Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

new spad Diamond Dust????

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

new spad Diamond Dust????

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2014, 04:33 PM
pabrokenprop
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new spad Diamond Dust????

i saw this video on youtube of a coroplast DD.. I had a kit DD and it has succumb to fuel soaking. I think this (spad) idea is great idea. anyone have any means to the resources (I.E.) the coroplast !! I have looked all over and the prices are crazy!! I have the dimensions for the DD so that will be no issue.. has anyone built one or saw one around?

any info will be greatly appreciated
thanks
Old 02-15-2014, 04:32 PM
pabrokenprop
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

here is the video I saw
http://youtu.be/wvM7pqWke04
Old 02-16-2014, 10:01 AM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

You would really need to exercise tight controls over your SPAD technique to form a warp free, twist free structure if it's going to be flying 150 mph and above. It's got to be able to come out light enough so that it can fly level and as close to zero angle of attack as possible.
All things considered, I'll stick to the "kite frame" types for their unmatched lightness, straightness and rigidity.