Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

Nemesis NXT electro by air-c-race.de

Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Nemesis NXT electro by air-c-race.de

Old 05-23-2012, 10:30 AM
Djamal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Nemesis NXT electro by air-c-race.de

This is my Nemesis Elektrovirsion (not NXT).
Setup: Scorpion HK-4015, ThunderPower 4S 4400, ESC Castle ACE 200, prop APC 8x7.3
It is my 3 plane, because two previous was crashed!
All symptoms like Martin post. "Then, on final, she would float and float and float at around 80 km/h (50 mph)......"
Usually i can landing at 3-4 try. Tail whell always broken at the start...
But i like this plane, because it is realy crazy one!

Ralph make for me one motor 4235 and already shipp it.
I waiting a new model Nemesis NXT (like your), and i hope try it on 10S.
I hope on my practice with previous model and your advise...

Old 05-23-2012, 02:48 PM
Edwin68

wouldn't it be possible to ad flaps to these models?
Both the bigscale Nemesis and Nemesis NXT have them and this shoud reduce landingspeed a lot??
Old 05-23-2012, 10:30 PM
Spuetz

Yes, definitely! I would wish for flaps and even a crow configuration as with gliders: Flaps down, ailerons up on landing. that should do the trick! But I would not dare to add the flaps to theexisting wing. don't know aboutthe internalstructure. So it would have to be built in at the manufacturer's side...Michael, do you hear us?
Old 05-24-2012, 04:24 AM
Racerbuilder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello Dzhamal, Gordon and Martin,

yes I hear you...

Gordon, you plane has an dry weight arround 3400 so this is ok...

We fly with 5 and 6 S (3400-4400 mAh) arround 3000-3200 Gramm and landings need room, also ailerons a bit up to get her down...

I know it is not easy landing, but the Airfoil we use on this plane was given from the 3 times in an row Reno Airrace winner with Nemesis on 8,5 ccm glow engine.. so the airfoil works.

Having 3700 and 4000 gramm on start... will fly and speed, but this also will need space for landing.... like Jon Sharp said: it is built for race, not for landing.

I can tell we have about 80-100 landing on our planes, not all of them very good, but we test and we crash planes befor we release... I know the small nxt is kind of a b**** by landing, but if you are not extremly heavy and have a bit space for landing it is not to heavy to land. I would suggest give the ailerons 3-4 mm up by landing and fly not full trhrottle in the last round... Important, the airflow design on my planes is extremly good, so you need to take a slow round to cool down and get the speed out of the plane. If you are to high and you have to dive get on the ground the plane will speed up again.... We have the problem on the place we use to fly, on the right we have an 2,5 Meter High fence on the left we have an Walking way about 1,50 meter higher than our field.... Scary when you come from left and an bicicle comes quick from the left. On the Nemesis and NXT E we have plenty of flights with different Pilots and we had also some not so good landings... ok never crashed that hard like Martin... I am thinking about the flaps... but more wood and 2 more servos... not help keep the weight down...
Old 05-24-2012, 06:51 AM
Spuetz

Hello Everyone,

to be fair with Michael: I agree. The airfoil ist great and the airplane is so smooth and slick in design that it actually flew over 250 km/h on just 6S! And that is the goal with this plane, isn't it? Mine was simply too heavy! So do reduce weight where you can! start with 6S 3000, not more. And do put the ailerons up. I did not do that. God knows why, since Ihad that hunch. My bad.

as with extra wood and servos needed for flaps: an extra 100 gramms or so for the benefit of heaving flaps that will slow the plane down byincreased dragAND produce a massive amount of additional lift: My guess is the good will by far outweigh the bad...

Cheers, martin
Old 05-24-2012, 08:27 AM
dclancey

Try adding separate servos to each aileron and then program in your flaperons. You would only be adding the weight of one additional servo that way.
Old 05-24-2012, 09:28 AM
Headhunter70

ORIGINAL: Spuetz

Hello Everyone,

to be fair with Michael: I agree. The airfoil ist great and the airplane is so smooth and slick in design that it actually flew over 250 km/h on just 6S! And that is the goal with this plane, isn't it? Mine was simply too heavy! So do reduce weight where you can! start with 6S 3000, not more. And do put the ailerons up. I did not do that. God knows why, since I had that hunch. My bad.

as with extra wood and servos needed for flaps: an extra 100 gramms or so for the benefit of heaving flaps that will slow the plane down by increased drag AND produce a massive amount of additional lift: My guess is the good will by far outweigh the bad...

Cheers, martin
Hi there,

We are not unfair with Michael not all, he is a very nice guy, excellent builder and designer and delivers an outstanding after sales service !!! And I consider this platform as a place to share ideas and experiences. I also believe that the weight might not be the biggest problem...heavier airplanes just fly faster but the angle of gliding is the same ...what worries me is the obviously naughty behavier of stalling ... so I think a little washout of 2 to 3 degress could make the differncs or wing fences (which is what I a m going to try) and should maybe have considered in the construction from the beginning...

If flaps are not feasable then we have to do what Michael suggests...make a big huge turn with engine idled and bring her in for landing...so we will see...
Old 05-24-2012, 10:34 AM
Spuetz

Hi, Sorry, I wasn't trying to say that you are being unfair. I just felt that my report might come across as not doing Michael's outstanding work justice...

