Community
Search
Notices
Exceed RC Support - Nitro Cars Discuss all Nitro Car Support for items purchased or will be purchasing at Exceed RC.

you get what you pay for i guess..

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 07:45 PM
legohead6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default you get what you pay for i guess..

well, since my other post was very rudely removed with no explination i will start again. I have the right to voice a warning about bad products...

Shortly after january i bought a 1/8 titan because it was an afordable solution to my boredem in the winter when i cant fly, break in goes fine, after break in on the third tank my bearings in my diff are toast(they came out of the sockets and got wreaked) and my pull start busted off, so i replaced them, on my 4th tank my steering servo strips out, so i order a new steering servo, then on my 5th tank when i finally have everything good and spend a good hour trying to get the thing running attempting many different needle setting, untill the pull start busts off again, after that i took it inside and at closer look found my needle was all messed up. i have now put more money into this thing then originally bought it for, and the thing still isnt working as it should. i though a remember the box saying ready to go nitro truck, haha.... i guess that was a joke... i get it know.

this is just a warning about the poor quality of these machines.. this is going to be the last time me or anyone i know has any dealings with exceed rc.

Old 03-03-2008, 07:53 PM
slbkbullet

Default RE: you get what you pay for i guess..

yeah i have to agree these things are very addictive, but unfortunately you do get what you pay for and as much money as i have into my piece of crap exceed i could have bought a revo rtr and an associated kit by now, having said that when the piece does work it is fun! But again i would have to agree go with a reputable brand, yeah maybe pay more initially but enjoy the quality for much longer!
Old 03-03-2008, 08:43 PM
StephenW

lol. one thing, when u bought ur new pull start i doubt u bought it from exceed cause they dont sell them. if u broke to pull starts from two dif. companies that means ur pulling to hard. i agree w/ the difs. tho because the rod that the universal cup hooks on is to short so it falls off. or maybe u could use locktight. dont buy exceed servos buy fatabu or something because theres are high quality. u maybe put $80 dollars in to it so it is still cheaper than buying a $500 car that i could break in 2 minutes
Old 03-03-2008, 08:47 PM
legohead6

mhmm its got 2 9252's on it now, i had afew left in my bin luckily, i got the pull cord from one of the companys that deals exceed brand..

its not so much 1 of these probelms, but all happening so close to eachother when the truck is still nearly new is what is so bad, ya parts break, but in the first 5 tanks, replacing half the truck is not right...
Old 03-03-2008, 10:14 PM
yadac123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what's the part number for the dif? front or back? I'll replace the diff. I need order number.

Thanks
Andy
Old 03-03-2008, 10:18 PM
legohead6

bearings have been replaced, its the pull starter again and carb again now.. the needle is falling out, and i cannot get it running correctly...
Old 03-03-2008, 10:23 PM
yadac123

ok there is an Oring in the high speed needle is it still there? I can fix you up with a pull start.

Andy
Old 03-03-2008, 10:27 PM
legohead6

yes o ring is there...
Old 03-03-2008, 10:35 PM
yadac123

make it flush with the collar and 2 turns IN. That's what I have for my engine. the O ring is there to onsorb the viabation. You can get some teflon tapes too.

Let me know.

Andy
Old 03-03-2008, 10:42 PM
legohead6

i tried teflon, its still loose... cant start anything right now though... i tried everything from 2 turns out to 5 turns out before the cord broke....
Old 03-03-2008, 10:51 PM
jumpanddrop

mmhm, i have had problem with the oring to. i think it just need a bigger one b/c mine was ajusting buyitself to. as for quality of these mahines, its ok. my freinds has one of there buggys. i would have to say he dose go though alot more parts than me but he also only payed $200 for it, i payed almost 400 for mine. im shure he is well over 400 with all the parts he has had to replace. i think there ok for someone without alot of money, trying to get into the hobby. .there basicly the same but i perfer redcat over exceed. better parts and support.
Old 03-03-2008, 11:06 PM
yadac123

ok I can help you replace the high end needle screw. what's your order number and I'll issue RMA.

Thanks
Andy
Old 03-03-2008, 11:07 PM
legohead6

order # from the truck itself?
Old 03-03-2008, 11:38 PM
legohead6

yadac youve got a pm
Old 03-03-2008, 11:41 PM
yadac123

got it. I'll send the screw plus a pull start to fix the problem.

