Community
Search
Notices
Exceed RC Support - Nitro Cars Discuss all Nitro Car Support for items purchased or will be purchasing at Exceed RC.

Gear enclosure?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 03:52 PM
mustang1068

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gear enclosure?

Does anyone make some kind of aftermarket drive train enclosure for the exceed electrics?

With the open gears, it seriously limits what types of surfaces you can run on. All it takes is one piece of gravel or some sand and the gears are stripped in seconds.

Took one to the beach the other day and it was great, but I knew I'd be replacing the gears when I got back home.
Old 02-17-2009, 07:15 AM
joeyhatch11

Default RE: Gear enclosure?

Which RC are you running?
Old 02-17-2009, 10:11 AM
mustang1068

I have the 1/10 electrics - Mustang Truggy and Dynamite Truck.
Old 02-17-2009, 12:22 PM
joeyhatch11

Even my 1/10 Exceed HyperSpeed is wide open and I run that thing all day in dirt/mud. I haven't had a problem yet with stuff binding up in there or killing the spur. I dont know what to say about getting or making a guard for it. Would have to see it. I know people were talking about using the tranny from the HPI MT2. Once together it is inclosed for the most part. I think the bottom and one side is open at that point. But a few different parts are needed.
Old 02-17-2009, 04:37 PM
chevyderek72

The electrics are different from the nitro, the spur is at the rear of the car. i would try to rig my own out of lexan, or a soda bottle or something
Old 02-17-2009, 05:22 PM
mustang1068

Sand, Mulch, and Gravel are the real killers. Don't know how a big chunk always manages to get stuck right between the spur and pinion, but it does.

I'll see if I can rig something up - I suppose even if it isn't perfect, should be better than nothing.

Thinking of getting an HPI Brama - says it has all sealed drive train.

RTR Brama 10B - Off Road action anywhere

Based on the always-tough E10 chassis, the Brama 10B is ready for some serious off-road action! It was designed from the ground up to be tough, and it has full-time 4WD for maximum traction, long suspension arms and oil-filled shocks for great handling, plus a sweet buggy body and a massive rear wing for cool custom looks. With a sealed shaft drivetrain and pinion/spur combo, you won't have to deal with rocks or anything else getting stuck and slowing you down! You can keep the hammer down and power out of any trouble you might get yourself into. The spiked tires front and rear will just keep going and going, biting and clawing through dirt, grass or mud! Completely pre-built and painted, the Brama 10B is fitted with reliable HPI radio gear and a powerful motor to get you up to speed in a hurry. Just pop some AA batteries in the transmitter and you'll be getting airborne and dirty in no time! The Brama 10B the perfect choice for anyone who just wants to get off-road - fast!
That sounds good to me.

Thanks to all who responded.
Old 02-18-2009, 09:05 AM
champ48
My Feedback: (23)

I have always wondered if there was an enclosure that you could buy for these things because my friend has striped tons of gears but lucky me and my hyper I have not had any problems. I have mostly run it on-road though.
Thanks guys and let me know if you find something works!