Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

Rossi RIRE .65 question

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Rossi RIRE .65 question

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2011, 04:13 PM
Jim Oliver
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rossi RIRE .65 question

Hey Guys,

Have any of you had any experience with the Rossi Rear Induction, Rear Exhaust .65 for RC speedy models? How about the Rossi .90 ducted fan engine?

Fuels, prop sizes, rpm range, model size-you know the drill.

Thanks,
Jim
Old 11-27-2011, 06:21 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: Rossi RIRE .65 question

If I owned either of those engines I would scratch build a scaled up Screamin' Demon or Diamond dust to 36" span.
Use high power servos, stout linkage and heavy duty hinges on the elevons.
Use hard balsa for the elevons and fiberglass over 1/4" thick balsa fins...[airfoil the fins first].
As far as props go, look at what Steve Wilk at Eliminator props has to offer in carbon fiber.
This should get you going with an easy build and a simple way to see impressive results from your Rossi.
Old 11-28-2011, 02:37 AM
Jim Oliver
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the reply.

I should have said, in the original post, that I would much prefer a standard model configuration; something like a Patriot design.
I have a Pat 40 kit (not the arf) and sorta wuz thinking about something similiar, but a bit larger for the 90 engine.

I have lots of experience building stuff, but need lots of advice on the engine operating parameters.

Thanks,
Jim
Old 11-28-2011, 03:38 AM
dhal22

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Sleek pattern planes from the early eighties are a good option. Enclosed pipe with retracts models are now available around the web. Try FrequentFlyer in the classic pattern forum. He provides numerous kits all 'glass fuses with foam wing cores.