Notices
Exceed RC Support - Nitro Cars Discuss all Nitro Car Support for items purchased or will be purchasing at Exceed RC.

Exceed RC parts compatibility

Old 12-05-2008, 07:36 PM
gilbertcan2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exceed RC parts compatibility

I just ordered an Exceed-RC 1 Speed NItro Gas .16 Engine buggy. I went to two local RC hobby shops and they were trying to convince me to buy from them instead but the prices are much more inexpensive online and I already ordered it. THen both shops said that they didn't know too much about Exceed and that the parts are probably not compatible with any of the parts they sell. I'm really new to this and my question is which brand are the parts compatible with?

Gilbert
Old 12-06-2008, 04:36 PM
dominicevans

Default RE: Exceed RC parts compatibility

only hsp cars. I am having some problems with mine right about now. I see why the other brands are more expensive! this thing breaks like nothing compared to the mayhem i drive ! but since this is an exceed forum people are gonna be telling you don't listen to me I am just bashing on exceed but guess what? I have one so my opinion counts.You 2 will learn why the other brands cost more, its not because they want to make more profit but its because the parts are better and are put together better.

now your car is compatible with brands such as (himoto syclone, redcat tornado and a few others) but your gonna end up buy all your parts online
your hobby shop might not want to help you because you didn't buy from them or they might be kool about it.IDK

I know it might sound like I am making it sound really bad but its just that I am telling the truth without icing on top like the others here will

( and now the hate replys begin)
Old 12-06-2008, 06:37 PM
yadac123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no one will hate you because your opinion counts. Yes you do get what you paid for compared to top brand like traxx and HPI. Exceed rc tragets beginner drivers who doesn't want to spent an arm and leg when they first get into RC. Exceed's price is reasonable and the quality is comparable.

Andy
Old 12-07-2008, 10:31 AM
joeyhatch11

I dont have my Exceed yet and at the same time I'm not new to Nitro RC. But I do know that Exceed isn't the type of RC that you want to beat the piss out of. It's not ment for that. Like Andy tell's EVERYONE, Exceed is company that helps new comers in the world of rc with a price bracket that for most is hard to pass up. People shouldn't think that because it's cheap in price that it's also going to be cheap in quality. There are Exceed owners on here that stand by there cars/trucks/ and buggies. They dont beat the hell out of them and therefor they last. When I get my buggy, I'm sure there is going to come a time where I'll have my fair share of problems but I wont come on here and rip on Exceed. I know what I'm buying and I know what to expect. If you dont want problems, spend the extra money and get something "better". But let it be known that no matter what brand you turn to, you will always have that time where problems will occur. It's RC people, it's going to happen, like it or not.
Old 12-07-2008, 11:07 AM
relaxednoma

i will say that i have put my buggy through it's paces. on-road in typical suberb cul-de-sac, baseball field, wide open in huge parking lot, baseball field again slid into and through mud, back on trails. Everything from sliding, getting air born to flat out drag racing another nitro r/c.

I have full aluminum suspension arms, header, and tuned pipe. i have broke one thing, left front lower arm, due to avoiding the neighborhood dog. We just had our first snow, so the streets were nice and slick. TOTAL blast!
Old 12-07-2008, 11:24 AM
HJJFFFAA

ORIGINAL: dominicevans

only hsp cars. I am having some problems with mine right about now. I see why the other brands are more expensive! this thing breaks like nothing compared to the mayhem i drive ! but since this is an exceed forum people are gonna be telling you don't listen to me I am just bashing on exceed but guess what? I have one so my opinion counts.You 2 will learn why the other brands cost more, its not because they want to make more profit but its because the parts are better and are put together better.

now your car is compatible with brands such as (himoto syclone, redcat tornado and a few others) but your gonna end up buy all your parts online
your hobby shop might not want to help you because you didn't buy from them or they might be kool about it.IDK

I know it might sound like I am making it sound really bad but its just that I am telling the truth without icing on top like the others here will

