Community
Search
Notices
Exceed RC Support - Nitro Cars Discuss all Nitro Car Support for items purchased or will be purchasing at Exceed RC.

Exceed Madfire...Is it good?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 07:08 AM
zeo 1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Exceed Madfire...Is it good?

regardless of brand its the time and energy that really makes the car/ driver losis are cool but at the moment / not including there new 1/10 truggy which i wills ay dosnt have a class any more most of there cars are no good for racing now , so many minis i mean yeah there cool but still losis 8ight and 8ight 2.0 are there only race class cars and traxxas well LOL cant even race a revo any more but regardless you should not just get the car for street credit get it beacues one its affordable 2 , now that exceed has there support and warranties now they wil send you a whole new car if it falls apart on you or the engine sucks however go techs are very competitive and will own alot of the top brands including nova rossi its all up to you what you by and i go to my track beat the guys with there 1k rigs and walk off and then talk with them in the end this hobby should be a fun sport without every one having the same crap and also not be pushed aside for having a lower end car

i mean its all fun regardless and i have my madfire and i still havent broken a thing on it nor has my engine wore out and its going on 2 months of racing and bashing
Old 11-13-2009, 11:12 AM
Sgt.Jonny

I understand but i like the innovative technoligies on the losi, dx3s, ross, .21 engine its nice. Not saying the madfire is bad but i just want high end. Not hsp.
Old 01-13-2010, 05:41 PM
zeo 1

the madfire is not made by hsp it is made by nanda racing it shares the name bd8 its a darn ood buggy the razor aka bazooka are hsp , there ok but a little soft
Old 01-13-2010, 05:42 PM
zeo 1

also the rss is col but .. it is prone to failure  and meh dx3s is expensive  but its a good radio  overpriced
Old 01-13-2010, 07:54 PM
mc4798
My Feedback: (8)

I am on the fence big time on the madfire, I really like it, I would just like to see some track video of one. I am awfully tempted to own one.

Friend of mine boughta madstorm .28 and it is just wicked fun. I know nothing of nitro's but he never even started the .28 it came with. He strapped a .28 picco and jammin pipe and i have never seen such a animal. But note I know nothing of nitro vehicles but was terribly impressed with it. He has had it for a month with no breakage .
Old 01-16-2010, 09:57 AM
Sgt.Jonny

Its not going to preform on the track that is the problem. Take a look at the design, camber, ride hight, its made to be a basher that will last for a few years. And i love how someone said
"And now that exceed has support and warranties..." Haha, I just gotta laugh at that one. It doesnt matter if its not hsp its made in china!! Im not saying this car is bad bc I own a himoto but it was my starter car, it wont preform on the track.
Old 01-16-2010, 09:59 AM
Sgt.Jonny

And lol had it for a month no breakage. My Losi ten t has had its electronics completely submerged under water and nothing is broken. I even run it in snow.
Old 01-16-2010, 10:11 AM
mc4798

makes me wonder where the electronics are made for that losi ? proably china i would guess.

You dont have to race a losi or ae car at club level to be competive. There isguys here who drive xtm's and do ok. You wont win the worlds with it but you should have a good time with it. Having a good time is what its all about anyway.
Old 01-17-2010, 11:14 AM
Sgt.Jonny

Thats my point. And for your information the servos are made in the USA by Losi as I was told by a losi employee. I take pride in owning an American made and designed rc car. Where are the exceed reps tellin me the quality of the product??? I never realized, this is the exceed fourm gee...

