Community
Search
Notices
Exceed RC Support - Nitro Cars Discuss all Nitro Car Support for items purchased or will be purchasing at Exceed RC.

NewB Needing Help Please

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 01:24 PM
fredtxfireman27

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NewB Needing Help Please

Hello,
I am new to the world of RC and need some help. I was given a 1/10th ExceedRC Infinity truck. I was able to get the truck running and it seems to run great to me BUT after about 5 mins it dies and wil not start again until it cools off. I guess it is tuned right as it starts easily after cool and runs smooth at idle and runs great up until it dies. It has a very light blue smoke coming from the exhaust at idle. For information the truck was given to me in pieces. (I had to put a pull rope on it and I put a new glow plug and a few misc screws.) Somone please help I just got this thing running and now I am ADDICTED!!!
Old 01-12-2010, 10:48 AM
rjsdad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NewB Needing Help Please

Sounds that you are running to lean and need to richen up the fuel to air mixture. The fuel is a cooling agent for the engine as well. I would leave the low side and adjust the high side needle. Make sure when you let the engine cool down, that the piston is at bottom dead center (bdc). Removed the glow plug and look down the glow plug hole, pull on the pull string slowly, and determine when the piston is at the very bottom. You will mark two reference points on the engine. One is a fixed position that will be on the block and the other will be on the roatating portion of the engine. When these two marks line up the engine is at bdc. This will prolong the life of the enngine. When you are running the rc you should see thick blue smoke. Too rich the engine will have a hard time running and you will notice excessive oil coming from the exhaust. It is a fine balancing act with these rc, but anyone will tell you that they rather run too rich than too lean. Hope this helps.