Community
Search
Notices
Exceed RC Support - Nitro Cars Discuss all Nitro Car Support for items purchased or will be purchasing at Exceed RC.

electric start for Exceed Ultra

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 12:30 PM
Team Lotus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default electric start for Exceed Ultra

I have the optional electric starter for my Exceed Ultra 1/10 nitro and the screws came loose the other day and it fell off while I was driving it. Someone else originally installed it and I don't know how it goes back together.
Inside it is a removable large gear that is different on each side; which way does it go in?
Also, which way does the one-way bearing face? It too is different on each side.

When I reinstall it (the starter backplate) I am going to use some blue loctite so that this doesn't happen again.

Any help with an explanation or better yet pictures would be greatly appreciated!
Old 11-03-2008, 01:08 PM
[email protected]

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: electric start for Exceed Ultra

I purchased the electric start also. I noticed that if you tightened the screws the unit would bind. You had to leave the screws loose for it to work, which could be why your's fell off. You may want to think about adding some washers between the electric start body and the engine. The loctite is a good idea also.

The correct bearing installtion is that it should engange the engine when rotated clockwise as looking from the back of the engine. it's only a bearing in one direction as it locks to the shaft when its spun the opposite direction. You can figure it out by looking at which way the engine turns in order for the car to go forward. Rotate the transmission spur gear in the direction for the whels to spin forward, the engine then spins in the opposite direction. The lock-bearing should spin the engine in that direction (clockwise from the back, counter clockwise from the front