Thanks
Andy
ORIGINAL: legohead6

yadac youve got a pm
Old 03-03-2008, 11:42 PM
legohead6

will keep updated when i get the parts...
Old 03-04-2008, 12:41 PM
soppy_84

hey I got a problem...
I got my Exceed Hyperspeed in Feb and everything has been running fine, since I live in Chicago haven't had many chances to get out with it maybe got 10 tanks through... Last Sun we had a break in the weather and it was like 50 degrees out so I went to get my buggy... when I turned on the servo nothing happened so I thought my battery was dead so put some new ones in the buggy... Still nothing is happening no steering no throttle... the last time I ran it everything was working fine even after I cleaned it... can anyone give me some advice on what is going on is this a problem with my servo’s of receiver?? I am getting a little discouraged especially after reading about problems that other people are having with there new cars

Thanks
Another new beee
Old 03-04-2008, 04:31 PM
StephenW

check that all ur crystals are in tight and the batteries in the transmitter. check to make sure the servo wires arent lose where they plug in
Old 03-04-2008, 04:54 PM
soppy_84

I pulled the Crystal and the wires out to make sure that they weren't lose and they seemed fine is there a connector on the servos or are the wires hard wired in????
Old 03-05-2008, 08:23 PM
DustyDoug

Good to see you here Andy, I just boght a 1/8 Truggy, so far so good, except for that parked car I hit!
Thanks for the tip on the slow speed screw, I'm still tuning my truck. It's been a little cold so a bit of a challange.

Another coment, Exceed is almost identical. I have three now and they are good for the buck to get into the fun.

Dusty
Old 03-05-2008, 11:15 PM
yadac123

on your transmitter, there are 2 lights. red and green. please make sure both light are on. If your battery is low you can not get a signal.

when you turn on your car's receiver the servo will center itself. Turn the servo all the way to a side and turn on the receiver.

Andy
ORIGINAL: soppy_84

hey I got a problem...
I got my Exceed Hyperspeed in Feb and everything has been running fine, since I live in Chicago haven't had many chances to get out with it maybe got 10 tanks through... Last Sun we had a break in the weather and it was like 50 degrees out so I went to get my buggy... when I turned on the servo nothing happened so I thought my battery was dead so put some new ones in the buggy... Still nothing is happening no steering no throttle... the last time I ran it everything was working fine even after I cleaned it... can anyone give me some advice on what is going on is this a problem with my servo’s of receiver?? I am getting a little discouraged especially after reading about problems that other people are having with there new cars

Thanks
Another new beee
Old 03-05-2008, 11:19 PM
webbl19

check your on/off switch the wires like to come loose on those or get couroded from water. might check and make sure the plug that the battery case connects to the receiver is on tight mine comes loose everyonce and awhile.
Old 03-06-2008, 01:21 AM
jumpanddrop

ORIGINAL: DustyDoug

Good to see you here Andy, I just boght a 1/8 Truggy, so far so good, except for that parked car I hit!
Thanks for the tip on the slow speed screw, I'm still tuning my truck. It's been a little cold so a bit of a challange.

Another coment, Exceed is almost identical. I have three now and they are good for the buck to get into the fun.

Dusty
i konow they are made on the same platform but i just like the options,warrenty and support the redcats come with. you do pay a little more for them but i think its welll worth it. exceed have great prices tho
Old 03-06-2008, 07:55 PM
brannen25

you know i have avoided jumping into all this but..... i ordered my titan it was shipped the same day i paid for it i got it in A VERY TIMELY manner cali to kentucky isnt overnite a over 21 signature was required i read the book read the redcat break in procedure made the appropriate marks on the flywheel oh did i mention i read all the bs on here after ordering my titan got scared and bought a brand name buggy spent a ton of money on it and its not near as much fun as my titan.then i followed someone elses info on here and ordered the electric start thingy for my titan and have yet to use it i think i will offer it on here for 30 bucks if anyone wants it it is brand new never used never out of the box just to charge the bATTERY. my titan starts on the 2nd or third pull every time doesnt matter if its 65 or 25 degrees. i now have it tuned in and it flies.. did i tear up some parts? yep i hit a car tire and broke an upper a arm but i bought aluminum to replace the uppers on front aluminum uppers and lowers for the rear.. my motor runs about 265 degrees farenheit acording to my ir temp gauge.. are these toys chinese yes probably are they a decent value yes they are can u buy an 1/8 scale truck with all this has to offer for 299 anyewhere else i dont think so.. so if you want to look at the redcat offering at www.rufaster.com i think he gets 303 for his and it has a 28 an fm radio and a couple other upgrades but for the money either product is an excellent choice.. just my .02
Old 03-15-2008, 12:28 AM
legohead6

well, i got the needle and pull start, i went to take the engine out to put the pull start in and the screws are like welded in, i had to undo the engine from the bottom to get it out, then i thought i should do i full engine inspection, glad i did, i pulled the clutch bell and got showered with metal shavings, now im attempting to remove the carb and i cannot get it out, i took the lock screw out, and i can turn the carb sideway untill it hits the head, but cannot for the life of me pull it out, nor can my dad....

whats the secret?!?

this truck is turning ito a majour pain in the arse..

i have the piston, sleve, backplate, and head out already...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.