+1!
Old 12-07-2008, 11:31 AM
joeyhatch11

Good times!!! Hahahahaha
Old 12-08-2008, 08:07 PM
chevyderek72

ORIGINAL: dominicevans

ok maybe you had problems, but not everyone has and not everybody will. Try to give exact accounts of what happened. because maybe you expected it to jump off a building and not break, well most will break, Ive had several 1/10ths and i love them. they do everything i want and more. i dont jump much, but when i do they do amazing. ive gone to the track a couple time and they did pretty good, given that i cant drive too good yet on it and they are stock tires. Ive had some hits where it thought it would break but it didnt. One day i was cruisin my infinity and i hit something with one of the front tires. didnt break the plastic lower arm, broke the metal pin that hold it. Then i hit again and the plastic broke. So there are so many factors, maybe you did something wrong. but maybe you didnt. they probably wont do exactly the same thing as a savage, but you also didnt pay as much as a savage. So go ahead and spend hundreds of dollars more on a "top brand", but ill save money and do the same thing as you. Like paying 300k for a ferrari, or pay 100k for a corvette thats better in every way.

edit: not trying to hate, just saying there is different strokes for different folks, and if you dont like em thats cool, you have your opinion. but in my opinion i love em and would never buy a top brand.
Old 12-08-2008, 08:48 PM
SAVAGEJIM

That is true that each has his own opinion and experiences. But to say that you will never buy a top brand, I hate to break it to you, that destroys your argument that the top brand owners should buy and try a low brand before passing judgement.

Dom is only giving his perspective of his Exceed and comparing it to how it runs as compared to some of his other RCs. Yes, he still might be biased, but at least he gave it a shot because everyone was saying he should buy & try one before he passes judgement.

To be honest, you too should give another mid- to higher grade brand a try also. You just might be surprised. Yes, I know you have Redcat, but I mean another brand, say O'Donnel or Mugen.
I know, these are most likely out of your budget, but as you grow older (I assume you are still in high school or maybe early college) and get a job that pays okay, when your RC budget expands, give a mid- or high grade RC a try just like how Dom has taken the plunge to give Exceed a try.
Old 12-09-2008, 03:18 PM
dominicevans

ahhh at least someone sees it from my perspective.

no i dont jump my RC's. I tried it once with this buggy and bent a dogbone, no biggy straightened it out and was running again.
I only drive on the street and on parks with friends sometimes

oh ok you will never buy a top brand RC. hmmm ookk that's smart!

btw tihstae how is a corvette better than lets say a Ferrari enzo ? (not trying to go off topic). C'mon the corvette is fast in a very short straight line race but its no match for high end Ferrari ( best stock corvette vs best stock ferrari, don't think so. You are probably thinking of some old ferrari
Old 12-09-2008, 05:09 PM
joeyhatch11

Why buy "top" brand when something like a Exceed or RedCat work for ya? I had a Traxxas T-Maxx that use to break pretty often. Even from simple running in the back yard. I really dont think it's 100% brand quality that's going to make or break a product. I'd say 60% brand 40% user, Maybe 50-50, I'd have to sit on it for a while. Hahahaha 2-Each His Own..............
Old 12-09-2008, 06:15 PM
SAVAGEJIM

Exceed and Redcat are great, especially for getting people into the hobby in a very tight budget. You learn the basics on them, you learn how the controls work and so forth. If you want to stay on a budget, yes they are good for that aspect too, if that is your prerogative to do so.
As Andy said several times, Exceed caters to getting beginners going for a really cheap price. Dozens here in RCU probably started with Exceed or another HSP reseller brand, and many of these folks still run Exceed or other HSP vehicles, especially for guys who wish to remain on that budget.

But if you want to further experience the hobby, always know there are alternative RCs and RC brands out there too. And many do offer great features and can be custom tuned in infinite set-ups based on your style and skill level of driving. And also, the very expensive top grade RCs offer excellent precision and accuracy for racing, that is if you have the skills to put those features to use on the track.

