Community
Search
Notices
Executive Vice President Candidate 2014 - Horrace Cain This for is for you to discuss the AMA directly with Horrace Cain, an AMA Executive Vice Presidential Candidate. All other AMA related posts must be posted in the main forum. Foolishness, trolling and flaming will not be allowed. Keep it civil.

Duties and Responsibilities

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2014, 05:26 PM
s3nfo
My Feedback: (14)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Duties and Responsibilities

OK Horrace, I'll start. With the fairly new position of Executive Director, currently filled by Dave Mathewson, what do you think the du areties and responsibilities of the EVP position?
Old 06-10-2014, 05:52 AM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by s3nfo
OK Horrace, I'll start. With the fairly new position of Executive Director, currently filled by Dave Mathewson, what do you think the du areties and responsibilities of the EVP position?
Hello Jerry. Hope all is well with you. First let me clear your question which you know, yet there may be some readers that are not aware of such: The position of Executive Director (ED) is different than Executive Vice President. (EVP)
The AMA ED is a paid position, and hired by the Executive Council. The EVP is a voluntary position, and elected by the membership of all the AMA Districts, whereas District Vice Presidents (DVP) are elected by the AMA members of the specific District.

Anyone desiring the academic duties of the Executive Vice President can find them at www.modelaircraft.org/bylawschanges.aspx. In a real-world relationship the EVP, in my mind, is a kind of a go-between the AMA Pres. and the Dist. Vice Presidents. He will have to think more on business for the good of AMA, and not just one area of members.

If I should get elected to EVP, I will do my best to honor the position as well as I can. My scan on the academic duties will be rather like my lifestyle in 13 years active USAF, (7 more in Reserve) 5 of which were in the B-47 Stratojet, Strategic Air Command. Holding all 3 USAF Aeronautical Ratings, Navigator, Bombardier, and Pilot, I had a number of opportunities to move outside the "academic" era. Maybe you would like to converse with the AMA Technical Director as he probably can well remember certain ways I moved when as AMA District VI VP resulting in finally obtaining the 72 MHZ frequencies, November 1981. I was of the same mindset when I was a pilot for United Airlines, 28 years. Since my FAA forced retirement at age 60 (now 65) I have worked in my IRA real estate. I have had some very interesting items pop up there. It took some time for a couple organizations to learn that trying to steal $$$ from "Ol' Hoss" is not a good thing to do, but they learned. My first big item after my retirement was to get Jetero RC Club, Inc. a good flying facility. It is there, www.jetero.com all 50 acres which they now own. Check it out. Some said it could not be done using my IRA funds. Maybe I get things done because I don't listen well when I want something and others are saying "NO"..
Therefore Jerry, I hope you and those that read this just may get the idea that I like model aviation and I will work to (1) get things done and (2) be certain that the model airplane folks are getting the best deal. If they are not getting the best deal they will know why. BTW what is happening to the "Foundation"?
So, Jerry, I hope you understand that I may not have all the super degrees that many of the EC folks have, yet I can listen, think things over and move on said items.
Old 06-10-2014, 02:15 PM
rt3232
My Feedback: (6)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well Mr. Cain

All I can say is you will have my vote, not because I think you are all ways right, but because of your straight forward answers, as I have been following the AMA site on RCU for the past 10 years. As I see it there a lot of folks in office that are there just to be there and wont get into the nitty gritty of problems that need solving.

Waiting to see your platform

Cheers Bob T
AMA13377
Old 06-11-2014, 08:47 AM
Hossfly

Thank you Mr. Bob T. The first thing that could help very much is for AMA members to send nominations to AMA's Ms. Joyce Hager of AMA. Her email is
[email protected] While the official nomination needs a signature, an email notation in this case with the member's name, AMA # and address will work as I am already officially nominated for the office, but may not be selected by the EC as only 3 names are allowed on the official ballot. Official nominations cease on June 19th, '14. A simple, " I nominate Horrace D. Cain, AMA L93 to the AMA office of AMA Executive Vice President for year 1915+." will help in this first case.

