Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

webra speed 55 P5, speed engine?

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

webra speed 55 P5, speed engine?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2011, 07:38 PM
gsalort1978

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default webra speed 55 P5, speed engine?

Hi, Is WEBRA SPEED 55 P5 http://www.jvsegrelles.com/ficha_articulo.asp?id=438 a suitable engine for a speed plane like Diamond dust, screaminf demon?

Is this engine a 5 ports engine timed for high RPM?

Regards.

Gabriel.
Old 04-22-2011, 07:50 PM
freakingfast
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: webra speed 55 P5, speed engine?

Low timed, even lower than a OS 55 AX I believe. Poorly documented intended applications/much confusion. With 5 ports you would think it would be a speed engine. This engine didn't help Webra stay in business. The Webra 55 GT (black head) was timed a bit higher than average, about 16K target ground rpm, a much better engine IMHO.
Old 04-23-2011, 06:42 AM
evan-RCU

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: webra speed 55 P5, speed engine?

Good grunt motor. Fairly heavy. Comes with a very large barrel carb. They made a heli version of these motors that has a lot of torque. I have the .61 version and though the helo it was in was converted to a .91 the .61 was pretty darn good. I still have it and will someday(???) put it in an airplane.

On the right engine with the right prop the .55 could go fast but a small light airframe like the DD is no place for it.