Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'm too slow.

Hi everyone,
    I'm still new here, been lurking for quite awhile. A while back I decided I wanted to try out speed flying. Now granted the last time I did any racng was in the 70s. Q500s. So i builtupa Q500 based on the old Spickler Quickie 500 and bought a used Jett Fire 50 with a Macs full pipe. What a mistake for an old man like me. first I did not crash, it just scared the bejeevers out of me. LOL! I did mange to get it back to terra firma only I overshot the runway into the high weeds, she was coming in very hot. Some damage to the airframe though ,wing, bent gear, you know, the usual balsa stuff. It is tuned for a 10x6 prop getting around 17500 rpm

The point of all of this is I am too slow for this type of flying. My reaction time (old Man syndrum) is not what it was 30+ years ago. I want to know what Ishould ask $$ wise for a Jet fire 50 with pipe. Btw I lost the remote needle valve assembly in the weeds. It was attached to the airframe and not the engine. Iput a NV on from an EVO 60 and it worked fine on the bench run, as didn't want to spend another $30+for one from Jett engineering. Being in Texas he adds Sales tax as well. Iknow I'm cheap
    So If you have any idea what I should ask for this in the classifed ads please let me know.

Thanks for your help Guys,Ilook forward to reading about all of your speed endeavors, I just have to realize I can't keep up anymore.

Mike

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: I'm too slow.

175 dollars
    AMA # 126183
    Fly light, fly fast and fly low.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks Airraptor,

Sounds like that plus shipping would be fair.

MK

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Mkoe

I dont think its a matter of being too slow. Its more of what you are use to. You may want to hang on to the Jett 50 while you work your way up to speed so to speak. You might want to take your quikie and put a smaller or slower engine on it until you get comfortable with the plane. As your comfort zone builds install a faster engine or re-prop for better speed. Pretty soon you will be able to deal with a fast model without too much trouble.

Just my $0.02
    Sig Kadet Brotherhood #84