Then check the AMA website or your Model Aviation for your District Vice President and inform him, email, snail mail, or letter, that you wish for him to assure that Horrace D. Cain is on the ballot for the election of 2015 AMA's Executive Council Executive Vice President." THE EC's selection will be made on JULY 19, at 8AM.

BTW there is in this AMA forum a spot to go directly to AMA's website where all officers and staff emails can be found.

Thanks guys and gals for any and all consideration. You already know that I deliver information when things are happening. You, as a member of AMA, deserve to be informed as things happen. Again Thanks to All and especially those that post here. You have ideas and I am listening. This is OUR AMA. Let's keep it that way!
Old 06-16-2014, 11:32 PM
koastrc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a open question. What can the AMA do as a National Organization to help more qualified people to take up the role as instructors. Our club for example has a fly-in to promote the hobby. We are over whelmed with people wanting to learn and there is not enough people to help. There has been AMA efforts in the past to promote the sport/hobby, but at times seem disjointed. I do understand most of the efforts to help folks into the hobby are the local clubs responsibility, but I think the AMA could do something to help in a positive way.
I was recognized at the District level for my efforts as a instructor and the club members were thrilled for me. A couple of members took up instructing after that award. I know of nothing like that on the National level. Instructing as you know has it's problems and with little or no real reward other than a bit of self satisfaction.
What are your thoughts?

Last edited by koastrc; 06-17-2014 at 05:39 AM.
Old 06-17-2014, 07:51 AM
Hossfly

Originally Posted by koastrc
I have a open question. What can the AMA do as a National Organization to help more qualified people to take up the role as instructors. Our club for example has a fly-in to promote the hobby. We are over whelmed with people wanting to learn and there is not enough people to help. There has been AMA efforts in the past to promote the sport/hobby, but at times seem disjointed. I do understand most of the efforts to help folks into the hobby are the local clubs responsibility, but I think the AMA could do something to help in a positive way.
I was recognized at the District level for my efforts as a instructor and the club members were thrilled for me. A couple of members took up instructing after that award. I know of nothing like that on the National level. Instructing as you know has it's problems and with little or no real reward other than a bit of self satisfaction.
What are your thoughts?
Good Questions, koastrc. In my opinion/s AMA leaves that definitely to the clubs. AMA has web pages to how an Instructor should be trained and accepted. I doubt that 80% of "Instructors" could fly these maneuvers. I am an "Old Fart" yet I am willing to give of my remaining time to try to bring the Ex. Committee into a real working unit and demanding answers from management. I have never witnessed any club that uses AMA's definition of an instructor as AMA has written. I belong to 3 Clubs, and none ever try to get the "Instructors" to comply with these rules. When the Intro Pilot Instructor thing first started, IIRC, it was 2 to a club, then 5, and now everyone that can fly anything can be an INSTRUCTOR. IMO that means, "Club you take care of your instructor, we got other things to do." My AMA Card says that I am an Introductory Pilot Instructor, yet who isn't?

Way back in the early '80s as a District VP I founded a District Competition Fun Fly which clubs competed in the states, then winners went for a District Championship. It was very successful as long as I funded the awards, got certain clubs to be hosts, etc. etc. Once I resigned from being a DVP, the program sunk like the Titanic. Same as the Instructor Training I founded when I was a DVP. It was to be accomplished and completed by each DVP. It was a true training project, mostly for safety. When I left the EC, so did that program for the DVPs. What does AMA now have? IMO, - GARBAGE!
Back then AMA was a very small group, but now look at the "growth". Many employees, each into a certain duty and where or what are the accomplishments? So those are my thoughts, koastrc,and here I write a book and in no way do I answer your question. Heck, I'm ready for Congress!