Of course, you can find hop-ups for Exceed,particularly if you look at another HSP reseller. For example, if you want 2-speed, but Exceed only offers 1-speed, you can probably look at Redcat for a tranny that will fit the exceed 100%. And there are about a couple dozen hop-ups you can buy from another HSP reseller.
But when compared to a mid-grade RC, the aftermarket hop-up support goes well beyond a couple dozen options. You can find whole aftermarket companies making hundreds of hop-up parts for just one specific mid-grade RC.

As far as durability, I hate to say the T-Maxx is a poor truck for that. If you went Traxxas, you should have bought a Revo, a way tougher tuck with simple and relatively cheap upgrades. For as weak as the T-Maxx is, you can easily find HSP RCs that are tougher than that truck. The Exceed Tectonic is probably sturdier than the T-Maxx.
Dont get me wrong, the T-Maxx was the innovative RC that brought MTs into mass production. And there are hundreds of die hard T-Maxx fans who would kill me if they saw this post. But lets face it, the T-Maxx is an obsolete design. The newer truck designs are sturdier than T-Maxx, and even the T-Maxx's brother, the Revo, will out-bash it with a set of RPM arms. You really should have bought a Revo instead of a T-Maxx to understand the quality and innovation of Traxxas RCs

Overall, if you want to remain on a tight RC bidget, then yes, Exceed or any other HSP reseller is the way to go. But before you pass judgement on a mid- to high grade RC and say they are not any better than the budget RCs, you should buy and try one and give it an honest chance in bashing, racing, or whatever your RC activities entail.
Old 12-09-2008, 06:16 PM
dominicevans

haha when i say high end I dont mean traxxas lol (revo is a gd racer and the jato is nice)

losi, ofna, sportwerks, hpi (some), hot boddies, mugen, kyosho, ocm and team associated etc

why did you buy a t-maxx ?? should have gone with a revo. It seems to hold up better (only talking from what I've seen with the guys around here)

I am not bashing on exceed or anything just saying they need to start producing there own designs like what himoto is now doing with their mega P and then exceed will move forward with a good rep
Just look at how himoto's name is moving up!

I'm done with this topic...It has become misunderstood and confusing
Old 12-09-2008, 06:43 PM
dominicevans

nice write up savagejim

wait don't I see you in the truggy forums?
Old 12-09-2008, 06:48 PM
SAVAGEJIM

Not really, I am more of a basher. My racing experiences is really being pitman for my friends (I such at racing).

I do hit up all the different brands (Exceed, Redcat, Himoto, CEN, Losi, AE, etc) with a bias at looking for basher trucks and reading up on basher trucks. So, my presence in the truggy or buggy forums (especially racing threads) are limited.
Old 12-09-2008, 07:08 PM
joeyhatch11

I was a big fan of Traxxas when I got back into RC. I had a Rustler, Stampede and then went nitro with the T-Maxx. At the time, the T-maxx was like $360 on TowerHobbies and the Revo was close to $500 for the 3.3. I wasn't going to spend that kind of money. And when you do spend $450-500 on a RC, I would consider that pretty "high" quailty compaired to some other brands that are damn near half price. The T-Maxx held up nice and took quite a beating. I would never say that the T-Maxx is "poor". Motor ran super stong and never had issues with that. Dont know where I'm going with this, But thought I'd let you know that I feel that Traxxas is not crap or poor. Everything I've owned by them held up really well, so I can't complain.
Old 12-09-2008, 07:56 PM
SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: joeyhatch11

...I had a Traxxas T-Maxx that use to break pretty often. Even from simple running in the back yard...
What in particular would break on your T-Maxx? A-Suspension? the chassis plate where the shock towers/diff housings bolted onto?

Also, Which Exceed truck do you have? And which parts on that have broken or given you problems?

What are your typical bashing activities?

I just want to get a comparison of your T-Maxx vs your Exceed.

