Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Finally got radar on my plane

Old 09-01-2003, 11:11 PM
FlooredCOBRA

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Finally got radar on my plane

Sunday I was at the field when a patrol car came out. He was setting up to watch the parking lot near by. I asked him if he had a radar gun and could get some numbers for me. He had no problem with it at all.

I was finally going to see how fast my Dust actually goes. I Field up and cranked right up. Engine then died. I cranked up again pulled glo igniter off and it died. Bad plug. That was last plug I had for that engine that I know for fact would work. I scrounged around for any kind of plug that would work just so I could fly one time at least.

Next plug was a basic plug with idle bar. Didn't work plug went out quick. Finally I done tried all the plugs I had. Frustrated I finally gave up and told him I couldn't get it going.

All I had left was my trainer and thought what the heck. I cranked up and took off. He was behind his drivers side door with gun aiming at plane. I took it up as high as I could go....it took a while too. Turned back and around and went into a steep dive WOT....the engine was revving..I could see the tongue on the engine hanging out the side flapping in wind..... I wasn't going to get any more speed than that.. The ailerons sound like they was about to flutter. It was maxed out and not going anymore. I fly by a few times doing dives and just flying around....

When I got done I asked how fast I got it to go. He said in a dive it went 83 mph. I had to laugh because I thought this was pretty fast for a trainer.... Then again I was as high as I could get it and dived for days.... I asked him what it did in a flat line just flying around. He said 38 mph..

Well I got to see how fast something went that day....to bad it wasn't my dust.. Oh well theres always another day....