Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Exceed RC Support - Nitro Cars
Reload this Page >

upgrading single speed hyperspeed to 2 speed

Community
Search
Notices
Exceed RC Support - Nitro Cars Discuss all Nitro Car Support for items purchased or will be purchasing at Exceed RC.

upgrading single speed hyperspeed to 2 speed

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 07:38 PM
coreym

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default upgrading single speed hyperspeed to 2 speed

Iam new to this and purchased the hyperspeed, i have been considering stepping up (not much, just a little) to the redcat as it seems to be pretty much the same car (ie, i could share parts) but has a better engine and exhaust and radio (i have spent more time working on the exceed transmitter then the car itself) (the steering wheel broke, then one of the trigger wires had to be re-soldered)

anyways,

i would like to upgrade the hyperspeed to the 2 speed version, but not entirely sure what all parts Iwould need.

it seems there is the two speed clutch assembly, and then maybe a 2 speed version of the centre gear

anyone know exactly what i would need?

Old 01-05-2010, 10:11 AM
rjsdad

Default RE: upgrading single speed hyperspeed to 2 speed

Coreym,
Usually it is the other way around, most ditch the 2-speed for a single speed. Many are not pleased with having to consistently clean the clutch assembly in order for it to shift gears properly. Too much of a headache from past post that I have read.
Old 01-07-2010, 12:38 PM
ace9213

Default RE: upgrading single speed hyperspeed to 2 speed

The two speed doesn't give much gains to the car. You'll get some more speed but nothing amazing. To me it isn't worth the money and the hassle.