Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Outlaw or DD

Old 08-24-2003, 11:02 AM
IFlyRC5630
My Feedback: (50)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Outlaw or DD

Can ANYONE tell me how to get the plans or a kit for an Outlaw or Diamond Dust?
Old 08-24-2003, 10:06 PM
tomr-RCU

Default Outlaw or DD

That one's easy

goto

http://www.diamonddustrc.com

Call Jeff Gilbert and order a Diamond Dust Kit.
Old 08-24-2003, 11:15 PM
IFlyRC5630

Default That's all I needed

Thanks for the help. I'm OK now!
Old 08-25-2003, 05:02 AM
RC Thumbs
My Feedback: (2)

Default Outlaw

You can get plans and a short kit of Jerry Smiths Outlaw on Azars website. E Cubed RC

http://www.azarr.com/kits.htm

The Outlaw is a *MUCH* better flying delta. With a stock Webra 32 is does 137 all out from a dive. Clocked it with my radar gun at our last fun fly.

FWIW

Nobody
Old 08-25-2003, 05:08 AM
RC Thumbs
My Feedback: (2)

Default Outlaw

You can get plans and a short kit of Jerry Smiths Outlaw on Azars website. E Cubed RC

http://www.azarr.com/kits.htm

The Outlaw is a *MUCH* better flying delta. With a stock Webra 32 is does 137 all out from a dive. Clocked it with my radar gun at our last fun fly.

FWIW

Nobody
Old 08-25-2003, 10:04 AM
Cactus.
My Feedback: (1)

Default Outlaw or DD

i'll 3rd that
i've got both, the Magnum 36 powered Outlaw on a mini pipe is as fast as my Dust with a MVVS 40 PSQ with full pipe. the Dust is fast and smooth, you can pull up DAMN sharp from a pass.
The Outlaw is just as fast, can do the same quick direction changes, but can flat spin, prophang ect.
i worry slightly less about the dust when going low because its strong, and easy to rebuild
look on my site for pics of both of mine.
Old 08-25-2003, 02:34 PM
IFlyRC5630

Default Thanks for your help

OK....I've found the site and have an Outlaw on order. I have a Rossi 45 looking for a home, but that may be a destruction looking for a place to happen. I may "Up scale" the Outlaw some to make the Rossi work.
Comments?
Old 08-25-2003, 03:58 PM
Cactus.

Default Outlaw or DD

i have standard 3003's in mine, no flutter, the Outlaw is stronger than you think, have a look at my site under crashes and see what i did to a foam wing plane at 180mph closing speed!
Old 08-25-2003, 08:52 PM
IFlyRC5630

Default So you think???

So....are you saying you think the Rossi 45 will be OK in the Outlaw? I saw Anthony Weinsec (sp), a jet pilot, at our Jet Meet this past weekend dive that plane straight down and go into a snap roll at the bottom......but.......that was with a Webra 32......
I am really looking forward to this thing.....the spins and etc. are really neat.
Old 08-26-2003, 08:09 AM
Cactus.

Default Outlaw or DD

well. as i see it its a light weight fun fly with the 32 being perfect, but i've also seen americans have a habbit of putting big engines in funflys. in this case a 45 is big, heavy ect, but it's not OTT, the airframe will take it, but it's right at the limit. i have a 36 and pipe on mine and i can go from 120-130mph level flight into a blur spin that makes it stop. i was shocked that such a frame can take it. maybe replace the 1/4x1/4 balsa spars with spruce. but as long as you don't do a full power blender first flight it should be ok. If the engine fits in the cut out at the front, go with it. if you got spare cash, get a OS 32 or sommit.
going with a funfly prop, ie 11x4 or something will stop you getting too fast, but you'll have pleanty of grunt for spins.
one tip, build the rudder and throttle servos into the ribs ( horns facing inwards ) this saves alot of space and hassle inside and will allow more movement of the batt and rudder. my radio bay is also quite a bit longer than on the plan and i have a flat 4 cell pack at the very rear, balances perfect.