Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Magnum?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2003, 07:57 PM
Ian.W

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Magnum?

hi all

im thinking of getting a magnum, i usually fly a Flip 3D, do you all wrekon this will be mad of me going from slow maneurvable to a ballistic missile. proberbly get a west combo, am i insane, answers on a postcard :stupid:
Old 08-28-2003, 12:30 AM
Rudeboy

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Magnum?

Depends...

On your total flying experience and skills... If you have no speed experience what so ever (never flown anything faster than 60 mph for instance) it would be slightly insane...
I'm not saying it can't be done, but it will be tricky.

Take a good look at yourself and your flying skills (lying to yourself doesn't help here) and decide if you're up to a small airframe that slices through the air at 170-180 mph and disappears in a matter of 2-3 seconds if you don't pay attention...

But on the other hand: a Magnum combo is only 300 bucks, so you won't lose a lot of money if your skills do not turn out to be up to the job....... game over, please insert coins

All this is if you manage to get your hands on a Magnum, because production has grinded to a stop for a few months...
Old 08-28-2003, 09:25 AM
LOONY BOY

Default Magnum?

Its only money$ . GO FOR IT
Old 08-28-2003, 11:17 AM
Cactus.
My Feedback: (1)

Default Magnum?

pass your B, fly a few more planes, if you can fly your mates 2 meter pattern without knocking knees your getting there. from what i know of you and planes experience, your not ready yet. once going its easy to fly. but thats only when its going past you, the rest is KNOWING what it's doing coz you wont see it doing it, and then getting the landing right.
on the sim you got, get a quick plane, turn the engine up a bit, turn zoom off, now practice.
Old 08-28-2003, 12:23 PM
SWICK
My Feedback: (4)

Default Magnum?

I built a Diamond dust, first fast plane. I will tell you this, it will make you a nervous wreck the first few times you fly and I strongly recommend that no one is up in the air while you are getting the hang of it. You have to think ahead before you make your next move. My DDust has been clocked at 151.33 and its fast enough.\
Old 08-29-2003, 12:37 PM
Ian.W

Default Magnum?

well..............i fly a 120mph smooth aerobatic plane quite offten, a few months ago i was low passing the right way up ( ) 2 feet off thew ground.

Phill: how do you know i havent got enough experience with planes, i may of only been flyin for 1 year 363 days but ive flown load and loads of different planes, i can fly the 2-meter pattern ship with ease, flown it loads of times, 8 maby 9 times, last week i was KEing it 8 foot off the deck (i can do that cos the plane is a home made one with no couperling, ive got complete faith in it, point and squirt).

I was also mucking around on AFP, making a harved do 170mph! LOL
Old 08-29-2003, 12:49 PM
Cactus.

Default Magnum?

just looking at planes owned in your profile.. taking a guess.

i can fly the 2-meter pattern ship with ease, flown it loads of times
is that why you failed the B test with it? you said you wernt familiar with it

120 isn't much, my Dust, Outlaw will top this with ease, but 180+ is a whole different ball game. you can't fly by sight anymore, just by knowing, a pattern ship dosn't disappear like a Magnum can.
But get one and prove me wrong. like i said, its not hard to fly, but you've got to respect it and know your limits. Clear blue sky's help btw

Cartman hasn't been flying long, he was hopeless when he first started but loads of crashing later hes pretty good, really improved over the past year, but i'm still not sure he could handle a Magnum yet. hell i'm not sure i can!

you got a couple of months to practice until the new version is out.
Old 08-29-2003, 01:18 PM
Ian.W

Default Magnum?

new version??? tell me more, iv allways loved these planes!
Old 08-29-2003, 02:03 PM
Cactus.

Default Magnum?

goto the main speed forum, read "No more Magnums at the monent?"