Community
Search
Notices
Exceed RC Support - Nitro Cars Discuss all Nitro Car Support for items purchased or will be purchasing at Exceed RC.

Exceed Forza

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 10:18 AM
joeyhatch11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exceed Forza

I'm very interested in getting a Exceed Forza and wanted to know what you guys think about it. I'm going to ask the wife to make it one of my X-mas gifts. Also this web-site has them really cheap, or maybe this price is normal but I've never seen a 1/10 nitro that look this well set-up for that kind of money. Please let me know what you think, thanks guys, Joe

http://www.nitrorcx.com/1scniofbu.html
Old 11-15-2008, 11:17 AM
chevyderek72

Default RE: Exceed Forza

Get it, that was my first truck last christmas and i love it. They are great for beginners, cheap and can take a beating, and if you break something, its a cheap fix, big brands are like at least 3x as expensive. dont listen to anybody and get it. you wont be dissappointed. there is great help on here if you have any problems too
Old 11-15-2008, 12:29 PM
joeyhatch11

Yeah I spent a good part of this morning reading about Exceed products. Seems to be a lot of un-happy customers. I'm not new to RC by any means but I got out of nitro for a while and found 1/18 brushless to be a ton of fun. In one of my RC mags this month I saw Exceed 1/16 nitro's and looked them up on the web. I saw the prices were cheap but didn't find a lot of support as far as spare parts go. Then I saw the 1/10's and couldn't believe the price. Now I'm hooked on getting a new buggy and giving nitro another try. I'm most likely going to get the Forza and wanted to hear some feed back on what you guys are going through.
Old 11-18-2008, 06:43 PM
yadac123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Exceedrc is the best choice for beginner because its cheap price and parts are cheap as well. Why spent so much when you first get into RC? get a single speed buggy and it's easy to maintain.

Andy
ORIGINAL: joeyhatch11

Yeah I spent a good part of this morning reading about Exceed products. Seems to be a lot of un-happy customers. I'm not new to RC by any means but I got out of nitro for a while and found 1/18 brushless to be a ton of fun. In one of my RC mags this month I saw Exceed 1/16 nitro's and looked them up on the web. I saw the prices were cheap but didn't find a lot of support as far as spare parts go. Then I saw the 1/10's and couldn't believe the price. Now I'm hooked on getting a new buggy and giving nitro another try. I'm most likely going to get the Forza and wanted to hear some feed back on what you guys are going through.
Old 11-18-2008, 06:56 PM
joeyhatch11

Hey Andy, have you personaly ran the single speed buggy? I was watching a video on YouTube on one of the single speed Exceed's and it seems plenty fast and like you said less to maintain. For the price of the single speed buggy's, I'm thinking about buying one next paycheck. Hahaha I dont think I can wait for the wife to buy one for Christmas.
Old 11-18-2008, 09:38 PM
chevyderek72

ya you would be good with the beginner buggy. the only difference is that it has the single speed which is easier to maintain and better for offroading, and it has a .16 engine instead of a .18. its not a big deal, you wont see a real big difference in the power. but ya its cheap, durable and super fun haha. i got one last christmas and im hooked, have 3 now
Old 11-19-2008, 06:51 AM
joeyhatch11

Tihstae, you have 3 Exceed's? Which ones?
Old 11-19-2008, 10:24 PM
chevyderek72

well technically two are redcats, they are all 1/10th, but i have a exceed infinity (truck), a volcano s-30 (redcat truck with the upgraded sh engine and tuned pipe and header), and a redcat 2 speed buggy. i also just sold a exceed 2 speed buggy that i had, i got rid of it cause it wasnt good in grass, so the only time i would wanna drive it would be at the track, and i rarely go there cause i not good yet haha. but the buggy is my beater, if someone wants to drive i let them drive that one, so if they mess it up i dont have to worry about it1. but i love them, i havent got to drive them lately very much cause work and i got a gocart haha, so they keep me busy. but i take em out every once in a while at least, run a few tanks. i gotta find someone to run with. which one/s you have?
Old 11-20-2008, 06:51 AM
joeyhatch11

I'm getting the Exceed 1/10 buggy. Probably just the single speed one. Dont really need the 2-speed version because I'm only running out back or out front on the street. But after Christmas I'm thinking about getting either the 1/10 truggy ot the 1/8 Razor. The truggy looks more fun because it has better ground clearance. Right out back of my yard we have these trails that go into the woods and people ride there quads back there. It's pretty open and I run my Brushless Mini-T back there now, ton of fun.
Old 11-22-2008, 05:53 PM
chevyderek72

ya you should get something with some more ground clearance if you could. if it was me i would get the truck, more groung clearance more dampening with the 8 shocks and stuff
Old 11-22-2008, 07:50 PM
joeyhatch11

The wife is getting me the Forza for X-Mas and I think I'm going to give myself the 1/10 truggy or even the truck. Haven't decided yet.
Old 11-30-2008, 09:14 PM
relaxednoma

ive had the forza nitro now for about 8 months or so and absolutely love it. it's continued to run great. I put a set of street tires on some 2.2 bead locks, worked great as well. It;s been on and off road. It's a 2 speed and man when that thing shifts it just totally takes off. I have a header, tuned pipe and some aluminum suspenion pieces as well. Just moved into our first house, pulled out the buggy, and wham 3 people on the street came up to check it out, 2 of them have nitro cars. good times
Old 12-01-2008, 06:45 AM
joeyhatch11

Hey thanks for the reply. Like I keep saying, I can't wait!!!! Good luck with the new house. And thats awsome to hear that your new neighbors have nitro's too. Now you dont have to worry about pissing people off. Hahaha