Community
Search
Notices
Exceed RC Support - Nitro Cars Discuss all Nitro Car Support for items purchased or will be purchasing at Exceed RC.

Thoughts on the Exceed 1/16ths

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 12:14 AM
robwiljas

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Thoughts on the Exceed 1/16ths

I was just wondering if anyone here has one of the Exceed 1/16th vehicles and what they think of them. I'm looking at both the electric and nitro models. More specifically I'm looking at [link=http://www.nitrorcx.com/sava-blue-mini-monster-truck.html]this[/link]and [link=http://www.nitrorcx.com/1nipotr7eamt.html]this[/link]. You can't really beat the price. So what does everyone think?
Old 06-25-2009, 12:53 AM
jpilkinton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Thoughts on the Exceed 1/16ths

I have quite a few redcat 1/16 nitro models. They are the exact thing as the Exceed. The only con on these 1/16 is the diff gears. They are 100% plastic and all were not shimmed properly from the factory. I'm sure the electric version has the same problems in the diff area. But if and when you get one, take some time and pull the diffs out and check to make sure they are shimmed properly. If you don't do this before you drive it for the first time, better order some spare diff parts cause you will need them.
Don't get me wrong, I love the 1/16 scales.......but they really need some TLC before the first run..
I have converted 1/16's to 1/10's sveral times and know all about these little boogers. The SH07 on the nitro model is a super engine. Runs like a scalded dog! I have a SH07 on one of my 1/16 - 1/10 monster trucks.....
Have anymore questions about them, feel free to ask..
Old 06-25-2009, 01:03 AM
robwiljas

Thanks for the reply. So how is the durability? I mean I don't expect to be jumping it and such without breaking it, but do they tend to hold up to normal use or do they break everytime you run them?
Old 06-25-2009, 01:36 AM
jpilkinton

I haven't actually broke anything on mine yet. I don't run my rc's much due to work, but I did take them to a BMX track and they did great!.
Old 06-25-2009, 05:12 AM
luvdisstuff
My Feedback: (2)

Ive had an exceed 1 16 electric truggy for 2 weeks now. I also have a vendetta 1 18 st coming and a slash 1 16 bl ordered. Iam pretty new at rc cars. I got a great deal on the exceed at a flea market in NYC. I paid 20.00 for it. I have been having an absolute blast with it. Ive run the rig about 30 times now and it runs perfect. I have crashed it into the curb , tipped it over and watched it do cartwheels down my street and my daughter has stepped on it and driven her bike over it a few times and IT STILL RUNS GREAT. It has decent speed and run times of about 15-20 minutes the way I drive.When i posted the brand people replyed that it was cheap and flimsy. I have found it to be a durable little truggy so far and I really love it. Im learning to drive so maybe i wont crash so much with the more expensive models. Ill post up comparisons aftter i have had the opportunity to drive my other trucks. I canr imagine that it can be much more fun driving anything else. Nitrox sells parts and stuff although it is difficult to get info on adjustments and stuff. I imagine tthat i ill learn as i go. In all honesty I love my 1 16 electric truggy so far.
Old 06-26-2009, 03:18 AM
chevyderek72

These (all exceeds) cars are awesome, i dont care what people say, i rarely break things, but if i do its always user error. Do you wanna go electric or nitro?
Old 06-26-2009, 08:05 AM
luvdisstuff

Many people pass judgement on the exceed line and never try them out. Th big knock, and I find that its true , is that there is not alot of support fron the company. The instruction manuel has almost no info in it and parts are hard to find compared to major brands.I have not found much info on actual repairs. Ive owned mine for about three weeks no . It is a 1 16 truggy. I have been having an absolute blast ith it. I think it runs great and has proved to be pretty durable as I have had a few horrendus crashes and my daughter ran it over with her bike hile we were racing. I am brand new to the hobby and have a vendetta st and a traxxas 1 16 slash on order. But honestly I have ben having fun with my cheapo exceed truggy. Just wish there was more support for it out there among our lhs.
Old 06-27-2009, 12:22 AM
jpilkinton

