Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Dust and Gyros?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2003, 08:13 PM
Kaos1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dust and Gyros?

Yes, I have flown the dust and sold mine 2 years ago. Kept the engine though and now am going to build another! I remember how exciting the hand launches can be.

Has any one tried using a gyro or pilot assist to keep the plane level during launching?
Old 09-11-2003, 09:32 AM
ChuckAuger
My Feedback: (12)

Default RE: Dust and Gyros?

I don't think either one will do you any good until the plane starts to fly. By then you will be flying it.
Old 09-11-2003, 09:36 PM
JohnVH
My Feedback: (38)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

My DD launched fine with a plain old bearing .46
Old 09-12-2003, 05:08 PM
Kaos1

I had a Picco 45 turning over 17K on the ground with an APC 9.5X7.5. It pulled so hard that people were afraid to hold it. When released, it was rock and roll the first 10 feet. By that time it was already starting to break the sound barrier. It was that time that it was flying "on the prop" with pure thrust and the ailevons were somewhat ineffective. Of course there was plenty of torque and that was the issue to overcome. Could be quite exciting and almost dangerous if the helper did not let go properly.
Old 09-14-2003, 11:41 AM
mumblety-peg
My Feedback: (3)

Today will be my first time doing a solo launch. Last time my "helper" decieded to try a running toss. The results were just about what u would expect..... crunch.....

Hand launches were OK with a 9*7 and a webra 52. But I really want to try smaller props today. Response was slow to ailron. But it did not seem like it was about to stall.