Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

Anybody up for a Speed Rally!

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Anybody up for a Speed Rally!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2013, 05:46 AM
vicman
My Feedback: (10)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Anybody up for a Speed Rally!

June 22 Hudson, NC
Old 03-29-2013, 06:04 PM
phase5
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Anybody up for a Speed Rally!

I am about 4 hours away, I have just started with fast planes don't have anything that will go over 125 if that is fast enough I will do my best to show up, long time away for my to say for sure. Hope to have a few faster planes by then, 
Old 03-30-2013, 07:00 AM
MJD
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Phase 5 - do it man! Showing up and clocking 125mph is better than sitting 12 hours away wishing you were there.. speaking from experience eh Vic? I hope I can talk someone into driving with me this year.

Is it my imagination or has nearly everyone gone dark here lately? Maybe not much is happening. Or maybe everyone is actually in the workshop doing something instead of vegging on RCU..
Old 03-30-2013, 04:08 PM
SPEED JUNKIE
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in. As promised. This better be good VicMan or I will let your wife know about you know what! 😜
Old 03-30-2013, 07:45 PM
vicman
My Feedback: (10)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm more worried about who knows what

We are working very dilligently to get a new runway installed and should have it all ready to go in time for the rally. It will be a little further from the pits and spectator area for safety concerns.

I don't have a line of pilot prizes yet but things always seem to work out pretty good. Last year ended up being a scorcher with the temprature being higher than some of the speeds. We also moved it up a week. We hope to get a few more pilots from the pylon community also.

The only RULE is no turbines because of the fabric runway. The new one will be made up US232 but I don't know how it holds up till we do a few tests. Who knows, we might let those guys run in the future.

All other types of model are welcome and embraced. We even had an 85 mph heli one year.

This will be one of those rare events where spectators outnumber pilots. Last year even with 110+ temprature we had around 120 spectators. Keep in mind this is NASCAR and short track racing country.

If it's fast, noisy, and might wreck...people around here will come watch.

No plane is too slow. If you pay for the run we will watch and you will get a certificate.[8D]