Last edited by Hossfly; 06-17-2014 at 07:54 AM.
Old 06-28-2014, 02:44 PM
bradpaul

Horrace as you have "thrown your hat into the ring" for AMA EVP, could you please state your position on the recent Interpretation of the Special Rule for Model Aircraft published by the FAA?
Old 06-28-2014, 08:23 PM
Hossfly

Originally Posted by bradpaul
Horrace as you have "thrown your hat into the ring" for AMA EVP, could you please state your position on the recent Interpretation of the Special Rule for Model Aircraft published by the FAA?
Well Bradpaul, I have been wondering when this question would jump into the arena. First I am not in favor of any sort of model aviation, being a sport and hobby as one wishes to call it, even unto being a passion, as it has been with me all my life, where the development and use provides a very good place to grow the activity to where almost any person has the tools and ability to create a very dangerous situation. I have witnessed these machines leave a site and fly into clouds and then return. Absolutely outstanding, yet in my 41 years of 1:1 scale flying large machines through valleys, low-level tasks, in clouds from ground level to 45,000 ft MSL, such was not performed in a fun-sport or the typical, "Now watch this," scenario. Providing lesser than professionals with the tools to use as they wish with the FPV and other such tools that have the capability to create very dangerous situations in many weather conditions, well Sir, it just, at this time, does not sit well with this person.
So this answer will not be the one that so many wish to hear, I will not lie about my feelings. I am more on the side of the FAA's interpretation than the AMA's position, and the position of what I perceive as some Drone manufacturing companies using the AMA to assure that those manufacturers' products get tested at little or no cost to the manufacturers, said tests being performed more by amateurs that are without any significant expense to the said manufacturers, and or importers.
As one that has enjoyed model aviation for a life-time, has spent some 41 years in 1:1 scale, 5 of those in combat operations, I just have to be HONEST and state that I side with the FAA until a really safe and secure method of drone types is accomplished, including some kind of actual confirmation is developed that any civil use of such machines are not considered toy levels. I had to have various licenses to fly my civil aircraft, take test after test when I was in the B-47, on alert many days loaded with nukes, and different licenses with various ratings when I was airline. I see no reason why some kind of license - other than AMA - is asking too much for piloting drones.
Old 06-29-2014, 09:42 AM
bradpaul

Thank you HC your opinion does have merit and I respect you for stating it.

Buried down on page 16 of the "FCC Interpretation" is this issue that has the possibility to adversely effect many AMA Clubs.

Rules governing operations in designated airspace are found in §§ 91.126 through
91.135. In general, those rules establish requirements for operating in the various classes
of airspace, and near airports in non-designated airspace to minimize risk of collision in
higher traffic airspace. Generally, if an operator is unable to comply with the regulatory
requirements for operating in a particular class of airspace, the operator would need
authorization from air traffic control to operate in that area. See, e.g., 14 CFR 91.127(a),
91.129(a). Operations within restricted areas designated in part 73 would be prohibited
without permission from the using or controlling agency. Accordingly, as part of the
requirements for model aircraft operations within 5 miles of an airport set forth in section
336(a)(4) of P.L. 112-95, the FAA would expect modelers operating model aircraft in
airspace covered by §§ 91.126 through 91.135 and part 73 to obtain authorization from
air traffic control prior to operating.
The rule before under AC 91-57 was to notify the airport and the language from the public law ia also notify.

However the FCC interprets "notify" as: Accordingly, as part of the
requirements for model aircraft operations within 5 miles of an airport set forth in section
336(a)(4) of P.L. 112-95, the FAA would expect modelers operating model aircraft in
airspace covered by §§ 91.126 through 91.135 and part 73 to obtain authorization from
air traffic control prior to operating

So "notify" has morphed into "authorization".

Your opinion?
Old 06-29-2014, 01:24 PM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Horrace you got my vote
Old 06-30-2014, 06:37 AM
scottrc

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by bradpaul
Thank you HC your opinion does have merit and I respect you for stating it.

