Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

World model dago red or strega ??

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

World model dago red or strega ??

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2017, 03:35 PM
SACKRC
My Feedback: (7)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default World model dago red or strega ??

Had WM dago red with a dub jet 90 for some time. Got around 140mph.had fun and totaled it. Need a new plane, thinking of the WM Strega

They state the wing is modified thinner air foil . More speed?? Anyone have any input, is the Strega a good pick for my db 90.

Rich B. thanks
Old 03-15-2017, 02:04 PM
rgburrill

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts

Same plane, different color scheme. What difference does it make?
Old 03-16-2017, 12:00 AM
J Kikkert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rgburrill
Same plane, different color scheme. What difference does it make?

Not hardly the same plane. Dago Red Has a fiberglass fuselage. Strega is designed as a War bird racer and is all wood construction. Also has fully sheeted wing, solid wood tails and a lot sleeker in shape
Old 03-16-2017, 12:12 AM
J Kikkert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rich,
How does your DJ 90 run. We had a guy at our field who couldn't get his adjusted and sold it on eBay, and switched to YS 4 stroke, I've been thinking of buying a DB 90 for warbird racing but haven't seen anyone using one in our area. I don't like the 4 strokes bad habit of back firing and blowing the prop off.
PS: the world Models Strega flies excellent. I've assembled a couple of them for other people, and those, along with several orhers in our area all preform excellent. Haven't seen any problems with them and they are extremely fast.
JERRY
Old 03-16-2017, 05:34 AM
MJD
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's hard to imagine a Jett engine that couldn't be adjusted correctly, I'd put money down the issues were user related but I stand to be corrected.

Seems World Models has a 4s 115 ready version in the wings with the beefing up done, not sure when it comes to market or if it is out.
Old 03-16-2017, 01:20 PM
SACKRC

Originally Posted by J Kikkert
Rich,
How does your DJ 90 run. We had a guy at our field who couldn't get his adjusted and sold it on eBay, and switched to YS 4 stroke, I've been thinking of buying a DB 90 for warbird racing but haven't seen anyone using one in our area. I don't like the 4 strokes bad habit of back firing and blowing the prop off.
PS: the world Models Strega flies excellent. I've assembled a couple of them for other people, and those, along with several orhers in our area all preform excellent. Haven't seen any problems with them and they are extremely fast.
JERRY
JERRY , got my DJ 90 running very good, run it on full mac pipe, 11/8 apc prop. mc 59 plug 10 or 15 nitro turns 15800 to 16,200
depend on weather when its cool it turn over 16,000 ..
Did some mods. on engine, carb opened to .475 flared the crank at carb side, matched ports to case , lightened piston.
head clear. at .012.

Early on , had problems, over heated easily. Motor was extremely tight and need a lot of break in time, seems to run much
better with full pipe and my mods.,and break in important. Ran boats in the past 90s always had heat problems. but also have a remote needle, helps, half way into a run It will go a little lean, click rich . and game on. (a pylon bag type tank would make it more consistent.).
It dose put out. some times I go to a 11/9. for a little more speed.
All in all once you get done its a runner. if you leave it stock with the muffler , break in really important. and fuel with castor syn. mix.
thank for info on streger. RC group had good review on. Only trick was it need to be balanced towards nose, tail can cause problems.

thank rich b.
Old 03-16-2017, 03:35 PM
MJD
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It doesn't look like this version is out yet, or did I miss it..

AirBorne Models Showcase
August 4, 2016 ·
This is the new Strega by The World Models that AirBorne Models should have in about 10 weeks. It will come in the red/white scheme, and also in solid red, solid yellow, and solid white. It is built for racing with engines like the YS 115FZ-WS Warbird Special engine http://ysengines.us/products/engines/YS115FZ_WS/default ... AirBorne may be accepting pre-orders. The web site is http://www.airborne-models.com/index.asp ... With the Spitfire 40 http://www.airborne-models.com/html/...ils.asp… also able to handle the YS 115, there will be some awesome ARF Warbird Racing planes.
[h=5][/h]

Old 03-16-2017, 06:48 PM
SACKRC

Guy on RC group seem to have them??