Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

Great Planes suggestion

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Great Planes suggestion

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 01:21 AM
mshay
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great Planes suggestion

So the other day i happen to come across on craigslist a g/p Patriot, man was it nice looking new in the box. The guy wants 150 bucks and i would really like to get my hands on it(waiting on his reply) well anyway i decided to go to g/p website and go to their "recomend our next plane" page , so i put in the request for a new patriot with a different color scheme. I also told them that if they would just browse the forums of the two main rc sites they would realize that this plane is wanted by alot. so i encourage you to do the same lets try and get them to bring it back. who knows they are a big company that works fast and maybe they could get one out the door in a year.

also if you want the patriot back..let them know here also so they can see that indeed this is a jewel of a plane.

heres the link in case you have never been to their site before..it just takes a few clicks.

http://www.greatplanes.com/suggest-a-plane.html
Old 02-28-2011, 07:40 AM
MJD
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Great Planes suggestion

Manufacturs typically discontinue a kit when annual sales fall below profitable thresholds. A few tens of people on special interest forums often represent a small blip on the radar screen; if there is no real demand from their distribution pipeline then the product gets shelved. I worked for a hobby manufacturer some years ago, and we would receive pleas all the time for discontinued products that were great products but not making the numbers. The diehards in the special interest groups might have in the end accounted for annual sales of 50-100 units, whereas the product could be discontinued because sales fell below 5000 or more. If a bunch of retailers were to kick up a ruckus that might raise an eyebrow.

But it never hurts to try.
Old 02-28-2011, 08:21 AM
mshay
My Feedback: (3)

heres a quote from my platoon SGT. "TRY EQUALS FAIL!" lets not try it lets do it!!!

to me it doesnt make alot of sense to totaly discontinue a plane..perhaps lower the amount made until demand comes up, but to totaly discontinue a plane..i dont get it. i got into rc planes the same time i joined the army..which was in 06 and even from checking out rc magazines from around 99 to 05 and of course later the same arf or kits that i would really like to have just arent available any more.. ehh i does suck but every once in awhile a plane thats been discontinued will pop online somewhere, however the price is usually twice or three times what it cost a few years ago leaving me with out that plane. thats why i would like to see some older ones brought back to life so i can catch up on them and get what i rightfully deserve!! haha.

good insight though MJD it makes all the sense in the world too.
Old 02-28-2011, 10:41 AM
Lomcevak Duck
My Feedback: (14)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would love to see the Patriot come back in the .40 size either in kit or ARF form. But- the only way I would buy it is if the airfoil was thinned. The airfoil in the kit was INSANELY thick at the root, and I suspect that it was the same on the ARF.

Even better would be the kit with foam wing cores and a NACA 0008 airfoil
Old 04-02-2011, 06:58 AM
kmtranmd
My Feedback: (71)

GP has a number of propjet ARF's that look similar to the Patriot. I own a Patriot XL that I hardly fly anymore. When I feel the need for speed, I take out my Cermark F16 rather than the Patriot because F16 looks more like a real plane than the boxy Patriot. Both fly equally well. My 2 cents.
Old 04-06-2011, 03:10 PM
Jim Oliver
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Forgive me for the thread hi-jack

I have a Pat 40 kit that I will probably never build. Haven't advertised it for sale, but if anyone is interested send me a PM.

Jim
Old 04-14-2011, 08:24 PM
Razor-RCU
My Feedback: (50)

I have probably hundreds of posts about the GP Patriot, the kit and the ARF. Never got the bigger version (patriot XL) because it does look a little boxy.

I still have the plans for the kit as well as manuals for both the kit and arf. maybe some day I will pay someone to build me another. Interested if the Jackal outperforms the patriot???

CHEERS
Old 04-19-2011, 12:39 PM
Roary m
My Feedback: (67)

I hate to ask this but is the Patriot XL a dog? I have a kit of both and the smaller ship seems to rip pretty well and generally good flying characteristics. I just seem to get this mixed feedback reading the blogs on the bigger one and am trying to single out the common variables like it needs a Jett 90 or better or is it just a sled? Comments anyone?
Old 04-20-2011, 05:24 PM
vicman
My Feedback: (10)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I picked up two kits back when they were available thinking that was going to be my super speed wagon. Got into pylon racers and all I can say is whoa nelly.
Old 04-23-2011, 01:48 AM
kmtranmd
My Feedback: (71)

My Patriot XL with OS91/Jettstream tuned muffler running on apc 11x9 got clocked at about 135mph coming out of a dive. Respectable speed, but not bad enough to be called a dog IMO. Jett 90 certainly would be better in sound and revs, but costs a bit more.
Old 04-25-2011, 02:09 PM
Roary m
My Feedback: (67)

No kidding Vic, that quickie 500 flying will blow the plaque out of your veins, what a blast though.