Buried down on page 16 of the "FCC Interpretation" is this issue that has the possibility to adversely effect many AMA Clubs.

The rule before under AC 91-57 was to notify the airport and the language from the public law ia also notify.

However the FCC interprets "notify" as: Accordingly, as part of the
air traffic control prior to operating

So "notify" has morphed into "authorization".

Your opinion?
Good question, I would like to hear Mr. Cain's expert interpretation to this as well, since two of our local RC airparks are on airport property. Up until Monday, 6/23, we were able to fly under our written agreement with the FBO manager in an area that is listed on both the sectional and NOTAMs, now, way this new rule is interpreted by one FBO manager, we need to get prior authorization for EACH FLIGHT and have means to announce our intent, depart, and approach. This same manager says we need to get Sportsman ratings if we want to continue to fly. In a way, I kinda agree with him since I was also a full scale pilot and was never too comfortable flying into airspace, namely approaches, with untrained (ultralight) pilots. Then again, I did have two incidents due to pilots not announcing their approaches and both were high time transport rated pilots, so licensing and training not always prevents stupidity.
Old 06-30-2014, 10:31 AM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

i got a feeling, that, starting with post #7, this should be a stand alone thread.

i pretty much agree with hoss, with a possible exception for the wording of the go - no go authority of airport personnel question. i expect that to be soundly covered in the comments to the FAA, and that some sort of further clarification will be made.
Old 06-30-2014, 08:56 PM
Hossfly

Originally Posted by scottrc
Good question, I would like to hear Mr. Cain's expert interpretation to this as well, since two of our local RC airparks are on airport property. Up until Monday, 6/23, we were able to fly under our written agreement with the FBO manager in an area that is listed on both the sectional and NOTAMs, now, way this new rule is interpreted by one FBO manager, we need to get prior authorization for EACH FLIGHT and have means to announce our intent, depart, and approach. This same manager says we need to get Sportsman ratings if we want to continue to fly. In a way, I kinda agree with him since I was also a full scale pilot and was never too comfortable flying into airspace, namely approaches, with untrained (ultralight) pilots. Then again, I did have two incidents due to pilots not announcing their approaches and both were high time transport rated pilots, so licensing and training not always prevents stupidity.
Thank You, Mr. Scottrc, for your kind request. I have been out of the cockpit, as a pilot, for over 18 years now. I have no desire or interest to try to load up on FAA or any other current aviation item of argument. I get regular invites from aviation groups to align with, join, donate to, etc. their units. EAA's invitation comes every several months, the last being today. Now, I certainly respect each and every one that keeps any and all of these aviation units in business and all the pilots that like, love, etc. to keep things moving. OTOH, I - for me - will no longer be there to do the job. I do send some $$ to several units, such as "The American Air Museum in Britain" because I am a Founding-Member.
As a life-time modeler from basic solids, through stick and tissue, rubber-gliders, CL (still do) FF, and RC for the past 44 years, I will always try to keep any aeromodeling alive. There are times and situations that I have to do more than use what I want, or simple dumb passion when such items come up that are very much worth study and discussion among those that have a lot more smarts than self, especially those that are in the midst of the situation. As I have said many times, It's not so much what one does not know that can hurt one, as it is that which one knows for certain that ain't so!
As for what Mr. bradpaul states and you bring to light concerning authorization from ATC prior to RC operation within 5 miles of an active airport, I certainly would hope that any RC Club operating within 5 miles of said airport would be very happy to advise the ATC, and comply with whatever the ATC might request. Personally, except for certain advertised RC Airshows, prearranged by the group and the facility ATC, I would NOT fly RC models within any defined area of an airport. Flying RC models is a great item, yet not great enough for me to have to look in the mirror, and know that I am looking at the person that is responsible for Dad, or Mom, or both not coming home today for that child waiting. Guess you now think Mr. Cain is not so expert, but I seem to, more and more, think I have seen enough waiting folks crying when the airplane landed, just not on the runway.

