Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

the race is on, prop size needed!

i need some help with a prop question, I just purchased a 40 size pole cat and using a os 50 for a powerplant, what is going to be the best prop for speed? Another member raced me last fall with a sundowner 50 size with a evo 52 and beat me up preatty good! I must win! I do have a macs1 piece pipe i may sneak under the cowl for increased rpm and less weight but need a great speed prop.whats your thoughts? I am trying to keep the setup similar to his, I know i could but a Jett engine but it wouldnt be fair.
    jason

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: the race is on, prop size needed!

well a "40 size polecat" doesnt give us any usefull info at all. who makes it? the size, the weight, and so on. A picture would be great. Also the macs muffler i know about doesnt give a RPM gain. MACs does have a 1 piece muffler that does give a little more power over the stock muffler butnot much. Give us a part number for it.

I am think if this is an ARF then it will be a high drag model and need big power to go sorta fast. That OS 50 would work best with a "Red" Jett muffler and a 10x7 prop.
    AMA # 126183
    Fly light, fly fast and fly low.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: the race is on, prop size needed!

ORIGINAL: kork

i need some help with a prop question, I just purchased a 40 size pole cat and using a os 50 for a powerplant, what is going to be the best prop for speed? Another member raced me last fall with a sundowner 50 size with a evo 52 and beat me up preatty good! I must win! I do have a macsÂ*1 piece pipe i may sneak under the cowl for increased rpm and less weight but need a great speed prop.whats your thoughts? I am trying to keep the setup similar to his, I know i could but a Jett engine but it wouldnt be fair.
    jason
    It has a fast wing but the fuse is wider then it has to be, I guess the same could be said about the sundowner. Fun plane though. I don't know why they don't do the skinny scale thing for speed planes, it would be most appropriate. There is no real need for a 40 sized model to be wider then 2.5 to 3 inches.