Notices
Exceed RC Support - Nitro Cars Discuss all Nitro Car Support for items purchased or will be purchasing at Exceed RC.

nitrorcx and the exceed line

Old 07-17-2010, 03:39 AM
Jgilk1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nitrorcx and the exceed line

so im looking to get back in to rc cars/trucks i guess for over allness im looking more in to nitro.... yeah i know i should get a name brand kit but honestly how did they become name brand??? im sure it was trial and error?

anyways enough of that so im looking to pick up a basic starter nitro rc truck and starting with a lower priced kit seems the best idea in my mind right we all know its going to remain stock for about a month or to or get shoved in the back of the closet and forgoten so is exceed really that bad? looking @ nitrorcx there seems to be everything on the thing that can be replaced and avaliable???

and as far as that i know squirl (from the toys has done a review on... several exceed rc's and his opinion was moot @ best)

any ways are they a bad kit and why?

lets eliminate the friend of a friend crap here i dont want to hear it.... second yeah i have read the posts in this section and they as well seem moot as well.... i mean post a full review not just "there good" or "they suck"

i mean i know there from indo china but again thats moot nothing is really made in america any more its to damn expensive for that sticker that says proudly made in the usa
Old 07-25-2010, 07:28 AM
mc4798
My Feedback: (8)

Default RE: nitrorcx and the exceed line

ORIGINAL: Jgilk1

so im looking to get back in to rc cars/trucks i guess for over allness im looking more in to nitro.... yeah i know i should get a name brand kit but honestly how did they become name brand??? im sure it was trial and error?

anyways enough of that so im looking to pick up a basic starter nitro rc truck and starting with a lower priced kit seems the best idea in my mind right we all know its going to remain stock for about a month or to or get shoved in the back of the closet and forgoten so is exceed really that bad? looking @ nitrorcx there seems to be everything on the thing that can be replaced and avaliable???

and as far as that i know squirl (from the toys has done a review on... several exceed rc's and his opinion was moot @ best)

any ways are they a bad kit and why?

lets eliminate the friend of a friend crap here i dont want to hear it.... second yeah i have read the posts in this section and they as well seem moot as well.... i mean post a full review not just "there good" or "they suck"

i mean i know there from indo china but again thats moot nothing is really made in america any more its to damn expensive for that sticker that says proudly made in the usa
Here is my opinion.

I own a madspeed ep touring car and a exceed ep dynamite.

Madspeed: Is a rebadged Nanda NRX10 , Bought last thanksgiving for 88.00 plus 10% off (rcx10 code during checkout) . Have had hardly anyissues with it at all. Bash it in the street and raced in VTA class and is just fine. Only killed a diff when i installed a 6000kv ez-run motor. Other than that nothing has broke and has been pretty much trouble free. Wold recommend this car to anybody.

Dynamite : Rebadged HSP model that Redcat racing and Himoto USAalso sales under diffrent names. Was pretty nice while new and while using brushed motors with nimh batteries. Problems began shortly after installing brushless systems and lipo batteries. Dogbones,driveshafts diff outdrives etc. While it was a good jumper anything over 3ft usually resulted in broken parts. Weak plastic used on front and rear hubs.

What I have seen.
Friend has a Madstorm which is built by nanda as are all the MAD series cars Exceed sales.
So friend got madstorm that came equipped with a sh .28 motor. He never ran it. Installed a .32 pico andjammin pipe. The truck is one of the most impressive things i have seen when he runs it. Other than a brushless Revo I have never seen something eat dirt the way it does
To my knowledge he has never broken a part on it and I have witnessed 15ft high jumps and all kinds of bad landings while i was driving it (sorry John) and it just keeps going. I would trade my warhead for it anyday and pay boot lol.

411 magazine did a review on the Madwarrior and gave it good points and RC Caraction just did a review on the madbash and gave it real good reviews also.

So in my opinion I would steer clear of the 10th scale nitro stuff exceed sales. If you are dead set on a 10th scale nitro for cheap checkout the HImoto stuff.

Hope this helps
Old 12-31-2010, 12:45 PM
SalemRich
Banned

I bought an Exceed drift car which was defective right out of the box (the transmitter range was less than 3 feet). When I attempted to get an RMA from nitrorcx.com as per their web site instructions, their phone system gave me a fast busy several times a day. I also never got a response to any of my email requests and the chat line was never operative. Finally, after a week of this I contacted my credit card company and placed a dispute.