Last edited by Hossfly; 07-13-2014 at 11:29 AM.
Old 07-01-2014, 01:05 PM
Hossfly

In my time, I have witnessed the growth of RC from tubes and heavy battery loads for 1 channel to today's full set-ups. I was a part of Competitive Free Flight in its hay-day. I won many trophies in CL Stunt, combat, and scale over some 30 years. Now we have the helies (sp?) and quads and all such. In my opinion the people that are into all these new and futuristic machines can well satisfy their need by assuring that flying facilities are well out of any commercial air-carrier traffic airspace. To be upset - because the FAA is interested in assuring that all active RC, etc. folks are adequately safety-minded to assist and/or work with air traffic control systems, big or small or in-between, is in my mind somewhat very juvenile.
Old 07-01-2014, 05:48 PM
s3nfo

Horrace,

One of the duties and responsibilities of the EVP is to fill in for the President at events he can't make it to, this occasionally means representing AMA to various Government and NGO's in an official capacity. You're a lot like me, a rather direct individual that pretty much says what's on his mind, which is not always a benefit when dealing with petty officials. Do you have the capacity to put what's best for AMA ahead of your personal feelings when required? Are you capable of dealing with every situation that you're sent to represent in the manner best able to get the results AMA needs, even if it means using a different approach than your normal "bull in a china shop" way of dealing with issues?
Old 07-01-2014, 07:20 PM
Hossfly

Horrace,

One of the duties and responsibilities of the EVP is to fill in for the President at events he can't make it to, this occasionally means representing AMA to various Government and NGO's in an official capacity. You're a lot like me, a rather direct individual that pretty much says what's on his mind, which is not always a benefit when dealing with petty officials. Do you have the capacity to put what's best for AMA ahead of your personal feelings when required? Are you capable of dealing with every situation that you're sent to represent in the manner best able to get the results AMA needs, even if it means using a different approach than your normal "bull in a china shop" way of dealing with issues?
Jerry, even though your questions and comments are to take me down a bit, , in reality, I really appreciate this specific line of questioning. It does make me think and requires some serious thought on my part. To best answer your question, I can do whatever is required of me in any situation that happens. For sure I will go the extra mile should I find myself in such situations as you bring to the table.
However I will have some strong conversations with the EC when such arrives. You use the terms "...AMA needs.." When I think differently about what AMA needs, I will be darn certain that after considerable discussion with the elected portion of the Ex. Council, any dealings that I am party to, YES, I will go with the ELECTED EC after the china-shop is cleaned up.

Last edited by Hossfly; 07-01-2014 at 07:25 PM.
Old 07-04-2014, 05:16 PM
s3nfo

Originally Posted by Hossfly
Jerry, even though your questions and comments are to take me down a bit, ,
>
No ill intent intended Horrace, apologies if you took it that way, but don't expect me to throw you softballs either.

Hope you, and all, enjoyed their 4th.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMERICA!
Old 07-05-2014, 05:54 AM
Hossfly

No ill intent intended Horrace, apologies if you took it that way, but don't expect me to throw you softballs either.

Hope you, and all, enjoyed their 4th.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMERICA!
HA ! NO softballs required. Keep the fast hard-balls coming my way.

I have stumbled before. In high school I got smacked by one hardball in baseball. Out for a couple minutes. I never revealed that when I was in the physical for Aviation Cadets.
A guy in front said yes to the question, "Have you ever been unconscious?" He said "Yes, from heat exhaustion for a few minutes". The DISQUALIFIED hit his paper-work. That flight physical was big-time more than the average person.
When I was asked, well I was not at that time, so I lied and said "NO". Do you think I might get another 41 years flying if I wrote to USAF and UAL and told them I fibbed?
Knock me out, Jerry. AMA would be on your side!
Old 07-11-2014, 01:10 PM
crash99
My Feedback: (3)

I'm glad to see someone is running. I have a few questions.

