Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

Double D's for sale

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Double D's for sale

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2015, 05:54 PM
Crazy4Flight
My Feedback: (540)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

6) ...................................... Faster
7) LOUDER
Old 06-10-2015, 07:31 AM
MJD
My Feedback: (1)

Originally Posted by Horn Dude
Man... now it seems the DDs are popping up for sale / or peeps pulling an old kit from storage to sell. I had hard nuff time trying to get a print to rebuild mine... Like your DD with Jett 50. Have you tuned in engine with the pipe? May grab this one up. Originally I wanted a rear pipe, but since Dubb is close by my work, he talked me into a 46 with tuned side pipe. It does scream, but like to have another.

MJD...
Maybe you have better luck contacting Hubert Leubner for the pulse Jet. I have tried and never got a reply. Still hunting for a well built pulse jet and plane. I do not want a knock off HK one.
Also I ran across your Virus build.. How is it coming along? Or is it complete?
Hubert should be back from vacation now - I'd suggest emailing again ask him for price and availability on the ER90 or ER100 engine, and the various models he makes - Virus, Scout, Super Scout, um.. there maybe one or two others.

The smallest engine, the ER90 - 90mm, ~15lb thrust - is several hundred Euros, a far cry from HK $99 pulsejets. So it is much more of a commitment - dunno what you have in mind for budget.

The next option I guess would be one of the Italian Zanin engines, they are easy to Google.
Old 06-12-2015, 12:15 PM
[email protected]

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Received the 80% Dust yesterday. Just like described. "PERFECT"

Thanks for a smooth tranaction & Turbine Crazy shipping speed.

Mike

Originally Posted by Crazy4Flight
I have just listed two Diamond Dusts for sale...

#1 Stock build with Rebuilt Jett FIRE 50

#2 80% scale Dust with new K&B 3.5cc SOLD
Old 07-01-2015, 08:42 PM
Horn Dude

Well the answer to the side exhaust vs rear exhaust was what he suggested. Also he was going out of town and already had some side exhaust engines being built. And I really wanted to get up in the air. So I just went with his suggestion on the side exhaust. I will eventually get a rear exhaust Jett engine.

Well as you can see on the dust, I did not slap on a hobby king or evolution engine. I went for the best.

Same thing with a pulse jet. Ill spend more for good quality work instead of going cheap and getting burned by a 100.00 hk pulse. Well I will give him another go. Thanks for the post MJD.

Oh.. what pulse do you have there in your picture?
Old 07-02-2015, 04:52 AM
MJD

That is the ER140 , 140mm engine. I don't know if he considers this a production engine - I got the impression he made 4 or 5 of them perhaps as a special run? Not 100% sure, but at the time this was the last one he had of a small batch. He may do more, although this engine is too big for the new AMA rules.. 35lb thrust on gas/kero, whereas the single engine limit is 25lb. So you may want the ER90 or ER100. Plus he has the Scout, Super Scout, Virus, and maybe other airframes available.

Hubert's a good guy, just write him again. He gets pretty stressed out in the weeks preceeding and surrounding the Days of Thunder event, as the organizer and a key supplier. And I know he took off for vacation immediately after.
Old 07-05-2015, 05:28 PM
Horn Dude

Well I got in contact with Hubert. I was afraid there was going to be a language barrier. But all is well. Dang a 140... I will start off with a er90mm. Been talking with him. Out of planes at the moment. But the pulse jets are on hand. Not sure if im going to get an engine now, or wait til he has some planes built and pay for one shipment. Even if I got the engine alone, I would not know what I could mount it on to fly.

Went to do some flying today. After I charged up the DD my charger went out. Replaced fuse and it popped it. Cheap as they are, Ill just shop around for a new one. Joy. Where to start looking.
Old 07-05-2015, 07:59 PM
MJD

I'd go with one shipment.. it's expensive.
Old 07-09-2015, 03:18 PM
MJD

Found a good delta for the ER140:

Delta wheel that is. Just needs road rubber and a heat shield for my bum.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Trike 1.JPG
Views:	42
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	2108281  
Old 07-10-2015, 11:10 PM
Horn Dude

Man the looks I would get riding that around where I live and going by the golf course and disturbing everyone. You fired up that 140? How does it sound?
Old 07-12-2015, 01:54 PM
MJD

I haven't received the fuel pump yet - it was shipped earlier this week from Germany. Once I get that I'll fire it up.