Surprise, surprise I finally heard from them with a request to remove the dispute. Xheli.com which I learned is an affiliate (same company) accepted and billed me for two helicopters, but never delivered them and even double billed me for one of them. I also had to dispute that one to get it off my list of charges. I later learned they are the same company with the same issues. How these guys remain in business is beyond me.

On line hobby items purchasing horror stories don't get much worse than my experiences with nitrorcx.com and xheli.com. I don't understand why anyone would buy anything from nitrorcx.com, xheli.com or hobbypartz.com a second time. The are all affiliates of the same company and are a perfect example of Customer NO Service. I honestly think all of the positive reviews they get are from plants or shills.

Old 12-31-2010, 03:16 PM
mc4798

Wow, You seem to be in the minority.

I have spent more money with Hobby partz than I have any rc related place. Not one time a issue.
Old 01-01-2011, 11:22 AM
madtruck1

i have never had an issue withe them either, great shipping and friendly customer service
Old 01-01-2011, 11:25 AM
SalemRich
Banned

Ur probably just another shill. The blogs are full of these so called positive experiences, but a Google review search will turn up the truth.
Old 01-01-2011, 11:27 AM
madtruck1

there is nothing wrong with exceed bud...
Old 01-01-2011, 11:28 AM
SalemRich
Banned

Two shills in a row. If you never had a problem try contacting their customer service number or their chat line.
Old 01-01-2011, 11:29 AM
madtruck1

never had a problem...
Old 01-01-2011, 11:32 AM
mc4798

ORIGINAL: SalemRich

Ur probably just another shill for these dirtbags. The blogs are full of these so called positive experiences, but a Google review search will turn up the truth.
What is a shill ?

If we are calling names... youare just another dumb***** who has no idea what they are doing.

No dictionary needed
Old 01-01-2011, 11:33 AM
madtruck1

hes probably never even owned an exceed, just comes here start *****....
Old 01-06-2011, 09:28 PM
Catfish344

i didnt like my exceed at all, i was like u wanted to get back in the hobby but figured i might as well start with somthing cheap so i bought one. I ended up spending more time working on it then i did driving it, but when it did want to work it was bad ass. anyway i think you should just spend the extra money and get a traxxas it will last you forever and they are very reliable.
When i was looking at exceeds online before i bought mine i was reading the comments and seeing all the people say get a traxxas, get a hpi, get an associated I thought they were just a bunch of name brand quiers,  but they were right
Old 01-06-2011, 09:33 PM
Catfish344

I know my 1st comment was not worded very well so all you *******s about to talk **** and say im retarded dont know how to write. your right i have a D+ in english lol
Old 01-07-2011, 09:53 AM
SalemRich
Banned

FYI - Webster defines a shill as: One who poses as a satisfied customer or an enthusiastic gambler to dupe bystanders into participating in a swindle.

Old 01-07-2011, 09:55 AM
SalemRich
Banned

A shill is: One who poses as a satisfied customer or an enthusiastic gambler to dupe bystanders into participating in a swindle.
Old 01-07-2011, 09:59 AM
SalemRich
Banned

you probably never owned a toothbrush.
Old 01-07-2011, 12:24 PM
madtruck1

actually do own one, thanks for careing... and if i supposedly dont have an exceed then look at my thread i posted earlier...

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_10195312/tm.htm
Old 01-07-2011, 12:41 PM
SalemRich
Banned

My issue was never with the Exceed product,only the company who sold it to me. For the money,Exceed RC carsare a real value even though the one I bought from nitorrcx.com had a bad transmitter right out of the box. The cost was $99.95 including shipping. That included the drift complete RTR car with electronics, battery, wall charger and shipping. That is typically more than $100 less than more established brands. My issue wasonly with the seller. Since the Exceed line is value priced it only makes sense that a few of then will slip by quality control.however, if and when that happens, as it did in my case, you want to buy from a responsable vendor.

