Notices
Exceed RC Support - Nitro Cars Discuss all Nitro Car Support for items purchased or will be purchasing at Exceed RC.

Exceed RC Forza

Old 03-11-2009, 12:27 AM
Trail_Gunner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exceed RC Forza

I've ran 7 tanks of fuel and broke in by the book but I don't hear or see the trans shifting to 2nd. Is there something I can adjust?
Old 03-11-2009, 05:30 AM
joeyhatch11

Default RE: Exceed RC Forza

There is a set screw on the tranny. When you turn it, in/out, it'll allow you to shift sooner/later. It's been a while since I've messed with a 2-speed so I'm not sure which way you need to turn it to adjust it. Becareful though, I've read that those Forza's are known for eating spur gears.
Old 03-11-2009, 05:40 AM
joeyhatch11

Here you go killer. I just looked up this 2-speed "how to" video from the RedCat thread. It'll show yiou what you need to do to get your tranny to hit second gear sooner. But also remember that if you are running too rich that could have some effects on it not shifting. My father-in-law was having that problem on Sunday. Was running too rich and wouldn't kick in to second. Good luck. Joe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVQlJuZIaLQ
Old 03-23-2009, 01:52 PM
Subytech

Trail Gunner,
I also have a forza, and recently ran it for the first time. Mine also would not shift into second. Unfortunately it mangaed to munch a spur gear in about 10 minutes.
After removing the trans, and comparing it to the exploded view in the owners manual, it almost seems as if the female clutch (#12) is installed backwards.
Old 03-23-2009, 05:02 PM
joeyhatch11

I wouldnt put it past Exceed to mad a dumb move like that. I'll tell you what though. Making it single speed only is a ton of fun. I myself dont have much room to run anything two speed so my Hurrican is great around here.
Old 03-28-2009, 11:01 AM
Subytech

Second gear shifting problem resolved.
The female clutch (#12) was definitely installed backwards. After replacing 1st gear and putting the female clutch in properly. The Forza is shifting fine!
Old 03-28-2009, 11:13 AM
joeyhatch11

Hahaha glad to hear that we know what we're doing better than Exceed hahaha. They build them, we fix them.