Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

forza top speed

Hey guys!!!!

Has anyone out there ever clocked a forza with a radar gun? I know it's no Jato 3.3 but I'm curious as to what it's top speed really is. I'm talking about one that's properly tuned with no mods..... strictly stock out of the box. We have this electronic sign by the school that shows your speed as you drive by, I'm actually thinking about running it there. I'm not too sure if it will actually pick up a small 1/10 rc buggy though. I guess it's worth a try. Hope I don't get in trouble with the local police!!! Anyways, let me know guys!!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: forza top speed

i have a single speed conversion in my forza. i actually think its faster than the 2 speed. 2 speeds give me too many problems. here is a vid. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9h_a81f55z0 its an exceed 1/10 nitro extreme forza with a redcat body on it.
    P4d4, Sl4sh & Vaterra Kemora

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I've actually considered the single speed conversion but I just love the way the buggy sounds when it shifts to second. There has to be a simple solution to this recurring problem besides the conversion. After about 20 tanks of nitro I had to replace the female clutch inside the diff box assembly. I think I'm also gonna have to replace the throttle small gear as well. That piece that grabs the clutch when it shifts is starting to show some wear and tear. But I don't mind cuz I kinda like taking things apart and putting it back together... but that's just me.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

If the gear ratio are the same as the redcat 10th scale buggy, then 55 to 60 mph is in reach. They both carry the same nitro engine the new revised VX.18 cxp engine made in Taiwan. They put out 2.1 bhp at 32,000 rpm and the practical rpm are 4000 to 40,000 rpm. Only thing is their is no way to find out the Forzas gear ratio?? the factory does not list that in their add.How ever we did a 100 yard run with my modified Forza time and speed test run with a 10 mph head wind. A little over 5 seconds to run a 100 yards on asphalt and the speed was 62 mph. But like I said a 10 mph head wind didn't help. It started to rain and that was all we could get in for testing. And we have not done any since. Oh less I forget it did 48 mph with stock exhaust system witch is very restrictive. I bough a aluminum polished header from HPI that fit perfect. It is relatively short for top speed enhancement. Then unscrewed the stock muffler and got rid of the restrictive baffle in the back of the muffler then seal the muffler back with high temp silicon. because less I forget you also have to remove the O ring inside where the baffle sit. After the mods the engine really started coming into it's own. And for sure it's still not fully broken in. Sign of a really good engine that will give long service like the high dollar engines do. You will have to rich-en up the two needle settings quite a bit cause the engine will run lean burn the engine up. You will be lucky to get 10 minutes of run time after filling the 75 cc nitro tank. happy motoring hope this helps all the best Arless