Losi started the 1/8 truggy class 1/10th might catch on. You might have fun with the madfire when you open it, but since it lacks the simplicity of the ross, a beginner will have trouble with it.
All i had to do on my losi was put fuel and the batteries in remote and car, held down the button, its that easy. You Do Not have to prime the engine.
I lasted 5 tanks by the way on one charge.
Old 01-19-2010, 08:27 AM
huero123
Banned

HEY GUYZ HOW YOU DOIN I KNOW IM IN THE WRONG FORUM BUT JUST WANTED TO TELL U GUYZ IM ALWAYS CRASHIN MY MCX AND NEEDING MONEY FOR SPARE PARTS I FOUND A SITE THAT I DO OFFERS AT AND PLAY GAMES FOR SOME QUICK EASY CASH TO SPEND AT MY HOBBY SHOP....... A OFFER TAKES ABOUT 1 MIN SOMETIMES 2 MIN ....A OFFER IS WARE U TELL THE PEOPLE THAT SELL A PRODUCT IF ITS GOOD OR NOT IF YOU HAVE TRYD IT BUT JUST LETN U GUYZ IN ON SOME EASY MONEY FOR THOSE SPARE PARTS I HATE PAYN FOR THAT STUFF SINCE IM ALWAYS CRASHING LOL.......IM KINDA NEW TO FLYIN CANT WAIT TO GET THE BLADE MSR.....THANKS GUYZ TRY IT U HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE SIGHN UP .....CLICK ON THE BANNER.................GIVE ME AN EMAIL IF U HAVE ANY QUESTIONS [email protected]
Old 01-30-2010, 12:19 PM
YODA308

the original question was wether or not the exceed madfire was any good. you should check out squirrels review at thetoyz , he likes the buggy and compares it to a hyper 7
Old 01-30-2010, 12:32 PM
YODA308

the madfire is made by nanda racing in china, i own a nanda racing raptor monster truck, it is also sold by rd logics as the wolverine and by exceed as the mad beast. while i dont own the madfire, if the nanda brand raptor is any indication it is probably a good car as my nanda is very tough. they dont come stock with avery good engine but it is good enough to learn tuning on. you can always upgrade the engine later, we all do that anyway dont we LOL. by the way the parts at nitrorcx are the cheapest to be found for either car.
Old 02-07-2010, 07:54 AM
mc4798

ORIGINAL: YODA308

the madfire is made by nanda racing in china, i own a nanda racing raptor monster truck, it is also sold by rd logics as the wolverine and by exceed as the mad beast. while i dont own the madfire, if the nanda brand raptor is any indication it is probably a good car as my nanda is very tough. they dont come stock with avery good engine but it is good enough to learn tuning on. you can always upgrade the engine later, we all do that anyway dont we LOL.by the way the parts at nitrorcx are the cheapest to be found for either car.

Does your Raptor / Madbeast have metal gears in the tranny ? Got any pics ?

I love the look of them its just hard to find any info.
Old 02-07-2010, 08:24 PM
YODA308

nope it has plastic gears the only i have had with the tranny was when i forgot to put loctite on the second grub screw that holds the clutch holder (the part inside the tranny that makes it shift to second gear) to the drive shaft. that one was my fault. when it came loose it trashed the gear next to it.other than that it has been plenty tough to handle the big red 28 that i have in it. front view loks kinda like a savage steel spur gear can be found if you look hard enough rear view SAME TRUCK AS EXCEED MAD BEAST OR RD LOGICS WOLVERINE
ORIGINAL: mc4798

ORIGINAL: YODA308

the madfire is made by nanda racing in china, i own a nanda racing raptor monster truck, it is also sold by rd logics as the wolverine and by exceed as the mad beast. while i dont own the madfire, if the nanda brand raptor is any indication it is probably a good car as my nanda is very tough. they dont come stock with avery good engine but it is good enough to learn tuning on. you can always upgrade the engine later, we all do that anyway dont we LOL.by the way the parts at nitrorcx are the cheapest to be found for either car.

Does your Raptor / Madbeast have metal gears in the tranny ? Got any pics ?

I love the look of them its just hard to find any info.
Old 02-07-2010, 10:03 PM
mc4798

Great looking truck. You got running vids of it ?

Old 02-08-2010, 12:32 AM
YODA308

sorry i dont have the tech skills to do that yet i have a vhs-c video camera and i dont even know if it is possible to post stuff from that format. maybe you could tell me how to go about it