I guess I was flying "old style" as I have learned flying man carrying aircraft: you fly a neat pattern with defined rectangular downwind and base leg. On a fast airplane like this one it involves quite steep turns, which might have led to stalling at - for this aircraft - considerably low speed... So a wide 180 degree turn might be a better idea.
Old 05-24-2012, 10:29 PM
Djamal

ORIGINAL: Racerbuilder

I would suggest give the ailerons 3-4 mm up by landing
I will try it tomorrow, and post for you after...

Old 05-24-2012, 10:52 PM
Djamal

Usualy, last time i always upload nose with 360g (you can see it on the picture in red).
Otherwise i have tail CG, and already two Nemesis was killed at the start (during take off).

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp43778.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	178.1 KB
ID:	1765634  
Old 05-26-2012, 10:53 PM
Djamal

This photo from my today flight.
Nice take off, nice flight, and crash at landing...
I use flaps (4mm Ail up). It's realy work. Speed was reduced.
Unfortunately i reduce speed very much (it is always my mistake), and can't rule it on final turn, and crash it.

I hope that the next flights will be better

Old 05-30-2012, 09:14 AM
Edwin68

ORIGINAL: Racerbuilder

yes I hear you...

Gordon, you plane has an dry weight arround 3400 so this is ok...

We fly with 5 and 6 S (3400-4400 mAh) arround 3000-3200 Gramm and landings need room, also ailerons a bit up to get her down...

I know it is not easy landing, but the Airfoil we use on this plane was given from the 3 times in an row Reno Airrace winner with Nemesis on 8,5 ccm glow engine.. so the airfoil works.

Having 3700 and 4000 gramm on start... will fly and speed, but this also will need space for landing.... like Jon Sharp said: it is built for race, not for landing.

I can tell we have about 80-100 landing on our planes, not all of them very good, but we test and we crash planes befor we release... I know the small nxt is kind of a b**** by landing, but if you are not extremly heavy and have a bit space for landing it is not to heavy to land. I would suggest give the ailerons 3-4 mm up by landing and fly not full trhrottle in the last round... Important, the airflow design on my planes is extremly good, so you need to take a slow round to cool down and get the speed out of the plane. If you are to high and you have to dive get on the ground the plane will speed up again.... We have the problem on the place we use to fly, on the right we have an 2,5 Meter High fence on the left we have an Walking way about 1,50 meter higher than our field.... Scary when you come from left and an bicicle comes quick from the left. On the Nemesis and NXT E we have plenty of flights with different Pilots and we had also some not so good landings... ok never crashed that hard like Martin... I am thinking about the flaps... but more wood and 2 more servos... not help keep the weight down...
Hi Michael,

since my plane is not delivered yet (the one with the Picco P80 DF you have received).........if the construction of the wing can handle it; can you cut out the space needed in the wing for the DS6125 servo's for flaps and also the flaps themselves?
I'd like to try the Nemesis NXT with flaps as the servo's only weigh 28 grams each, and the benefit could be really huge in slowing down the plane.

Best regards,

Edwin
Old 06-09-2012, 10:09 AM
Djamal

Hello,
This is my plane after the repair.

Old 06-25-2012, 09:54 AM
Djamal

ORIGINAL: Headhunter70

Hi there,

I finally received my Nemesis NXT Attached some pictures...I was surprised how the retracts problem was solved. Not sure wether this is a proven concept or more an experimental setup...what do you guys think of this ?

Anyhow I will maiden her soon and will keep you posted...

rgds
Gordon
Hello Gordon,
Where can i buy landing gears like your one?
Old 06-25-2012, 02:56 PM
Headhunter70

Hi Djamal,

Please check with Michael from Air C Race..I got the gears also from him.

rgds
Old 07-01-2012, 11:14 AM
Djamal

I just start to build new Greenmesis...

Name:	Ge95957.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	1777499   Click image for larger version

Name:	To43496.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	150.0 KB
ID:	1777500  
Old 07-01-2012, 11:18 AM
Djamal

Previous Nemesis electro was crashed today... Elevator rod was broken at high speed.

Name:	Us54376.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	135.0 KB
ID:	1777501  
Old 08-24-2012, 10:52 AM
Djamal

Some building photos...

Old 03-08-2013, 12:12 PM
qd25

Hi guys mine is nearly ready to go here are a few pictures
My setup is Scorpion HS4035-560kv Hyperion Atlas 130amp esc Hyperion G3 5400mAh 4s x 2 (8s setup) 12x12 prop

Name:	Sq46975.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	220.3 KB
ID:	1859620   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl30451.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	202.7 KB
ID:	1859621   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec87545.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	137.2 KB
ID:	1859622   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj22851.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	109.1 KB
ID:	1859623   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz77243.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	117.5 KB
ID:	1859624  
Old 03-08-2013, 12:15 PM
Djamal

Please some photo after full assemble.
Old 03-08-2013, 12:20 PM
qd25

ORIGINAL: Djamal

Will do,I will also video the maiden,can anyone tell me what the COG of this plane is i never got any information with it?
Old 03-08-2013, 12:24 PM
Djamal

ORIGINAL: qd25

ORIGINAL: Djamal

Will do,I will also video the maiden,can anyone tell me what the COG of this plane is i never got any information with it?
I was do one flight. I fly with CG at retract gear point. But it was very back CG. The plane fly very difficult. I think it will be closer to front part of the wing.