Old 12-09-2008, 09:14 PM
joeyhatch11

Exceed is wrapped and is a X-mas gift. But it's the .18 buggy. on the T-Maxx i would break shock towers and the stock shocks. But once I upgraded the shock I was good to go. Typical bashing was done on a quad track at a friends farm. 4ft jump, 25ft gap. Took some bad spills but after that a few times, I called it a day. After that I just did a lot of running out back in the yard. The house sits on the edge of the woods where the quad trails start so I use to run back there as well. But never really broke anything. Flipped it once and busted the gas tank. Or stripped a few spur gears. My T-maxx held up pretty nice. But let me tell you this. Both my friend and his father have revo's 2.5R and 3.3 and they would break just as much stuff as I did when we beat the hell out of them. One of us broke something everytime out. So I'm going to say that it's 60% user and 40% RC at that point. Once I get my Exceed up and running, I'll let you know where I stand with that. Im not going to go to the extremes with it like the T-Maxx but I'm sure it'll see some air time. Just going to use it a lot at the high school and out back.
Old 12-10-2008, 03:01 AM
Evil Ernie

We used to have a homemade BMX track and trails (until the town shut it down) and I bashed the living daylights out of my Infinity there. Didn't break a thing. Jumped off of 12 foot tabletops, hi angle jumps where the landing is just a plummet to earth from 15 feet, etc. No problems.
Funny thing is, one can NEVER tell what exactly will break and under what circumstances. I've done more damage doing light cartwheels and barrel rolls in 5 inch grass, than straight drops on hard earth from 15 feet. Go figure. I've seen my friends Infinity faceplant a concrete abuttment at 35 mph at a 45 deg angle and walk away with only scuff marks. I've also seen the same truck run thru grass on a soccer field, hit a lump of whatever, barrel roll twice and rip the entire front end off. Crazy stuff these RC's.

Now my T-Maxx 3.3 is stupid fast (45 mph+) stock, two speed, hi jumper and takes a serious licking. I'm sure I'll do something stupid and hit a fly and the wheels will fall off. One can never tell.
Old 12-10-2008, 10:27 AM
terry14

how good are the exceed RC buggy's do they come stock with aluminum shocks
Old 12-10-2008, 10:30 AM
terry14

can you use traxxas, or hpi parts on the 2 speed .18 buggy's ?
Old 12-10-2008, 12:06 PM
SAVAGEJIM

No, unfortunately not. You might be able to use individual screws and bolts, and if you are creative, you can probably fabricate linkages from Traxxas and HPI linkages.

The only parts that I know that are 100% compatible with Exceed parts are from other HSP reseller brands or directly from HSP themselves. The other major HSP resellers are Redcat and Himoto. For your specific Exceed vehicle, just find out what Redcat and Himoto calls it (it is the same RC, they just call it a different name) and you can find replacement or even optional pats carried by them that Exceed might not have.

Note: If you look at Himoto for possible optional parts, make sure you do not order parts for Himoto's MegaP RCs. The MegaP series are not HSP and therefore not compatible with Exceed or or Redcat RCs.
Old 01-24-2009, 06:28 PM
sharkattack99

i bought an exceed because of the price, i didn't want to spend 600 bucks on somthing that i might break in just seconds cause im a beginner. but my problem is that i can't seem to find very many hop-up parts for my new exceed tectonic monster truck, a lot of web sites just don't carry them and what i do find are just basically spare parts to what already came with my truck. if i wanted upgrade ability, and i do did i choose the wrong brand?
Old 01-24-2009, 06:44 PM
joeyhatch11

You dont want the "hop-up" parts anyway. They are super expensive. Not worth it at all. Just stick with the stock plastics and stock up and what you feel you need. The only thing you want to upgrade are the shock towers. The stocks bend real easy. They offer thicker aluminum one, so get them. Check Nitrorcx.com for hop-ups if you really want them.
Old 01-25-2009, 02:09 PM
sharkattack99

yeah thats were i bought my truck from, i was thinking more along the line of upgrades than anything, they don't have much of a selection on that, are the tectonics to new to have any kind of upgrade?

yeah but i don't know what i need, i suppose i will know when something breaks then i will know, lol

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.