Notices
Exceed RC Support - Nitro Cars Discuss all Nitro Car Support for items purchased or will be purchasing at Exceed RC.

ENGINE REPLACEMENT FOR INFINITY

Old 01-20-2008, 12:42 PM
tommybrickit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ENGINE REPLACEMENT FOR INFINITY

I have a INFINITY with the .18 CXP engine (I think it's the CXP) it came with the truck, and I'd like to give it more POWER! Juice! GO Fast! ZIP! BURN RUBBER!!! Anyways U get the idea SOOOO, will the vertex .21 engine (redcat) bolt right in with no problems?? Is there any BIGGER options??? Will there be lots of modifications to do??? Thankyou for your advise on this brilliant people........................Tommy
Old 01-20-2008, 12:49 PM
Macanan

Default RE: ENGINE REPLACEMENT FOR INFINITY

One sad thing here is, THERE IS NO SUPPORT But if you go to the redcat forums there will always be someone there to help out. But to answer your question is no it wont bolt up without modification's, like redrill hole's for it to bolt the mounts to.

But here you will find more support, it's the redcat forums.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumid_427/tt.htm
Old 01-20-2008, 12:52 PM
tommybrickit

Thankyou brother, I'm grateful for your help!!!....TOMMY
Old 01-20-2008, 01:33 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get the os cvrx .18, its a direct fit and has a ton of power. the big blocks will take some work to get going not to mention you will need a new clutch bell, clutch and other parts to get it going, redrilling of the chassis. its possible. my buddy rc danny on the redcat forum did it to his volcano and put a hyper 21 8 port in it, its crazy fast and wheelies on demand.
Old 01-21-2008, 06:11 PM
yadac123

Exceed-rc targets beginner car drivers compared to HPI, which cost an arm and leg. Upgrade can be done simply adding a better engine.
Old 10-06-2008, 07:10 PM
hostes

ok yadac its been a while a new hobby track just opened up near me and i need to get my infinitive running. i got a new e starter and i cant get it to start . i think my glow plug has gone bad but idk so i have a question on the plug it lights but at the tip of the coil it doesnt ligt but the rest of it does . does this matter do i need a new plug and what i wrote a while a go about my clutch i got a new shoe and spring but when i turn the bell i can hear a scraping in side the bell and it would nt spin well i filed down the shoe some and its better but i still hear some scraping need help also my bell an the outside it has turned purple like it was warped by heat could it be that the friction from the scraping when if first started it warped the bell thank[:-]s
Old 10-06-2008, 07:11 PM
hostes

sorry wrote this on the wrong forum
Old 10-06-2008, 09:28 PM
yadac123

there is support here my friend. what I don't get is why would you come here and tell everyone there is no support?

Andy