ORIGINAL: luvdisstuff

Many people pass judgement on the exceed line and never try them out. Th big knock, and I find that its true , is that there is not alot of support fron the company. The instruction manuel has almost no info in it and parts are hard to find compared to major brands.I have not found much info on actual repairs. Ive owned mine for about three weeks no . It is a 1 16 truggy. I have been having an absolute blast ith it. I think it runs great and has proved to be pretty durable as I have had a few horrendus crashes and my daughter ran it over with her bike hile we were racing. I am brand new to the hobby and have a vendetta st and a traxxas 1 16 slash on order. But honestly I have ben having fun with my cheapo exceed truggy. Just wish there was more support for it out there among our lhs.
For support, go to RCDISCUSS website. Andy is there helping out people....instead of here.....
Parts can be bought online at Redcat Racing. The nitros use the exact same parts 100%. The only repairs I have done is when I first got them and shimmed the diffs.
Anytime I take my 1/8's, 1/10's out for a spin, my 1/16's always go too..
Old 06-27-2009, 02:45 AM
luvdisstuff

Thanks for the info. Mine is electric not nitro. Do the redcat parts still fit exceed 1 16 electric truggy. ?I will check out rcdiscussions for more info on the exceed rc. Thanks again as i am ne and trying to learn about these things. I dont even know ho to remove the wheels yet. It looks pretty complicated on these 4 heel drive vehicles.
Old 06-28-2009, 12:00 AM
jpilkinton

ORIGINAL: luvdisstuff

Thanks for the info. Mine is electric not nitro. Do the redcat parts still fit exceed 1 16 electric truggy. ?I will check out rcdiscussions for more info on the exceed rc. Thanks again as i am ne and trying to learn about these things. I dont even know ho to remove the wheels yet. It looks pretty complicated on these 4 heel drive vehicles.
If Redcat has the electric 1/16 version, then yes, those parts will fit also.
Old 06-28-2009, 04:36 AM
luvdisstuff

Thank you.
Old 06-28-2009, 02:29 PM
robwiljas

Thanks for the input guys. I'm seriously considering getting both the electric and nitro 1/16th trucks.
Old 06-29-2009, 12:53 AM
jpilkinton

ORIGINAL: robwiljas

Thanks for the input guys. I'm seriously considering getting both the electric and nitro 1/16th trucks.
Your more than welcome. I love my little nitros....
Old 07-16-2009, 10:55 AM
skeptik

Hi i just got a 1/16 blur and have been doing a little reading. i was wondering if any one have good instructions on shimming the Diff on this car.

Thanks
Old 10-07-2009, 02:04 PM
luvdisstuff

. I have an exceed 1 16 truggy I think I fried my esc . They are not in stock at nitrorcx. I dont know where else to go. Are there other compatible escs out there for around 30.oo ? Is there anything specific elecrtronically that I need to know?
Old 11-09-2009, 07:20 AM
zeo 1

exceed rc has warranties now im not sure what they cover but i think a fried esc will  fit the bill you will have to pay to ship it back but  its all good  and i agree exceed gets bashed alot but a couple things i will point out  durability is alot better and dont knock um  traxxas's mini revo is so soft it will break easy look up squirreled on youtube he will tell you

any way exceed rc is working hard to push hsp / there vender to quit making weak plastic as well as redcat and so far i hear there alot better i have a early hyperspeed buggy and i broke a few thing , then i ordered the new stuff and it hasnt broken since
and there mad series including the mad beast are tuff
Old 11-09-2009, 07:23 AM
zeo 1

i have a mad fire and ive raced it and bashed it flipped it at full speed ran into a basket ball pole and NOTHING has broken also mad warrior mad storm mad fire are not made by hsp

im looking at the little blur i like the tiny engine .5 i thank it is