Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

[Deleted]

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2003, 07:58 PM

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-22-2003, 06:30 AM
Cactus.
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Lanier shrike .10

the LA isn't fast by any means, but if i'm right they are quite light yes? it should go ok, enough power to go vertical, but it wont be blistering fast, the FX is a diffrent matter however. i've got a Magnum 21 on mine and it's pretty rapid, but still "sport" speed, just nice for jet style beat ups
Old 09-22-2003, 03:30 PM
bobbdd

I had a Shrike, with a .15 engine, and had a lot of trouble with it. They fly great, and as other people have said it is hard to push them past 80 MPH. Also with the Shrike in particular, I had the mid size and the .40 size and thay both had a real problem when slowing down, the elevator effectiveness, totally vanishes. On the .40 I put the elev. 2" higher between the tails, that was a fun plane to fly, but I still had to keep it at jet plane speeds to fly it, and that means at all times, right to the touch down.

bobbdd
Old 09-22-2003, 03:53 PM
rockhouse
My Feedback: (5)

A shrike 10 with a 25 fx or fp with a tuned pipe will do well over 100. Probably up to 130. BUT you need to build it to withstand the forces it was not designed to take. Use spruce spars, sheet the wings, sheet the area between the fins, & move the firewall back about a 1/2 inch to accomodate the weight of the larger motor. Mount the battery pack as far back as possible.

As far as elevator problems -- I haven't had any so far. Set up dual rates for the elevator to be used on landing. I think some of the elevator problems are people diving too steep too long--too bad. The plane is a hoot to fly & it's small size makes it look like it's going much faster than it is. It will roll faster than you want it to, & with a 9x4 prop the vertical uplines are amazing. It doesn't seem to slow down at all.