Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

AME 061 on a 1/2 A Shrike...

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

AME 061 on a 1/2 A Shrike...

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2003, 10:53 PM
jchuston

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AME 061 on a 1/2 A Shrike...

I think that I have seen threads on this subject before but I haven't found what I was looking for...

I have an AME 061 Norvel engine...I would like to put it on a 1/2 A Shrike...which prop would y'all suggest...also, what kind of torgue should I need from the servos...I would be using Hobbico CS-12's...I think that they have about 35 oz-in, but I would be willing to buy some smaller, lighter pico sized ones if they would be able to handle the surfaces OK...

Also, while I am at it, is there any rule of thumb for servo torque...like 1 oz-in for each square inco of surface area...seems like the servo strength should be a function of either the surface area (for large aerobatic planes) as well as the speed (for DD's and Whiplashes) because I know that the dusts don't have large surfaces, nor do they deflect much, but at 120 mph, there would be quite a force on any sized surface...

Thanks a lot-

-John
Old 08-12-2003, 11:43 PM
jchuston

ok, thanks a lot guys...I will try that!!!
Old 08-13-2003, 02:55 AM
FlooredCOBRA

On a DD, trust me the faster you go the more torque you need on your surfaces.....it will literally lay they down. Makes pulling out of a dive at WOT a bit hairy.