Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

Rex 57 (Novarossi)

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Rex 57 (Novarossi)

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2011, 09:33 AM
freakingfast
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rex 57 (Novarossi)

Hey Guys
Anyone ever try one of these little screamer? http://www.planethobby.com/product.p...&cat=71&page=1
Could be close to a Jett 56...if their specs are real. 2.2 Hp @ 18k. 2k to 21,940 usable range. Could be exceeding prop limits if your not careful.

The ad in Model Aviation says "More Horsepower and Better Toque Curves for hard 3D flying". 3D flying, really? I'd be thinking a Jackal.
Old 04-22-2011, 10:52 AM
smoknrv4
My Feedback: (11)

Default RE: Rex 57 (Novarossi)

I haven't, but those specs are similar to the Jett for sure, if so, price is right. I've always been impressed with their advertised specs on those engines, love to try some of them out.
Old 04-22-2011, 11:43 AM
gsalort1978

Hello, I have this engine http://www.planethobby.com/product.p...&cat=28&page=1 and It is a powerfull engine, but I have never seem a Jett running.
Old 04-22-2011, 11:59 AM
MJD
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: gsalort1978

Hello, I have this engine http://www.planethobby.com/product.p...&cat=28&page=1 and It is a powerfull engine, but I have never seem a Jett running.
Do you have any rpm/prop info to compare?
Old 04-22-2011, 05:24 PM
SpeedBoy

ORIGINAL: MJD

ORIGINAL: gsalort1978

Do you have any rpm/prop info to compare?
I was going to ask the same.
Old 04-25-2011, 01:16 AM
gltruett
My Feedback: (23)

I bought one of these last time I was home (Sep/Oct). I didn't get a chance to fly it but I did tach some props on the test stand, results follow:

10x6= 16,500
10x7= 15,600
10x8= 13,800
11x6= 14,100
11x7= 13,000

All props were APC and fuel was 15% Maxy's Castor/Synthetic blend. Engine was brand new and using the stock muffler which is unique and developed from Novarossi car racing experience. It is a beautifully made engine and I expect it will show some RPM gain with a little more run time. I bought a Jett muffler for it, next time I'm home I'll try that along with some 9" props. The engine came with what looks like a remote needle heli carb. The plug on the carb and needle valve body have the same thread size so if you prefer non remote needles as I do, it's just a matter of switching places, nothing extra to buy. The throttle arm on the carb extends a long way past the carb as is normal on a heli. I found you can remove the throttle arm and flip it 180 dgrees. For me that put it exactly where it needed to be for airplane use. All in all I'm very pleased with this engine and I expect I'll buy more. I think it's pretty close to being in the same class as a Jett for a little less money. That being said, I also have quite a few Jetts I have no intention of ever getting rid of.
Old 04-25-2011, 10:42 AM
freakingfast
My Feedback: (3)

It looks like it was responding to less prop. Could be a revver. A Jett muffler, tuned pipe and 9" props will tell us more.
By the way, if you are part of our armed forces...THANKYOU!
Old 04-25-2011, 04:57 PM
SpeedBoy

This engine with the stock muffler did the same that my YS 45 with tuned pipe on the 10x7 APC.

Nothign disapointing to me.

Lets wait to see the numbers with the 9" props. [8D]