1. Will you support all the RC flying groups like FF, Sport, Warbirds, 3d, Profile groups like the Profile Brotherhood, UAV, FPV?
2. Are you willing to move the AMA Convention to a central area in the US?
3. What are your view on UAV / FPV?

Crash99
Old 07-11-2014, 03:09 PM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Did you get the nomination?
Old 07-11-2014, 08:57 PM
Hossfly

Originally Posted by crash99
I'm glad to see someone is running. I have a few questions.

1. Will you support all the RC flying groups like FF, Sport, Warbirds, 3d, Profile groups like the Profile Brotherhood, UAV, FPV?
2. Are you willing to move the AMA Convention to a central area in the US?
3. What are your view on UAV / FPV?

Crash99
Crash99, I will certainly support all aeromodeling. I belong to 3 RC Clubs. I was a hardcore CL, and FF competition flier back in my earlier days, thru about 1980. Still like it and fly 60' lines in my backyard every so often. I arranged, financed and spent a number of $$ to support my main RC Club. check out www.jetero.com.
As far as the AMA Convention: Are you asking about the National AMA Competition, (NATS) or the California Party in January? As for the NATs, Muncie is the place for the NATs due to the facility being there to support a NATs. If all AMA folks started a big war to change that, well I will have to cross that bridge when I get to it. FYI, when the AMA was looking for a home away from Reston, VA, I submitted a fairly large Staff-Study concerning that the place selected should be in the middle of the country. I seriously doubt that the study ever got past the first trash can.
My first taste of AMA politics, District VI DVP, came when AMA was still in the "Red Light District" of Washington DC. If you are asking about the Convention in California each January, well that is where the money is and lots of folks go there. Trying to take things like that around the country costs many times the SSS for such a party. To do so in winter time is too much weather problem. In the summer, there are too many club events going on to try for a convention.
While I like most all model airplanes, that does not mean I do all models. I like warbirds, did several years of warbird racing, going to Phoenix each year for a big contest there. There was a time that I disliked the lack of discipline in some events, however that is not such anymore. If someone likes any model AIRPLANE and flies it with decent safety, that is A-OK with me. I don't go trophy hunting anymore, but back in 1982 I threw 125 trophies and plaques in a dumpster. Still got a bunch taking up space in my barn. So, crash 99, I am for all model airplanes. OH Yes I belong to a group called "Flying Aces". These fellows are real modelers, rubber powered SCALE. I like scale, I like Pylon Racing but it has out-grown me for now. I did have a bad for the 3D but now all the trying to fly through the parked models seems to have gone away. No bother to me anymore.
So now UAV and FPD. I will be honest with you and all that read this. I have no use for FPD. Yes I have a quad-copter that I can play with in my backyard. I gave one just a couple weeks ago to a nephew. He is liking it and took to it like a duck to water, but ol" Unc" gave him a very good safety briefing.
I do not adhere to the theory that FPV is a model airplane item. If it is maintained within the area of an RC model field, then have a ball. Going outside that perimeter, is simply a noose for taking out other folks privacy, and properties. You will not find me being a helper to that fraternity.
So there you are Crash! I do not lie about things just to win some election. The "D." in my middle name is for DALTON (remember those boys!) not for de----at.
Hope you the best in whatever you do.
Old 07-11-2014, 09:20 PM
Hossfly

Originally Posted by mr_matt
Did you get the nomination?
Good question Mr__ Matt. The day of reckoning will be Saturday AM on the 19th of this month. At the last information I have received is that Jim Rice pulled out. That leaves only two nominees, Gary Fitch, incumbent and myself which IMO, I will be on the ballot. I will be in Muncie on the 19th. I will know then. Nominee deadline is long past. Will they find a way to slip in two more? Will they just vote to not allow me on the ballot? NO Clue here! Stranger things have happened.
I am then going on up to Michigan for a couple weeks. So I will not have a computer with me then. Talk about it when I get back home. Thanks for asking.
Old 07-13-2014, 05:07 AM
crash99
My Feedback: (3)

Hossfly.