I have purchased several Traxxas and Assoicated RC products from Tower Hobbies over the years and in the very few times I have needed after sales support they have always been flawless - the total opposite of the experience Ihad with nitorrcx.com and xheli.com. I was simply attempting to help with one of the most important considerations in buying any RC product. Namely, the supplier. If your experience was different, you were simply lucky. So good for you.
Old 01-07-2011, 12:47 PM
madtruck1

well yea, i have had one problem with nitrorcx.com, the sent me a starter pack with the glow plug wrench and stuff when i ordered a starter for my motor, so when it finally came i just kept the starter pack also. If you ever buy an exceed, i would skip the 1/10 and go straight to 1/8, the 1/8 scales are way better. Same here with the transmitter issue, i just replace mine with either a futuba or a traxxas transmitter and receiver combo before i even start them for the first time.
Old 01-25-2011, 02:48 PM
Kylar
My Feedback: (42)

I have ordered 4 times from hobbypartz and nitrocrx. Everything from batteries, parts, receivers, motors, bodies, nitro starter kits, you name it. Everything was shipped in a timely fashion, never had a billing issue..
The only one issue i had was with a body i ordered, they forgot to include the decals. I sent them an e-mail, it was responded to within 24 hours and then sent me the decal sheet the next day, no fuss, no hassle.
Old 01-25-2011, 04:59 PM
madtruck1

Yea I have ordered from them multiple times also, only one probpem and I already stated it...
Old 02-07-2011, 07:13 PM
tolofrhr

I too will have to sing the praises of Exceed. I've been in the hobby for a LONG time and currently own approximately 30 different cars. I bought one of the 10th scale Rally Monster EP. The body is INSANELY strong! I have beat the snot out of it with very little damage. Burned up 4 motors but that was probably more due to my driving style and being overgeared from the factory. Burned up one ESC but again due more to driving style. The only thing I've broken was the front bumper mounts. I think they upgraded them because the last ones I ordered where different. Ordered from the Redcat site so that may be the difference. Only 2 things I will say bad about them. The stock radio didn't work very good out of the box. Had a problem with the brakes. No biggy though because I have A LOT of other radios. 2. Parts availability. Not really their fault though. All in all Exceed and NitroRCx get extremely high satifaction rating from me.
While we are on the subject of Exceed can yall tell me the difference between the Mad Bash and the Mad Code trucks. Other than wheels, tires and body I can't see any difference. The website doesn't show any pictures of the chassis and Exceed website doesn't even have the Mad Code listed. Thanx!!!!
Old 02-08-2011, 04:59 AM
madtruck1

ORIGINAL: tolofrhr

I too will have to sing the praises of Exceed. I've been in the hobby for a LONG time and currently own approximately 30 different cars. I bought one of the 10th scale Rally Monster EP. The body is INSANELY strong! I have beat the snot out of it with very little damage. Burned up 4 motors but that was probably more due to my driving style and being overgeared from the factory. Burned up one ESC but again due more to driving style. The only thing I've broken was the front bumper mounts. I think they upgraded them because the last ones I ordered where different. Ordered from the Redcat site so that may be the difference. Only 2 things I will say bad about them. The stock radio didn't work very good out of the box. Had a problem with the brakes. No biggy though because I have A LOT of other radios. 2. Parts availability. Not really their fault though. All in all Exceed and NitroRCx get extremely high satifaction rating from me.
While we are on the subject of Exceed can yall tell me the difference between the Mad Bash and the Mad Code trucks. Other than wheels, tires and body I can't see any difference. The website doesn't show any pictures of the chassis and Exceed website doesn't even have the Mad Code listed. Thanx!!!!

http://www.nitrorcx.com/52c68-madcod...ngedition.html

http://www.nitrorcx.com/52c69-re-madbash-aplhablue.html

Wonder why everybody says they cant get parts, I have always gotten parts easily...lol...I dont see no difference between them though....If you plan on getting another one of the exceed take a look at the madbeast, I have a support forum on here. here is the link.... http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_10195312/tm.htm
Old 02-08-2011, 06:17 PM
tolofrhr

Saw that thanks. Mainly I'm interested in chassis pictures. I'm just trying to figure out what makes the 80 dollar difference. just realized I wasn't specific enough. I'm asking about the brushless trucks. My bad.
Old 02-08-2011, 06:29 PM
mc4798

Madcode is more SC8 sized were as the madbash is slash sized. If you look at the chassis pics you can see how much longer the MC is compared to MB.

They both use the same electronics.

I had a madbash it is a pretty nice truck.

This will be the next truck I try out though.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.