Community
Search
Notices
Exceed RC Support - Nitro Cars Discuss all Nitro Car Support for items purchased or will be purchasing at Exceed RC.

2nd gear engine stall

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2012, 08:40 PM
robausti

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2nd gear engine stall

My exceed forza which has not been ran since last summer stalls when it shifts to 2nd gear. The car started right up and ran fine doing moderate speeds. But when I try to run it wide open I hear it click into second gear then the motor stalls any ideas?
Old 05-31-2012, 02:13 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: 2nd gear engine stall

Broken teeth on the second gear? Take off the dual spur assembly and check the one way bearing too. Maybe it's seized?
Old 06-10-2012, 11:42 AM
JohnP2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is it consistent with second gear? Can you drive it as much as you want in first gear?

Old 06-11-2012, 05:49 AM
robausti

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It will run in first gear with no problem and sit with the engine idling fine but as soon as I run it hard and hear it click into second it cuts off. Nothing is stripped or binding, I also noticed that before it shifts and stalls if I let up off the throttle it comes back to life as long as long as it stays in first. Do you think the needles need to be calibrated again to factory specs?. It only sat since last summer beacuse I purchased lipos for my Slash and put the nitro up. I shelved it without the glow plug and used after run oil.
Old 06-11-2012, 04:19 PM
JohnP2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

At this point it sounds like it might be overheating (which was my initial assumption). Before reverting to stock settings, try leaning the engine out (turn the HSN to the right in 1/8 turns).

Do you see muchsmoke coming out of the exhaust? Do you have a temp gaugeso what is the temp the second it cuts off? Do the RMPS increase before it dies....or is it a sudden stop?

Finally, I assume you have the VX 18 (such as the one below)?

I'm confident I can help you keep it running - there are quite a few things to rule out first.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu60793.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	137.0 KB
ID:	1771283