Thank you for your response but I was not able to pick up if you would support the group The Profile Brotherhood? I also want to follow up on my understanding you would not support the FPV / UAV, AMA card holding members.

The reason I think this is important to ask this is that the FPV/UAV is bringing in members that would never start in our hobby. I have a boss that can not fly an airplane but with DJI and fatshark hardware he Is able to. He also join the AMA. That is why I am asking the follow up question. My understanding you would not support the FPV / UAV, AMA card holding members. Is that correct?

Thanks
Crash99
Old 07-13-2014, 11:16 AM
Hossfly

[QUOTE=crash99;

Thank you for your response but I was not able to pick up if you would support the group The Profile Brotherhood? I also want to follow up on my understanding you would not support the FPV / UAV, AMA card holding members.
The reason I think this is important to ask this is that the FPV/UAV is bringing in members that would never start in our hobby. I have a boss that can not fly an airplane but with DJI and fatshark hardware he Is able to. He also join the AMA. That is why I am asking the follow up question. My understanding you would not support the FPV / UAV, AMA card holding members. Is that correct?
Thanks
Crash99[/QUOTE]

Sorry Crash, but I thought that I covered that with, "While I like most all model airplanes, that does not mean that I do all models." I am just ONE person, and have a lot of interests otherwise. For example Kids, Grand-kids, Great Grand-kids, to visit with, and some financial items (investments and IRAs) to take care of. In addition I am a bit more lazy than some 10 years ago.
I have nothing against model aviation FPV / UAV as a group of AMA members. However when I see and I have watched - an individual take a drone and fly it into clouds, estimated to bases at 3000 ft AGL, then wait for some time to recall it back which it did very well well. I get a bit ruffled. That point was at a place where civil airliners are sometimes turning base - and as a veteran of 41 years civil and military driving airplanes I well understand what COULD happen in a drone into a leading-edge flap, an engine or even a windshield -- (happens sometimes if wx is right) to land at Bush International at about 5-6000 feet MSL (4-5000 ft.AGL) then I get a bit PedOff.
IMO any part of AMA member persons using FPV/UAV then that person should be sticking to AMA rules and procedures. Spotter and flier and within AMA facility rules.

As far as the Profile Brotherhood is concerned, what do I have to "...BACK...? IMO they are simply another group, basically same as other Special Interest Groups.
I belong to IMAA, did belong to the Pylon Racers, and several other SIGs along the way. I do now belong to PAMPA, the CL stunt group. The Profile Brotherhood is a group that every so often performs at the large "Bomber Field" out about 60 miles NW of Houston. I am a member of Bomber Field, yet this year I have been rather delinquent going out there, 95 miles from here, and their events often conflict with the local Club Events all around me. In addition, from last October, I have been not all that healthy, until getting much better from this past May. That all means that I am a busy person. As far as the Profile Brotherhood is concerned, they are on their own, yet if I should become an AMA Officer again, they will receive whatever I can offer, should they request something. I have nothing against any group that maintains a decent safety record. I have not heard any bad remarks about the PBs in several years. I say, "Good Job, Guys and keep it up and have a Ball!"

Hope this helps as I mean what I say. I am NOT a politician. No lies to get your $$. Have a great whatever of your choice.

Last edited by Hossfly; 07-13-2014 at 11:21 AM.
Old 07-15-2014, 05:34 PM
larry@coyotenet
My Feedback: (21)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What is your reaction to the recent accident at War Birds Over Delaware, especially regarding the AMA sanction for this event?
As a cd of giant scale events I think the AMA needs to reappraise site setups for these events, especially in regards to the spectator and pits setback distance.
Larry AMA 5837

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.