can buy just the piston and sleeve for about 50 to 70 dollers here on ebay.

http://search.ebay.com/tmaxx-piston-sleeve_W0QQfnuZ1

It will save you about $100.00 or so on a new motor.
Old 12-28-2007, 02:33 AM
nitrorc89

yea i found that...but i figured i could go ahead and save a little bit more money...and just get the motor...i dont really like the trx traxxas puts in there trucks...im tihnking of going with an OS .18 TZ....seem to be good motors with plenty of power..